don't click here

Sega vs. Nintendo Movie Based on Book Coming Soon

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by Jason, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    Seth Rogen is making a movie about Sega vs. Nintendo, and it's being optioned by Sony.
    It's based on this upcoming book, which he foreworded.
    I am so confused.

2. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    This is going to be great. This Is The End had me roaring, so more movies directed by these guys is fine by me.

3. Jason

Jason

4. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    I assume this is just going to focus on the USA then, as this line is only true for that territory.

5. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    I wonder how much misinformation is in this movie then. I was thinking this was a documentary before reading that summary.

I mean, that summary already says that the Genrsis came out in 1990 (apparently) and that it was "US vs. Japan" (I don't get this line).

6. Jason

Jason

That's the weird part. If what the press release says is accurate, there is a movie, which Rogen is directing and the book writer is producing, and a documentary, which their roles are reversed. So it sounds like there's going to be a dramatization of the events version, kind of like that Jobs movie, and a more informative version based on the same material. Strange approach, but the "over two hundred" interviews the writer conducted can't be too far off base.

7. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    I wish they wouldn't.

There's already too much misinformation already - an entire generation of schoolkids think that Nintendo was relevant in the UK, and it means as a nation we're sleepwalking into forgetting our entire home computing heritage!

Also even in the US, events after 1993 get a bit muddled. The Super Nintendo starts throwing some punches but some don't land until after the Sega Saturn. So it's really difficult to judge success and discover which console "won". Except in non-US, non-Japanese regions where it was a Sega walkover.

8. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    Welcome to every biopic/movie based on true events movie ever made.

I think nothing but good can come from this. I know that personally, I always fact-check after seeing a "true story," and I know many others do too. If anything, this will help people get more educated, and maybe boost some Sega sales in the meantime.

9. Epsilonsama

Epsilonsama

THE FASTEST TAPE ALIVE! Member
    Earth
    Get ready for the price of the Genesis to increase exponentially. All the kids that weren't part of this will buy a Genesis because its hip and cool.

10. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    I'm fine with that, I have more than enough spare MDs to make a killing on eBay :v:

11. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Phhhppt what are you talking about. Those 80 in 1 things at Urban Outfitters are good enough. :specialed: