don't click here

Sonic 1 and 2 getting the Sonic CD treatment by Taxman and Stealth

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I mean we know it's going to be out soon, just not sure when. But overall yes I agree with you (actually I'd say the slightly in the know people are more annoying.)

2. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    It's not even that. It's the fact that this was originally supposed to be out sometime last week before the delay. Then Tax himself has said it's coming pretty soon, so the logical conclusion is that it'll just be a couple more weeks or so.

3. JaredAFX

JaredAFX

You telling me a shrimp fried this rice? Member
    Florida
    Downloading megahertz
    I, personally, can curb my hunger for the game just by pulling out my Genesis or my Wii and playing Sonic 2. Of course, most of you want this more than I do, and to that I can't help much; all I can say is be patient. Play some ROM hacks! My life motto (which mostly applies for getting through class): do something to get your eyes off the clock.

4. Arique

Arique

SHUWATCH! Member
  5. I voted for Sonic, since it has to atleast beat Fifa 14 of all things.

6. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
  7. RetroKoH

RetroKoH

Project Sonic 8x16
    If we lose to Bejeweled fuckin Blitz... I'll be pissed. That game's been around for a long while now... a few years. Maybe not as an app, but for a long time on Facebook. And consider whether or not people would pay for it...

Besides... plenty of games pulled off that gameplay better than Blitz. Bear in mind I'm speaking as an owner and fan of both apps... but Sonic 1 deserves the nod. (maybe I'm just heavily biased)

8. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Tied with Final Fantasy V at the moment, for 12%. Hate to say it but I think Bejeweled has it in the bag.

9. doc eggfan

doc eggfan

Are you pondering what I'm pondering? Wiki Sysop
    ACT
    GreatMegaLD, GreatSC3k, Great SG1k
    Only 1% for Raiden Legacy - that makes me cry.

Still voted for Sonic though.

10. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Sonic is up to 14%, and tied for second.... but Bejeweled is still massively in front in the low 30s.

11. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Surprised no one's dumped this on Sega's forums and sent them into a frothing rampage.

Unless someone has.

12. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG

Oldbie
    So when they said this is being delayed, is this seriously a "til further notice" situation? No sign we'll even get it this year? That seems very annoying.

13. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    This whole thing is getting kind of annoying. Like, a concrete date would be lovely. I have this "whenever we feel like it" thing that they do for mobile releases. It's one thing for a fan project or a hack but it rubs me the wrong way in this case.

14. Sappharad

Sappharad

Oldbie
    The delay was never officially announced. When I speculated a few days before the end of November that there was no chance it was coming out in November, Taxman replied mentioning that the date got shuffled but nothing more than that since he isn't allowed to talk about it. That wasn't anything we couldn't have figured out on our own.

I think a member of the gaming press needs to reach out and request official comment on why they missed the date announced in the press release back in October. That's the only way we're going to get any new details since it's up to Sega's PR department to announce that kind of thing.

15. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    As long as you're aware that that Taxman and Stealth aren't to blame.

16. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Of course. They've probably been done for a while now. Now it's just some nonsense on Sega, Apple, or Google's side of the equation

17. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    [​IMG]

...that's all I got. :v:/>

18. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG

Oldbie
    Right, I don't blame Tax and Stealth at all. Rather, I blame the utterly weird system we have for verification and digital releases right now, with the ball mostly being in Sega/Apple/Android/whoever's court, compared to the more traditional release system. I would much rather have a set date to anticipate than be forced to check this thread daily for a hint of an app update, which I have pretty much been doing for 3 months now. It's annoying.

19. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
  20. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Has anyone notified the SEGA forums yet?

And last I saw it was at 14%, what happened?