don't click here

Sonic 1 and 2 getting the Sonic CD treatment by Taxman and Stealth

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Mar 27, 2013.

1. corneliab

corneliab

It's hilarious how Sega lets you go to town with Hidden Palace of all things but gets uncomfortable when you try to mess with... boss colors.

Glad that iOS update came out so quickly. All the Android fixings are there.

EDIT: Weird little bug here: I just played Hidden Palace in Time Attack and got my time erroneously counted on the leaderboards for Mystic Cave 2 instead.

2. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Sonic Paradise Researcher
    Spain
    Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
    Wow, its a shame that SEGA didn't let you put it in the game when it was so close to being complete. Looks a much better idea for a boss rush that just replaying the bosses and that is all :( Maybe if we tell SEGA they would consider you to patch the game and finish it..?

Is there any way we can see it? Like, any video or something like that, which can be posted here or something, to show how it was going to be...

3. So it was basically going to be Final Zone from Sonic Advance?

4. God, Sonic Team is so stupid sometimes. You two are good people to comply with them, but sometimes I feel like they understand understand the amazing resource you two are at maintaining reverence for the fanbase that loves these classics.

5. corneliab

corneliab

Alright, fuck boss attack. I somehow got crushed at Wing Fortress. I'm done!

6. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    It's just as well IMO. I play boss attack for the bosses, after all ;)

7. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
    Happened to me too in the regular game mode, apparently there is collision detection between the platform and the laser/thing that spits the platforms out.

8. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    So the Sonic 2 iOS release restores a scrapped zone, but then adds a new scrapped zone to Sonic 2s list? :v:

9. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Haha was just thinking this!

Years from now, some enterprising members of Future Retro are going to be hired by SEGA to re-release Sonic 2 for iOS 15 using the proprietary Modern Engine, and then, the Boss Attack mode will be restored!

10. Sappharad

Sappharad

Oldbie
    My comment on the previous page about "Zone12" being Egg Gauntlet appears to be incorrect. Zone12 is Death Egg. (I made this mistake because StageName12 in the string table is Egg Gauntlet) The files for Egg Gauntlet are in the Data/Stages/ZoneM/ folder. It uses some of the art from Sonic Crackers. The ZoneM string is actually referenced in the bytecode in GlobalCode.bin, which is interesting.
    The music for the stage is called MarathonBase.ogg, which does not appear to be present in the game files.
    But I'll probably refrain from posting anymore about it here, since it would be more appropriate to discuss in the hacking forum.

11. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Half way there with the Emeralds...
    [​IMG]

I got insanely lucky on the last one with S&T. I had plenty more rings than I needed to reach the Emerald, but on the last stretch of bombs Tails got hit three times, losing me thirty rings. I just managed to grab enough rings to pass with 210 rings exactly. But fuck yeah :D

Oh, I found a new path underneath Hill Top 1. It's designed for Knuckles, though Tails can also access it, and Sonic by proxy if Tails is following (though I don't recommend it!). It's right by the start of the stage, and hidden underneath and to the right of the end of the first hanging basket. You have to chance death to reach it.

EDIT: Actually, unless there's something we've yet to discover, I'm quite surprised that there's no S2K mode complete with green titles cards, grey shields, easier special stages and ring retention. And just like with S1-13, there's a bunch of beta objects restored in the debug. There's a lot of fun to be had with some of them.

12. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    Hey guys, you know what this thread does not need more of?

Port begging.

What's that? You want these games on consoles/handhelds/Steam/Raspberry Pi/TI-89? Guess what? Stealth and Taxman already know! They've heard it fifty billion times now, as has everyone else. You don't have to say it again! Especially in every single post you make in the thread!

13. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Well they did say before to boost what you want for this game. I admit it can get annoying, but what do expect flashing gems like this out of reach of so many gamers.

By the way have any easter eggs from early development been restored for this one (eg. Eggman's CPZ boss animation).

14. minichapman

minichapman

I'd like to think I'll be imparting words of wisdo Member
    United Kingdom
    Staying sane.
    Is there a list or page(s) showcasing the new paths in Sonic 1 & 2? I can't remember all of them for both.

15. Stealth

Stealth

Tech Member
    Sonic Mania, HCGE, Sonic Megamix, SonED2, [...]
    Strictly as a matter of fact, I don't recall that. Could you direct me to where it happened? :P

Well, as has been said several times over, Taxman and I have no control over what gets released where, so anyone trying to get our attention about it is barking up the wrong tree. If you really think all of this clamor is necessary, then it should be organized and directed toward the people who are actually in a position to do something about it. It's not that we don't sympathize, but it's rather draining being the target of criticism over something that's beyond our control

16. corneliab

corneliab

I'm not buying an extra hundred copies until it's ported to the Vectrex.

[​IMG]

17. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

I do specifically remember after the game was announced something along the lines of 'tell SEGA what you want'.

I am sorry if I have targeted you unfairly for this, and should probably voice my opinions somewhere it is more likely SEGA and others in control will hear about it. Half the time it isn't direct complaining and more light hearted banter of how awesome it would be to get our hands on it. I will keep quiet about from now on and my apologies if I made it sound like a personal insult.

18. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    To be honest, I'm wouldn't be surprised if most people at SEGA understand the desire for console ports except the ones who actually have the power to make it happen.

God dammit, I chuckled.

19. My apologies if this has already been covered. I've just bought s2 for my galaxy s3 and like both s1 and scd the game play is slow. Walking on the moon slow.

Just wondering if anyone here has experienced the same problem and if there's a solution for it. I've searched for a solution elsewhere but all I find is the force stop of the app solution, which doesn't seem to work. :|

EDIT: Just noticed that I've posted in the wrong thread. ><

20. big smile

big smile

Oldbie
    One good general way to improve performance on an Android phone is to install Greenify.
    The App will set your phone up, so only one App can run at a time, which I've found greatly boosts performance. It does, however, require your phone to be rooted.