don't click here

Sonic Boom (Games) Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Right now, I've got a fair bit of confidence that the game will turn out to be really good. We're gonna have to wait til hands on impressions are proper footage start coming in over the next few months, but I've feeling like we can rightfully be optimistic this time. Sales-wise however, it's already guaranteed to bomb by virtue of being a Wii U game. Even if it sells well by Wii U standards, the numbers won't be anything to write home about. The 3DS version is going to have a lot riding on it.

2. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Oh, it's not like I expect the game is going to be bad. If anything I'm cautiously optimistic. It's just that regardless of quality, this will probably be the most interesting Sonic game in a while. Because it's the first mostly western take on a Sonic platformer since Sonic 3D Blast.

3. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Not only that, but with an expert team at the helm and the fact that this is a huge multimedia project. To use some annoying buzz words, they're launching a whole new branch of Sonic with a massive push. It already is the most interesting thing Sonic's done in all my time in the community.

4. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    That too. It is a spin-off, but it's a far bigger one than any of the previous Sonic spin-offs and it shouldn't be seen as one. The best way I can describe it is as the Ultimate Marvel of the Sonic franchise.

5. Arique

Arique

SHUWATCH! Member
    I'm really digging the concept art shown off in that behind the scenes video. Definitely gonna make those my wallpaper loop on my computer once the game is near release date.

As for the series, I'm... Actually really interested in this. Alternate Universe shenanigans? Count me in! :v:

6. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    I only watched four minutes of it because I want to keep much of that a surprise for when you finally release it, but wow that's impressive. Keep up the fantastic work.

7. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I'd just be so much more excited for this if it weren't for those redesigns. At least not Sonic's and Knuckles'. They're still rubbing me the wrong way, which is a shame because the rest looks good besides the ingame models, which again, crap

8. Tiller

Tiller

HDK & World Runner
    "Sonic Boom is story based" on the title card

OH BOY HERE WE GO.

They say they're not writing down to an audience...but that voice sample was awful. Also I'm afraid Amy's just going to be a Julie Mary-Sue.

9. What if the alternate dimension episode just has them meeting the Modern/regular Sonic counterparts.

And judging from those new voice clips, is it me or is Knuckles starting to become the "fat guy" of the group, with the way he keeps mentioning food and such.

10. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    Wait, Iizuka is a General Manager now? Does that have any implications at all or am I just reading too far into this?

11. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    He's been in charge of the Sonic franchise since Sonic Colours.

12. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    What I'm wondering is if he doesn't direct the games uh...directly anymore. This is the first I've seen of him being referred to as a manager rather than a director, but then again I barely pay attention to these things.

13. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Hiroshi Miyamoto directed Generations, Korio Kishimoto directed both Colours and Lost World and Yoshihisa Hashimoto directed Unleashed (and subsequently left for Square Enix). IIRC the Dimps games these days are all directed by Toshiyuki Nagahara. Iizuka on the other hand is credited as producer on all of the games.

14. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    /I never quite understood the role of a prducer, in any context. That's the final say guy? Cause that's what I thought a director was supposed to be. Or is this one of those "in a perfect world..." situations?

15. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Honestly, I have no idea. Iizuka was the director or all the main games from SA1 through to ShTH, plus the Rivals series and Naka was the producer up until he left mid-way through '06 citing that he wanted to be more directly involved in the development and that his role had moved him away from that. I would appreciate if someone a bit more understand of the terms could shed more light on it, if they're not used too loosely.

16. bombatheechidna

bombatheechidna

Looks like Knuckles is going to be even more stupid. Totally didn't see that coming. :rolleyes:

But yeah some people are saying they want Shadow but what about Metal Sonic? We haven't seen him in any of the tv shows or recent games. He was in Generations and Sonic 4 but that doesn't really count.

17. NomadTW

NomadTW

I ain't gotta impress you fucks. Member
    All of those jokes were awful, god damn. It's baffling to have so much talent behind a show and have jokes that bad.

But hey, I'm gonna give it a chance. We've been surprised before, right? Right.

I still find it hilarious that some people actually think that this will take over the main Sonic series if it becomes successful. Sega has been known to make some boneheaded decisions before but...c'mon now, honestly. :v:

18. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUkcz2taCiw

19. Epsilonsama

Epsilonsama

THE FASTEST TAPE ALIVE! Member
    Earth
    Gotta admit I lost it when they were describing Amy being now a strong independent woman. For the love of god you couldn't get more cliché than that. Part of her appeal was the comedy of her being head over heels over Sonic. I don't get what's western developer's and their obsession with "strong independent" woman?

20. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    I welcome it because Amy was annoying as all hell. Those are simply the worst types of characters. It wasn't even comedic as it was more, "Someone just kill her now."