don't click here

Sonic Boom (Games) Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Harmony Friends

Harmony Friends

it's the whole gang Oldbie
    It's a shame it is fake. The ideas of Metal Sonic taking the role of antihero rival and Shadow and Rouge being Eggman's snarky, deceitful henchmen really appeal to me. Then you read the thing about Silver and go "oh. it's fake". :C

2. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    Yeah I'm not buying that in the slightest, I know Sega have done some questionable things with the Sonic franchise. But to up and completely gut it into something else in this fashion, just when it's starting to pick up momentum again in it's current form is super stupid.

Gimmi a few minutes lol

[​IMG]

3. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Hawaiian Shadow popped up near immediately yesterday but that is easily the best one. I love it.

4. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    I saw this one earlier.
    [​IMG]
    http://fav.me/d70vxgi

5. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    You get ALL the points for using Riders Shadow.

6. JaredAFX

JaredAFX

You telling me a shrimp fried this rice? Member
    Florida
    Downloading megahertz
    It confuses me that the Jazwarez billboard says this is the first CG animated film in the franchise, when it isn't. This is. Which makes me wonder... What if they're actually making a full-length feature film to end off the series? If the show does well, that'd be great. I'm really trying to keep an open mind, considering all we've seen is one piece of promotional art, but it just weirds me out. Still, can't judge it until it actually releases.

7. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

NotW isn't a CG film, it's a short. While you may just call that a technicality, when people talk about films they do generally mean something full-length. And in addition to that, Jazwares isn't SEGA so they could easily make the mistake of forgetting NotW - it isn't exactly well known.

8. Lord Kanti

Lord Kanti

Not a huge fan of it being CG; but at least the episodes will be short. XD

9. Dr. Corndog

Dr. Corndog

I honestly would really dig a Scottish Tails.

10. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    I believe that the cg film is separate from Sonic Boom. Remember, Sony registered a domain for a Sonic the Hedgehog movie, plus the fact that the jazzware thing mentions SB and the movie as separate things.

11. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    It's listed under "New Show".

Anyway, apparently any new information on that info board is incorrect.

12. Neowl

Neowl

feels good man Member
    London, England
    SAIL HATAN
    Alternatively, the folks over at the Sega boards could be doing some damage control.

13. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Wouldn't be surprised, seeing how she's denying information about Sonic Boom that was officially announced last year.

14. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    They only said that nothing has been "announced." The wording is purposely vague. That's the only reason cited for the poster being incorrect, not the content itself being wrong.

15. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Since those carefully selected words seem to be the only sentence she can say on this subject, I wonder what very specific bit of information that "came out of Nuremburg Toy Fair" is "incorrect", and to what degree. Funny how she even removed "recent" the second time she spoke, to make things more vague.

Oh wait, she didn't even directly specify that she was referring to the information regarding Sonic Boom, didn't she. :rolleyes:

16. NioZero

NioZero

Concepción, Chile
    Tornado Sky Fighters
    Maybe the exclusive third videogame is one with the Werehog again and the CGI movie is Night of the Werehog 2 :v:/>/>

17. Arique

Arique

SHUWATCH! Member
    So, uh... This is happening.
    [​IMG]

Get Hype.

18. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    >Renaissance, aka rebirth

Well that doesn't sound foreboding at all.

19. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Please no full series redesigns ala steroid Knuckles.

20. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Apparently SEGA staff is in New York for something, so it seems to be legit. And it says on top that the embargo ends on the same day. Looks like it's time for the entire Sonic community to go crazy, so bring your popcorn.