don't click here

Metal Sonic in Sonic game hacks

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by MathUser, Feb 11, 2014.

1. MathUser

MathUser

3rd top wiki contributor Researcher
  2. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Wow, how cool! wish he would have come by and told us. we don't bite (much). ;)

Nice to see proper Metal Sonic hacks.

3. Jayextee

Jayextee

Unpopular Opinions™ Member
    Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.
    Metal Sonic Hyperdrive.

Well, that was classy. Beautiful-but-borrowed art and a pleasing lack of "LOOK HOW AMAZING A CODER I AM" innovations pointless shoehorned-in features and just a pleasing romp from beginning to end. Some of the platforming and traps were delightfully original and, at times, sadistic. Also, I could play as nothing but Sonic with the CD spindash. This pleased me.

I loved it.

4. Caverns 4

Caverns 4

Sonic: Retold
    Metal Sonic Hyperdrive.... I just played it, and I gotta say I'm rather impressed. This games did some really clever new takes on old gimmicks, which to me is just as great as implementing new things altogether. I'm also really picky about level design, and while it's not perfect here, it's actually surprisingly good for a Sonic hack.

5. Retroman

Retroman

I found Metal Sonic: Overdrive online, and played it. Is fantastic in the way the art is styled, and the music choices are great, original and fresh.

There's big points for the use of Sonic 1 Assets in Level Design such as the fans from SLZ used in the second level, bumpers from SYZ in the third level.

As Caverns said, he places a great take on the vanilla gimmicks in his level design, and he's got points for creativity, art style and features. I especially like the different characters.

6. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    I personally found Kirby to be addictive and fun to play with, with his trademark ability wonderfully included. I also just love little touches, like Metal Sonic's awesome peel-out animation.

7. Epsilonsama

Epsilonsama

THE FASTEST TAPE ALIVE! Member
    Earth
    Looks cool, but don't like the way you need to access the Special Stages.

Actually are the special stages implemented?

8. Glisp

Glisp

That one weird guy that does stuff. Member
    Bloomington, IN
    None at the moment I'm afraid.
    Well last I checked, they wouldn't let him in here. Could have changed but last I checked he couldn't get in because of the validation forum. He signed up under the name "LoneDevil"

9. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    He's also known as DarkonMK360 I believe, and has been banned from here and SSRG so... I think he was banned from SSRG because he kept using a filter in each of his screenshots after the staff told him not to do it. He didn't listen and well got banned for it. :v:/> He's been banned here most likely for having multiple accounts, so we'll have to keep an eye out on his hacks on his own website and other Sonic forums. His hacks are pretty impressive I must say, he's even added his own character in a Brawl mod too.

10. Glisp

Glisp

That one weird guy that does stuff. Member
    Bloomington, IN
    None at the moment I'm afraid.
    I know his other alias. I happen to be friends with him.

11. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

I'm impressed how complete the S3+K hack is. Nice to see more character hack projects for the game.

12. StephenUK

StephenUK

Liquor in the front, poker in the rear Tech Member
    Manchester, UK
    Quackshot Disassembly
    Actually no, he was banned for multiple reasons. The main reason was that if anyone crticised his hack (which at the time was very poor) it would always end in a drama. Despite being told multiple times to post updates when he'd done something significant and decent, he would post an update about every minor thing, handle criticism badly and we were back to the drama. He wasn't the only person banned during that time, however the two major parties involved seem to have matured a lot since then and are welcome back. In fact, Darkon is a member of SSRG again and is like a completely different member.

13. MathUser

MathUser

3rd top wiki contributor Researcher
    The latest versions of the MS in Sonic 1 and MSO have been added. The MSO hack update added a Extras menu. Check it out if you wish.