don't click here

Sega Pico/Beena Thread.

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by Kiddo Cabbusses, May 9, 2010.

1. Scarred Sun

Scarred Sun

Be who you needed when you were younger Administrator
    Tower 8 ️
    Welp, this.
    Requesting any scans from Team Europe's Pico project. I know there's tons and they don't appear to have been collected anywhere. Don't care about ROMs.

2. Meat Miracle

Meat Miracle

Researcher
    I haven't manually sorted out all the archives for scans/roms and such, but I should have plenty if not all of the archives released; point me to an FTP and I'll gladly upload them, just give me holler once you've done sorting about anything I'm missing.

3. SeanieB

SeanieB

Chief Server Monkey Administrator
    San Diego, CA
    Fixing Sonic Retro
    I PM'd some FTP details for the server to Meat Miracle.

4. Meat Miracle

Meat Miracle

Researcher
    Uploaded my stash to both of you.
    If you find anything missing / out of order in them, PLEASE tell me.

Also note that it's just the folder I save the Team Europe pico dumps into; they are in no way organized (didn't have the time for that yet).

5. Scarred Sun

Scarred Sun

Tower 8 ️
    Welp, this.
    Thanks, Team Europe, for sending your entire set of work over! It's going to take weeks to get through it all, but hey. :)

6. Meat Miracle

Meat Miracle

Researcher
    Is there anything in his working set that wasn't in the stuff I sent over?

7. Scarred Sun

Scarred Sun

Tower 8 ️
    Welp, this.
    Absolutely. PM me for download details.

8. Meat Miracle

Meat Miracle

Researcher
    pm sent

9. Time for another round of "shit I should've posted a month ago!"

First off, Sawatte Pico items were ROM dumped! There is no emulator for these, howerever.

And now, more normal Pico ROMs.

10. Scarred Sun

Scarred Sun

Tower 8 ️
    Welp, this.
    Just wondering aloud here: I'm probably going to get to the point where I'll be uploading Pico booklets in the next couple of weeks, but I really dislike the way the PicoDrive takes booklet input and would prefer to store these as a PDF (easier to see in web views) but I don't know if something like that could be supported in an emulator.

Hell, I don't know if anyone will bother to finish doing Pico emulation right, period.

11. I understand all these concerns and I think it'd be a good idea to ask Team-Europe if they can do alternate storybook scans in PDF as opposed to Picodrive-compliant. Those small JPEGs kinda annoy me, to be blunt.

12. Scarred Sun

Scarred Sun

Tower 8 ️
    Welp, this.
    I have their raw files in giant PNG, actually. It's just how to distribute them.

14. Space Pilot was a pretty expensive grab, and took a small crowdfund to get dumped. TeamEurope needs some more support if we expect to get all of the Japanese ROMs dumped, nevermind the elusive other-Asian ones.

16. Pirate Dragon

Pirate Dragon

17. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    From the same seller, but sadly one that was missed
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Toy-Story-2-RARE-Samsung-Pico-version-SEGA-Korean-Korea-/291164698079?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item43cac4b5df&nma=true&si=sTZlYptTlFnZmv2PStPlfsXPvUk%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

In other news, while compiling this cleaner list (p.s. all Sega consoles have received similar treatment over the last few days (please help - ignore the broken SVG thumbnails)), I noticed that the back of this US box has prototype artwork for some of the games, most notably Magic Crayons, but also Tails and the Music Maker, where Tails... plays the piano?

18. Folks here, get those guys willing to donate towards the Sonic GG protos over here! We've got substantial progress on Sega Pico dumps - it'd be unfortunate if things trickled down again after we got our first batch of Korean games!

19. Barry the Nomad

Barry the Nomad

Site Staff
    Chicago
    SEGAbits
    I've been browsing this thread on and off for the past few months as I've been collecting Pico. So far I've collected all US releases aside from: Adventures in Letter Land with Jack & Jill, Berenstain Bears' A School Day, Magic School Bus: Going Places, Pepe's Puzzles, Sesame Street Alphabet Avenue, and Smart Alex and Smart Alice Curious Kids. Though of those, I know that I can easily get five for super cheap from a few sites I buy from.

I've also picked up a complete Fishing Pico - Donald no Adventure, with the rod and box which I streamed not so long ago here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_GibTHL6rs

I've also picked up a complete Japanese Sonic Gameworld, which looking at the Retro wiki entry I noticed my storyware is yellow compared to the green one shown in the photo. Also, looks like Retro does not have a scan of the full cover insert - only the front.

Is there anything from this that could help the wiki in anyway?

20. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    Everything can help the wiki.

Back in 2012 I tried to make sense of Pico cartridge colours, though only for North America... and I now know there are more colours than that. The only pattern I could pick up was that the light blue ones were Majesco re-releases from the early 2000s - the rest seemed to be almost randomised.

With Japanese stuff I'm even more clueless, although the "default" colour seems to be yellow. If there are multiple colour variants they need to be documented - it might actually mean something from a Japanese point of view (maybe a revised version or a re-release).