don't click here

Sonic & All-Stars Racing: Transformed

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Saidian, Feb 12, 2012.

Which version will you be getting?

1. Xbox 360

61 vote(s)
    27.0%
  2. PlayStation 3

43 vote(s)
    19.0%
  3. Wii U

52 vote(s)
    23.0%
  4. Nintendo 3DS

23 vote(s)
    10.2%
  5. PlayStation Vita

12 vote(s)
    5.3%
  6. PC

116 vote(s)
    51.3%
  7. iOS

4 vote(s)
    1.8%
  8. Android

4 vote(s)
    1.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. STHX

STHX

SEGAAAAAAAAA?!? Member
    The world of Trophies
    Sonic In Mushroom Kingdom
    Man, this game got some weird dlc over time for sure.

2. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    I need to quickly become a YouTube star so I, too, can be in this game

3. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!

4. Blue Emerald

Blue Emerald

Teleportation, yeah! Member
    TBD
    I'm a dwarf and I'm driving a car
    Drivey drivey car
    Driving a car ~?

:v:/>

Anyway, why just Simon? Why not a Simon & Lewis vehicle? It'd be the new Jacky & Akira. =P

+ - And they should totally make him say "Hello! Do you like bees?" when he launches a swarm. =P  

5. Now I get why they removed the Sega part of the title.

6. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    I'll buffer the flames some here before they go too far: this isn't the big DLC S0L's been teasing. You know how Danica was mostly added in as advertising/funding for the game? Wreck-It Ralph too?

Think that, but as a PC-only addition that further offers a donation incentive for people.

Yes, it's some jobber who's a Minecraft podcaster, but as you all know about that community: they inexplicably have deep pockets.

Anyway, if this greatly offends you, I can reveal I've been working on a Retro Holiday Charity Event. Date TBA since I don't want to step all over this and there's a few things to work out still.

There will be rage and presents for childers who would otherwise not have presents. So there's that.

7. Dario FF

Dario FF

Tech Support Hotline Tech Member
    I figured as much, it lines up with what he said as well. Thanks for the explanation.

8. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    [​IMG]

9. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Is it too soon to reveal our secret partnership with Sumo and that Motobug is a character coming soon?

Because that's a thing.

10. Tanks

Tanks

Well fuck.

11. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Sonic Paradise Researcher
    Spain
    Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
    I was planning to donate to humble bundle to get the game,even if I already have it on console ( both for 360 and for 3DS), just because it's for charity and it's a good cause, but when I saw this...oh nope, ain't going to give money for that. It's my way to say to Sega " No, we don't want this sort of stupid character selection on the game, if you want me to donate to charity, do it right".

Heck, if they wanted to put a character for this so much, they could have choosen a better one. It's not even needed that it's one of the characters of the list, as they might have trouble with their copyrights and such, a real life person like this one? It could work if it had something to do with sega! Like for example, Aaron Webber himself. I would love to race as him. Or Takashi Iizuka. Or if it has to be a youtuber, what about SomeCallMeJohnny? He is a huge sega fan. But this guy? Really sega...?

I will gladly give all my cash to Retro's charity.

12. Conando

Conando

Is not, in fact, Raphael Member
    Lynn, MA
    MarioMedia.net FTP
    Who the hell is this guy anyway? :colbert:

13. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    It's part of a Yogscast charity thing. Kinda makes sense for them to have Yogscast-themed DLC for a Yogscast charity event. I highly doubt that the people at SEGA or Sumo Digital would have even come up with this if the Yogscast guys didn't come to them first.

This also probably isn't making the spots of other upcoming DLC characters go away. If anything, take this as a sign that Sumo is still working on the game.

14. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Even speaking as a Yogscast fan, this is a pretty bizarre choice of DLC. That said, Simon and Lewis have done character work for another game before (albeit an indie title).

15. RankoChan

RankoChan

I'm bored, k? Member
    Some random RPG project.
    It would've been better to add a character people wanted in order to raise money, rather than someone's self-insert. I'm sure more people would've been interested in contributing to the charity event in that case.

16. roxahris

roxahris

Everyone's a hypocrite. Take my word for it. Member
    Doing anything at all
    WHERE THE FUCK IS HATSUNE MIKU?

17. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I'm still hoping no where near this game.

But RankoChan's right, not sure how much I'm willing to pay for a random guy. Now if it was Bayonetta or a new course or something ya I'd go crazy.

18. Tiller

Tiller

HDK & World Runner
    The titlewave of butthurt can already be felt. I know Sumo keeps getting screwed into these things and they know the cast is the weakest part of their game, but goddamn is this entire saga of DLC just downright hilarious. Anyone We Could Get Racing Transformed indeed. I can't even get mad that its one of those shits from Yogscast.

At this point we know they're already in the thick of making another game so they should just take the characters from the poll and shove them in there. Most of the cast from the first game shouldn't have disappeared for the second. Billy and Ryo missing was pretty inexcusable.

19. NioZero

NioZero

Concepción, Chile
    Tornado Sky Fighters
    [​IMG]

Am I missing something?

20. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    It was pulled down. An email to someone who managed to get a donation in (for $1) broke things down a little more.

Basically, people who donate $1 get some TF2 hat. You have to donate $25 minimum to get the games. This DLC is not mentioned.