don't click here

Sonic 1 and 2 getting the Sonic CD treatment by Taxman and Stealth

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Yep. Chaotix is just a beautiful trainwreck.

2. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Chaotix is just so... bland. I mean I love the art and music, but the gameplay and level design (not to mention playing 25 versions of the same level, more or less) ruin it for me.

They have better things to utilize their talents on.

3. OKei

OKei

OKeijiDragon Member
    I'd want them to just focus on Sonic 3 & Knuckles next, and let them decide what other endeavors they wish to pursue with the Retro Engine.

They deserve it.

4. doc eggfan

doc eggfan

Are you pondering what I'm pondering? Wiki Sysop
    ACT
    GreatMegaLD, GreatSC3k, Great SG1k
    You guys do realise "Friend to Pixels and Polys alike" has broad sweeping implications, right?

5. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    inb4 they remake Sonic Jam.

You know, Polys.

6. Effexor

Effexor

JUSTICE Member
    3D remake of Vectorman when?

7. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Mega Drive era Phantasy Star games running on the PSO engine when? :specialed:

But really, I would love that so hard./

8. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    Really? Seems like it'd be weird for a single player adventure.

9. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Now that I think of it SEGA would certainly love if he remade 'Sega Sonic The Hedgehog'.

10. You could probably simulate the trackball controls pretty well on mobile devices. I'd love to see this become a reality but I'm not holding my breath.

11. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    I just see no way that could sell outside of Retro / SSMB members, and even then only a limited part of those member bases could/would buy the game. Bundle it in with some other games a la Gems Collection maybe, but even then that's a little out there in my book.

I'd love it though.

12. JaredAFX

JaredAFX

You telling me a shrimp fried this rice? Member
    Florida
    Downloading megahertz
    ^ This. I wouldn't love it intensely or anything like that, but I'd probably thoroughly enjoy it. ...But no one else would. That's a reeeeealy limited selection of people you're talking about, maybe 1,000 or so if you're lucky. That's definitely a bundle game.

13. Bartman3010

Bartman3010

Site Staff
    I'd be surprised if Sega Sonic the Hedgehog doesn't get touched up by M2. You can have a touch screen trackball and crazy 3D effects.

14. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    The thing is, it's attractive because it's unknown to most of the people. Having a 'new' Sonic game that looks nice (it hella does) on mobile and possibly other platforms (as it was never ported to anything) will make it more profitable than Sonic 1 and 2 (possibly as profitable as CD).

15. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Yeah... regardless of the lack of mainstream appeal, I can see this happening as soon as they manage to make Streets of Rage 2 work (isometric view with vertical scrolling).

A virtual trackball sounds precisely like one of those "arcade simulations" they enjoy doing.

16. RetroKoH

RetroKoH

Project Sonic 8x16
    I'm leaning towards the idea of remaking Sega Sonic the Hedgehog... it could definitely sell if done by the right guys... ie Tax/Stealth or M2

It'd have to be a little more than a standard remake of the original though... and I'm not talking JUST the graphics... Now, I've never played the game... so I hope someone who has played can fill me in, but I gotta ask... can it sustain itself? By that I mean... if you took it as is, and put it on today's systems, is it a full length game that people would invest a good deal of money into, or would it be seen more as a mini game, along the likes of Ratchet and Clank Future: Quest for Booty?

If the question is the latter... then maybe taking the game concept itself, with the control scheme, characters, and level concepts... and making an entirely new version of the game, one that's expanded upon... is in order.

Eiher way, I hope to be able to play such a game in the not too distant future.

Yes... like Mighty as DLC in the previous games... :D I'd fucking pay for that.

17. big smile

big smile

Oldbie
    Sadly, not. SSA has beautiful animations and gorgeous graphics, to the extent that it almost feels like watching a cartoon.
    Unfortunately, the gameplay is non existent. The main problem is the level design. Unlike regular Sonic games, there are no alternative pathways or routes. Worse still, most levels auto scroll forwards, which results in a very limited experience.
    The game does have a couple of interesting set pieces, but they aren't enough to be anything more than quick distractions. Most of the classic elements that made previous Sonic games fun are missing (even the Rings function differently, as they are now hidden in crates and only serve to replenish Sonic's energy bar).

It's fun as a quick arcade style blast, so it might work as a mobile game. However, within 20 minutes you'll have seen everything the game has to offer.

To be honest, the game doesn't even have a concept (other than being an auto scrolling obstacle course), so there isn't anything to develop or expand on. As much as I'd love to see a port, Taxman and Stealth would be better of making a new title.

18. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Okay derailing this SSTH talk for a second.

SSMB is talking about their being S2 beta enemies in the debug. you guys mind taking a few screenshots of them?

19. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

There's nothing really you haven't seen before. EHZ beta Buzzers, SCZ Balkiry in launching position and the only new thing is the Green Grounder in ARZ as a neat little cameo. There's a few other items, like the chequered balls in OOZ (aside from being smaller they're functionally the same as the ones in GHZ), the burning logs and a few other things. I'll take some pics when I can.

20. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Actually, I think SegaSonic is about the only 16-bit era game they could remake for mobiles and the control system wouldn't feel hamfisted. Instead of the trackball, you just slide across the screen. This isn't that terrible an idea.