don't click here

Sonic Lost World (Wii U, 3DS, PC) Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, May 17, 2013.

1. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Just played it, it's alright. It's more slow platforming in the style of Yoshi's Island. Sadly it works in the same way as the NiGHTS DLC. It won't keep track of your score, no time attack and you need to get 100,000 points (which you can get just by playing a different stage) before it appears again after playing it.

A couple of screens I took:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Can't complain too much though, considering that it's free.

2. Dario FF

Dario FF

Tech Support Hotline Tech Member
    The size of this patch seems waaaay too small for the amount of new assets/terrain geometry/GI/Music/enemies/sounds. (30 MB) Has there been many patches before that could've probably fit in the DLC as preparation? If not I'm starting to think this thing was just on the disc or they've got some great compression for the patches (and the stuff inside already compressed normally...).

Not like Sega's opposed to doing on-disc DLC since Sonic '06. :v: I'm guessing the stuff was in there and they just weren't finished with the layout/some assets yet, kinda like how they pre-planned the Unleashed DLC and just patched in the missing files later when they were finished.

3. FuzzballFox

FuzzballFox

Hmmmmm Member
    UK - Hampshire
    Nothing anymore
    At least it's free DLC

4. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    The DLC isn't in the update, you need to download it from the eShop. Don't remember how big it was, but I think it was somewhere around 200 MB.

5. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    What the fuck did I just play. Some, unholy combination of crossovers.

So is a Mario/Sonic crossover going to happen now?

6. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    So Lost World had a bigger Nintendo influence than we could have imagined :V

7. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    At least now it makes sense. Before I thought it was Sonic Team lost direction. Now it's that they clearly made this a Mario game 100%. No denying it now.

8. Blivsey

Blivsey

Charismatic Sonicaholic Member
    Man... much like Yoshi's Island, the level's incredibly short if you don't go for the collectibles. I wouldn't mind seeing other franchises as DLC for this game. Imagine a Metroid level...

9. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Just to kinda re-confirm that the next DLC will be Zelda-themed (as if "LINK to the eShop" wasn't enough).

[​IMG]

Spot the TriForce.

10. Conando

Conando

Is not, in fact, Raphael Member
    Lynn, MA
    MarioMedia.net FTP
    Played it myself just now. It's pretty fun, I say. I'd say it's much better than Nightmare Zone. Pretty good freebie.

11. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    Considering the nature of Zelda compared to Yoshi's Island, I hope the Zelda DLC is a mostly 3D stage. Maybe some speed could actually happen. Well, as good as Lost World level designers appear to allow.

12. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Calling it now: the Zelda zone will be a top down 2.5D stage.

13. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    That'd be just dreadful for Sonic.

14. Linkabel

Linkabel

While this might be true, the DLC is also a nice little nod to Oshima Naoto being the producer for Yoshi Island DS.

15. Conando

Conando

Is not, in fact, Raphael Member
    Lynn, MA
    MarioMedia.net FTP
    I kind of figured it had a lot to do with that.

16. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

But Lost World is a Mario game.

17. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Let's just call this game Sega Land.

18. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Fixed.

19. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Played the Yoshi stage (updated my SLW to 3.0 and got past fucking Emo Forest 4 at the same time. Sky Road 1 was a MUCH nicer level). Entirely 2D, it's fairly obviously promo for Yoshi Yarn (at least to me. The background screams Kirby's Epic Yarn, which is in the same vein of style). Even so, it's fun to play. Sonic going down (blue!) warp pipes and collecting Yoshi coins is just so wrong, yet hilarious at the same time =P

20. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    [​IMG]

You get 47 lives maximum from this DLC per run. The life cap is 99.

I don't want to hear any more complaining about lives in this game ever again from any one.

(In before TOO MANY LIVES)