don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog (2020) movie

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Mecha Sally

Mecha Sally

Oldbie
    I was actually kind of excited until I read this. Now, not so much. Still, it'll be interesting to see what comes of this.

2. If anything does come out of this domain securing, let's all hope the movie doesn't go horribly wrong like most video game movies I've heard of. Who knows, right?

It would be nice if they were to stay true to the games. That would certainly help its appeal.

3. Ell678

Ell678

Am I Annoying You? Member
    Barrow, England
    Sonic Incursion
    In b4 it's another CGI character lost in the real world. Has to overcome our Earthly problems, like jobs and mortgages. It ends with him becoming CEO of Sega.

4. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I'd see that movie.

5. Lyrica

Lyrica

(Formerly: Donnyku) Oldbie
    Pennsylvania
    Wedding Planning
    Sounds like it could work as a homage to SegaGaga at that, which would be neat.

Is there any possibility this could be used to launch Sonic Boom? Theater Movie, then comes out on DVD/Bluray just before the series starts and have them tie together?

6. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Make it liveaction and Segata Sanshiro and I'm onboard. =P

7. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    Project AXSX(Sonic Xtreme) + Misc Projects
    Hope they make it just as shitty as the Mario movie!

8. Arique

Arique

SHUWATCH! Member
    Hope you enjoy hearing Katy Perry voicing Amy. :v:

9. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    In 1998, a lone warrior saved a company from being destroyed by a ballistic missile. He rode with the missile out into space, and was presumed dead when the missile exploded harmlessly in the outer atmosphere.

But the man did not die... The explosion of the missile in the atmosphere opened up a wormhole. The man was teleported to another world, one much like his own. Except, in this world, his sacrifice was meaningless. The company he had risked his life to save still fell under hard times, and was but a shell of its former glory. The man, with tears in his eyes, came to one conclusion.

This cannot stand.
    This will not stand.
    He will restore his company's dignity the only way he knows how: beating the everloving snot out of anyone who dares not believe in them.

Coming to theaters, this summer... Segata Sanshiro.

"??????????"

10. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Probably would like it better than her current voice actor.

11. SomeSortOfRobot

SomeSortOfRobot

Mid-Southern US
    http://legendoflucy.com
    You guys can speculate all you want, but I'm not believing anything until I see a trailer.

12. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

DON'T TRUST THIS MAN Member
    To be honest. I don't even think it'll even go as far as getting a trailer. Maybe I'm just being sceptical though. I can never tell whether Sonic's hot or not these days.

Still, there's no harm in wishfully thinking about what we'd like to see/not see in a theoretical Sonic movie though.

13. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Hot or not, I mean they made a Smurfs movie. They were last relevant before Sonic even existed.

14. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    I don't really know how marketing films works. Is it usual for a major studio to buy the movie rights of a popular IP and register a domain name for a project that hasn't been green-lit... Or at the very least not in some state of development?

I honestly don't think they would register unless there are, at some level or another, gears turning.

15. When was the last time a movie based off a video game was any good?

16. PsychoSk8r

PsychoSk8r

PsychedelAnt | Tone Turner Oldbie
    Birmingham, UK
    30 Day Project: Revisited.A New Release!
    Most people here are wondering who's making it, if it'll be any good etc.
    I'm personally wondering more about the plot. Classic Sonic, or Modern Sonic? Death Egg Saga? Something completely new? At this point in time, the possibilities are endless (no pun intended :v: ).

17. Jayextee

Jayextee

Unpopular Opinions™ Member
    Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.
    Mortal Kombat and Prince of Persia.

The former, so-bad-it-was-good kinda good. The latter, a surprisingly faithful-yet-fresh adaptation whose sole glaring fault was the whitewashing of the cast. Are we counting anime? Because the original Street Fighter II OVA was so spectacularly animated all around, even if the plot was lacking -- a side-effect of the adaptation.

18. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Modern without a doubt. Sega does not like using Classic Sonic outside of marketing.

19. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Does it count if the movie is based on video games in general? If so:
    [​IMG]

Otherwise, I don't know. :v:

20. Captain L

Captain L

The guy who likes Shadow the Hedgehog Member
    Waiting for the coming of the Great White Hankerchief
    [​IMG]

And that was also a collaboration between the original company and Sony Pictures.