don't click here

SEGA 3D Classics Coming to 3DS

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by RGamer2009, Jul 18, 2013.

1. NoNameAtAll

NoNameAtAll

MY HAT'S ON FIRE. HALP! Moderator
    Well my fellow 'murikans, the time has come. The first two 3D Classics are out now.

Me? I'm rocking out to the Space Harrier theme, thinking of Retro and our lord and savior Cinossu. :specialed:

Meanwhile, I patiently await December 19th. dat Shinobi III.

2. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Space Harrier is definitely out, and has joystick (arcade-style), d-pad (most home ports' style), and touchscreen controls. Super Hang-On doesn't yet seem to be out, oddly.

3. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    The Super Hang-On 3D interview is up. If you didn't catch the one for Space Harrier 3D posted in the topic in GSD, you missed out on a great read. I haven't read this one yet but I'm sure it's just as interesting.

http://blogs.sega.com/2013/11/27/sega-3d-classics-%E2%80%93-3d-super-hang-on-interview-with-developer-m2/

EDIT: Looks like we'll be getting even more 3D Classics!

http://segabits.com/blog/2013/11/30/more-3d-sega-classics-in-production-for-3ds/

I've got my fingers crossed for OutRun 3D.

4. Sploit

Sploit

Got both of them on Friday. Can't wait for the next two this coming Thursday :v:

I think the 3D effect in Super Hang-On is more prominent, but both games play great :)

5. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    I actually sent M2 a Google Translated e-mail and got a translated response from Naoki Horii.

This is the bee's knees, wasn't even remotely expecting a response.

6. AnimatedAF

AnimatedAF

I know it's probably unlikely as it was later hardware that they may not have figured out yet, but I would love to finally see a perfect arcade port of Outrunners. They would have to do a load of re-coding for sure: having the opponent racer on the bottom screen would be a neat touch.

Failing that Outrun would be great, even if it was using the re-drawn car from the Yu Suzuki Game Works version. Power Drift would be cool if they can pull it off without being an eye sore.

Basically just port all the super scaler games over. Playing Space Harrier on my newly acquired 3DS XL makes it feel like it was made for these games. Gonna grab hang on soon too, and Galaxy Force II when it's out.

7. Alien Treasure

Alien Treasure

Bringing you Seven Force since 1993
    Rio Das Ostras, Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
    Exploring Ristar's code, Sonic 1-3K Advance
    I got Super Hang-On and Space Harrier recently, and I can admit the ports absolutely rock. Congratulations, M2 - you took the concept of "arcade-perfect port" to whole new levels with all those neat extra touches. It seems the 3DS is catering very much to retro gamers, as the Wii did with it's massive Virtual Console library.

THIS. EVERY SINGLE WORD OF THIS, SO MUCH! It would be very cool to see later, less known Super Scaler games get some attention. Also, this may be a picky suggestion, but I also want 3D Thunder Force IV/Lightening Force. SEGA has Technosoft's rights, as they made Thunder Force VI in 2008...

8. Sploit

Sploit

I thought the interview about them getting Sonic 1 working was amazing.

Their passion for getting things done well and maintaining the requirements, whilst enhancing it with the 3D stereoscopic effect appropriately is cool.

I read the Hang On and Space Harrier ones too :v:

9. Arique

Arique

SHUWATCH! Member
    For the interested, 3D Sonic 1 and 3D Altered Beast just dropped on the 3DS eShop. Haven't purchased Altered Beast yet, but Sonic 1 is a pretty decent port with some pretty neat 3D effects, albeit it has some weird sound oddities for some reason.

10. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    http://www.siliconera.com/2013/12/05/making-3d-classic-takes-year-sega-talks-3d-altered-beast/

New interview!

Told ya so.

11. Andlabs

Andlabs

「いっきまーす」 Wiki Sysop
    Writing my own MD/Genesis sound driver :D
    Except M2 has experience with the original hardware: Fantasy Zone II DX anyone? I thought these were all just modified emulators, anyway...

Granted they have far more experience with the Mega Drive hardware so eh (also it's Altered Beast; personally not much of a loss there :/ ) I do find it funny you can choose regional variants though =P

12. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Besides Power Drift, which would be perfect for the screen tilt effect they implemented in Super Hang-On, it would be awesome if they added scaling to the Giga Drive, and made a proper version of Space Harrier II.

13. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    They said they have been refining the GigaDrive each game they make, maybe they will do it if they remake a game that would benefit from it!

14. FuzzballFox

FuzzballFox

Hmmmmm Member
    UK - Hampshire
    Nothing anymore
    Port of Rocket Knight Adventures anyone? I would approve of that~

15. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Also, 3D Gunstar Heroes + Gunstar Super Heroes pretty please. =P

16. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    I'm holding out more for Alien Soldier like the TinyCartridge guys are.

17. Alien Treasure

Alien Treasure

Bringing you Seven Force since 1993
    Rio Das Ostras, Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
    Exploring Ristar's code, Sonic 1-3K Advance
    I think Treasure's games depend more on the company itself and not SEGA. But anyways, I would prefer a 20th-anniversary celebration game that crosses over all of Treasure's previous games into a massive adventure that solves the cliffhanger in Gunstar Super Heroes' true (Hard Mode) ending...

18. Machenstein

Machenstein

I just realized that Rocket Knight Adventures has never been ported to another console. Ever.

19. FuzzballFox

FuzzballFox

Hmmmmm Member
    UK - Hampshire
    Nothing anymore
    Yup- that and the Japanese version has it's differences too~
    Sparkster was on the SNES too but never the first game- many forget that Sparkster is the sequel not the main game! D:

20. Machenstein

Machenstein

Sparkster for the Genesis was a completely different game though. It even had "Rocket Knight Adventures 2" as its subtitle. I liked it as its own game, but not as the sequel to Rocket Knight Adventures.