don't click here

Sonic 1 and 2 getting the Sonic CD treatment by Taxman and Stealth

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Tiller

Tiller

HDK & World Runner
    I have a DNA, and apparently it is incompatible but I'm running Sonic CD and the trial of the Sonic 4 Episodes just fine...and google play says its fine.

2. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    That reminds me, I actually wasn't able to buy Sonic 1 for my Android phone so I had to use Bluestacks so the store would see a compatible device (even though the phone runs it flawlessly).

From what I've seen, the curved screen is way too exagerated to be functional, and the sound emulation doesn't get the end of level sign right (but I might have just seen pre-release pics/footage, I don't know).

3. Bartman3010

Bartman3010

Site Staff
    That reminds me, that SEGA Vintage Collection jingle that was made at M2 was used for the mobile versions of Sonic 1. How did that come about?

4. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Typical that I'm away from home and don't have access to my Amazon details to install S1 while its free, but fuck it anyway if they need to auth it everyday. =P

5. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    I left M2 out because I don't have experence with their work, me not having a 3DS and all. I'm sure they are good, but not connected like how TaxStealth / StealthTax (<- wish somebody would make up their minds on this.) are. and allot of their extras are just old TV effects, cool for nastalga but not much else.

M2 is cool though, hopefully M2 and TaxStealth / StealthTax can co-exist and not be a case of "one or the other".

6. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    You need to read more.

Also they've added perspective angles on every Space Harrier sprite:

Original (body spikes aligned)
    [​IMG]

Remastered (body spikes in perspective)
    [​IMG]

It's done in real time so the angle changes depending on how far from the left or right borders they are. Even if it's a quick effect, it's not just for nostalgia.

7. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    They've done a lot more than 3DS ports. Chances are you've played some of their work.

http://segaretro.org/M2?rdfrom=http%3A%2F%2Finfo.sonicretro.org%2Findex.php%3Ftitle%3DM2%26redirect%3Dno

8. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    "Incompatible with your device."

I guess Android 2.3 got shoved off the list of supported versions. I guess I'll try yoho-ing it.

9. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Sorry, wasn't paying attention to the space harrier talk, I was meaning just strictly sonic. but thats cool they are adding effects that are not just screen filtering.

10. Sappharad

Sappharad

Oldbie
    I don't think the android version is the problem, I couldn't get it to appear as compatible for a device running Jelly Bean 4.2 nor with Bluestacks either. Something is wrong on Amazon's end. (Not that it matters as much for me, since I own the iOS version)
    I think it's locked to specific devices for some reason.

11. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    Belay that yoho-ing, then. I guess the deal is limited to Kindles?

12. Yeah, they've got something weird going on. On Google Play, it's coming up as compatible for my ICS phone and my old Android 2.3 phone. I've played the game in BlueStacks, so I KNOW that works. Amazon is saying that it's not compatible with all three of the above plus my ICS tablet.

From the product page:
    This is either them being dicks and making the Amazon Appstore version a Kindle exclusive (if that's the case, special props go to them for not adding "(Kindle Tablet Edition)" to the title), or their optimizations legitimately broke something and they could only guarantee that it will run on Kindle Fire HDs and newer.

Regardless, I still bought the game when it came out on Google Play and picked it up when it was free from Amazon. It would just be nice to be able to run it on my "manufacturer-was-too-cheap-for-Google-Play" tablet.

13. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    Huh, something's up (this is all the same tablet):

[​IMG]

14. Yash

Yash

CHOCOLATE! Member
    Given that we are now in a new console generation (Wii U, PS4, Xbox One) I would definitely hope any future versions of the games be based on your guys' work. It's pretty flipping fantastic.

15. RetroKoH

RetroKoH

Project Sonic 8x16
    Not happy... I got an Amazon account JUST to get this app for my Samsung Android (although I already own it for iOS)... can't play it... can't even download it to play on BlueStacks or something... although Amazon says I own it... fuckers.
    BTW I apologize if this was addressed and I missed it... but I'm gonna insert my bitching about Sonic 2 iOS' absence.

16. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    According to Taxman, "dates were shuffled." Idk to what extent but ya.

Oh how I hate the ambiguity of mobile release dates.

17. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    It's not terribly far away.

18. NoNameAtAll

NoNameAtAll

MY HAT'S ON FIRE. HALP! Moderator
    But folks want it nooooooooow~ :specialed:

But seriously, it'll come folks. And when it does, I'm sure it'll be awesome.

19. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    You know, the slightly-in-the-know folks are about as annoying as the when-is-it-gonna-be-out???? folks. Just saying.

20. NoNameAtAll

NoNameAtAll

MY HAT'S ON FIRE. HALP! Moderator
    FWIW, I have no knowledge of the release date. I'm just very, very patient.