don't click here

Sonic 1 and 2 getting the Sonic CD treatment by Taxman and Stealth

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Mar 27, 2013.

1. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Oh, I think I've gotten what's happening. I think you've admitted to making the 2P mode function on every level (and why not, we're not so fixed by resolution or color limits as we would be in a mostly-emulated setup like M2 has). So, if EHZ, CNZ, and MCZ are the only ones getting new music in that mode, it'd really stand out. So maybe we'll keep using their 1P music in 2P. Why not, they're good tunes, and CNZ and MCZ's main music definitely fits their environments better than anything else in the soundtrack.

But then, we do seem to have 3 songs that are also quite nice but got unused. And sound #10 isn't good level music, sorry -- it's repetitive and screechy (and so would have been a great fit for Sonic 4 episode 2 almost as-is [​IMG]). So, what's this level going to get as BGM? Probably the music for MCZ 2P then; makes sense, it being the appropriate music in the beta we have where the level is actually (albeit barely) constructed. It's a good fit, and I like it more with a blue level than a purple one, since it's a more laid-back and calm tune.

Will the other 2 songs get a use? Maybe we'll also get Wood Zone art that tiles well together. Ideally we give IT ECZ's 1P music, which I feel is much more fit for a dramatically precarious situation near the clear skies where we see the death egg rise before we go on to Sky Chase. [​IMG] [No I do not expect this scene to be a feature in this version of the game. Wood Zone art that actually tiles? As if]

2. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    Fuck all y'all who don't like sound test #10 for Hidden Palace's theme.

:'(

3. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Man even those demo recordings hint at it not being a level theme ;)

4. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG

Oldbie
    I knew it. My faith in you two was not in vain.

Anything less than the reinserting of Hidden Palace would've been a blatant disappointment. Seriously. I actually would've been downright peeved if you two blew the chance to do this, no matter what Sega said on Sonic CD. Naturally, I'm glad to say I now won't be disappointed. ;)

Here's hoping I can get bluestacks working again in the next 24 hours.

Also... if you look in the comments of that link...

http://toucharcade.com/2013/12/11/sonic-the-hedgehog-2-remastered-hitting-this-week-features-long-lost-hidden-palace-zone/#comment-1159403174

COULD THAT BE CRAIG STITT!?

5. Xeeynamo

Xeeynamo

London
    No luck for Windows Phone users?

6. Conando

Conando

Is not, in fact, Raphael Member
    Lynn, MA
    MarioMedia.net FTP
    I'm going to assume this will run well on BlueStacks, the first one did. I've got a phone, but touch screen controls are just unbearable.

7. RetroKoH

RetroKoH

Project Sonic 8x16
    So I wanna download the iOS app. Apparantly I need a card to use PayPal to buy my fuckin app... What's the point of a PayPal, then? I could just use the CARD option next to the separate PayPal option. Fuck you Apple.

Guess I must wait for the ol' lady to come home.

8. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    IT'S OUT. GO GO GO.

9. AeonicB

AeonicB

Oldbie
    Freelance
    Not yet for Android.

Curse you Apple and your obsolescence of old hardware.:argh:/>

Says the person with a 2nd gen iPod Touch. =P I still have a 3rd and 5th gen iPod around here somewhere...

10. RetroKoH

RetroKoH

Project Sonic 8x16
    Payment methods... I'm missing out... :'(

11. corneliab

corneliab

oh fuck I shouldn't have come back to this thread, I have stuff to do!

EDIT: oh sweet jesus these special stages

12. AeonicB

AeonicB

Oldbie
    Freelance
    At least we can be late to the party, together =P

13. Nova

Nova

ANDROID FUCKING WHENNNNNNNNN

HIDDEN PALACE YESSS

14. Well now I'll stay up and wait for Retro to give us juicy details. I'm waiting for the Android release.

15. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG

Oldbie
    Still nothing on android...

On the plus side, the newest version of Bluestacks works beautifully once I got it installed and was patient with it. Sonic 1 and CD again runs like a dream.

Now I'm just waiting. Get this on the play store already! I've WAITED 15 F***ING YEARS FOR THIS SHIT!

16. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Guess_Who LOVES the Hidden Palace Zone music.

17. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    This is absolutely true.

Unfortunately Google Play is declining my card for some reason yet I know it works. Off to buy a gift card, at least that'd work.

18. Omg! Scandalous!

19. RetroKoH

RetroKoH

Project Sonic 8x16
    This might come across as sketchy... but I'm gonna at least give it a try and ask...

Can someone gift this to me and I reimburse them via PayPal? Again I'd buy it myself, but when I try to pay via PayPal it needs another card, which I don't possess...

20. Stealth

Stealth

Tech Member
    Sonic Mania, HCGE, Sonic Megamix, SonED2, [...]
    Alright, so, here's a thing

Version 3.0.0, out now on iOS, actually has a few noticeable bugs that managed to slip through the cracks during the final push. We caught and were able to fix them before release, but not before approval. Due to the way the updates process works, the fix had to go into queue instead of directly supplanting the original submission, and should be along shortly. As for the Android version, the first release should already contain these fixes

This doesn't stop progression or anything, but I figure you guys might want to know ahead of time that you might notice a few issues on the initial iOS update rather than leaving it as a surprise. To the best of my recollection, these include:
    - Access to the HTZ boss is blocked, though the level can be completed
    - One of the achievements will not unlock
    Hidden Palace:
    - Hidden Palace will not be added to Time Attack when it's completed
    Other:
    - There are some inconsistencies in reported stats for 2P vs mode

Sorry about all that.. Still, hope you all have fun with this!