don't click here

Sonic Dash, on iOS & Android

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Phredreeke

Phredreeke

Oldbie
    Strangely it runs pretty good on last year's Nexus 7.

2. JRokujuushi

JRokujuushi

J64 Member
    Looks like the update officially hit Android. No idea if the alert directing to the iTunes page got fixed since I simply updated through the Play Store.

Lots of new achievements including some that require using alternate characters, so Knuckles and Amy aren't the only ones worth unlocking now.

There used to be a bug that made maxed out upgrades count on the indicator that shows how many things you can buy, that's been fixed.

They've introduced cloud saves, so I expect the exploit with backing up and restoring the save.txt file to get infinite free spins and free wallpapers won't work any more, and I don't really want to try it and risk something happening that'd make me lose my progress.

It seems there might be some new "building blocks" for the courses as well as I've noticed a few arrangements of obstacles that aren't familiar to me.

That's about all I've noticed so far. There might be a new character coming up with the new global event around Christmas, but it was pretty vague about that.

EDIT: A few other things I've encountered as I've continued playing.

The bug where the revive token prompt stays on screen after watching a video hasn't been fixed.

Certain achievements claim you need to reach a goal in a single run, but it actually accumulates the value over multiple runs.

If the next area has a boss fight with Zazz, the monitors above the screen will show Eggman logos.

The symbol on the dash button changes when you're unable to use it.

EDIT 2: I found an easily repeatable bug. If you're crossing a gap that requires you to homing attack choppers, if you swipe down to drop to the ground instead of letting gravity handle it the camera will stay elevated higher than normal. This causes it to look at a downward angle and makes it hard to see what's coming ahead.

3. JcFerggy

JcFerggy

Do you want to taco 'bout it? Member
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    GoldenEye: Source, Other Stuff
    Global challenges are live with the top prize being Silver the Hedgehog.

Edit: So the first goal for individuals is 50 gifts, which is not that hard to get, but the global count hasn't moved yet and we only have 14 days to unlock silver. I don't know if we can make it.

4. Effexor

Effexor

JUSTICE Member
    So apparently the update allowed the game to be playable on some more devices, including the Razr M?

I've gotten around to playing it for a few minutes, and it's okay. About what I expected. Too bad it drains the battery like nothing else I have.

5. JRokujuushi

JRokujuushi

J64 Member
    I'm having the same issue with the global progress indicator not increasing. Is the iOS version having the same issue?

EDIT: Looks like the globe is just really slow at getting presents. It's gone up a bit now.

[​IMG]

6. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Nice, Thanks! mind filling us in on where these wallpapers came from?

7. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

You buy them in the game for use on your phone.

8. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    They also cost a fair bit of in-game rings altogether, so this is nice.

9. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    I've only collected 9 presents so far, but I just started playing. It's a start so far at least. xD Even if I don't really care for Silver, it'd still be cool to unlock him. I still have to unlock everyone else though...

10. I've got 72 presents so far and I've reached the first global hurdle but apperently the world hasn't so I'm waiting for it to unlock to continue.

11. Phredreeke

Phredreeke

Oldbie
    Been like that the last few global challenges too, and somehow the "final prize" is only reached on the last day.

12. JcFerggy

JcFerggy

Do you want to taco 'bout it? Member
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    GoldenEye: Source, Other Stuff
    I've gotten about 200 presents now. I also have all the achievements I can get without purchasing extra characters or wasting my boosters.

13. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    What exactly are the compatibility requirements for this game? I can play anything else Sonic in the google store, but not this one.

14. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Sonic Paradise Researcher
    Spain
    Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
    Hardlight did a dodgy blacklist for this game, many people have their devices as incompatible on google play, but if you download and install the .apk from somewhere, the game works. It happened to mine, I'm playing with a pirate copy because of that ( not that it would hurt SEGA or hardlight as the game is free anyways)- The only downside is that it doesn't auto-updates when a new version comes out and you have to look for an updated .apk around again ( and you lose your save. Maybe there is a way around that but I haven't found it yet). I waiting untill hardlight makes my device compatible...

15. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    This page says that the game requires Android 2.3.3 and up, but the game is incompatible with my device running 2.3.7. Is there an actual comprehensive compatibility list somewhere?

16. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    Do note that the game uses a fair amount of RAM, if your device has only 512MB then it's gonna get killed by Android's memory manager a lot.

17. FlackoWeasel

FlackoWeasel

Blue cheese lover! Member
    Is the global challenge community some random people or do I have to add friends to my friends list to make the global bar raise?

18. It's basically everyone who's playing, we all have to collect enough presents to reach the bar. I haven't had to add anyone and the bar's been slowly building by itself.

19. FlackoWeasel

FlackoWeasel

Blue cheese lover! Member
    Thanks for the info. I have been collecting lots of presents on my own too. I hope the rest apply on the locked ones too when they get open. Like if I have 200 presents and atm my 2nd stage bar is full, the rest will carry on already to 3rd and 4th when they unlock, but I doubt...

20. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Nope, doesn't work like that. At least it didn't with the Lost World challenge and since this is basically the same I'm guessing it works the same. Which is a shame, why should a grand total of like, 300 presents be worth the same as 150 in the end.

BTW Here's some Silver gameplay. It's funny, this game just kind of shows that really all I want for Sonic games is the option to play as the other characters even if they play exactly like Sonic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCqSQZXA9sc