don't click here

New info on MJ involvement?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by serpx, Oct 4, 2013.

1. Blastfrog

Blastfrog

See ya starside. Member
    The development was messy, but it was planned to be split from the start, right from preproduction. I suspect FBZ was the only S&K content being produced during part one's production run, and that its move was extremely last minute.

I kinda doubt the PC tracks came to be just because of being unable to use sounds outside the GM set.

1. There are replaced tracks that do not use any voices, just drums.
    2. They could've just left the voices out in songs that do use them.

I wonder if SEGA only had permission to use it in the MD build, hence why the tracks are intact in emulated releases, but seem specifically avoided.

Still doesn't explain Jam, if my speculation has any likelihood of truth. (Therefore, I'm probably guessing incorrectly.)

If there really is an ongoing issue with MJ/BB's work, I wouldn't mind the PC tracks in a mobile version.

2. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    The Sonic 3 title screen is probably not an issue of property rights because SEGA used that in handheld games (Pocket Adventure) even before they got the original Sonic theme (Advance).

3. AeonicB

AeonicB

Oldbie
    Freelance
    This is a nifty find. I'll have to get it shortly. I haven't been able to stop listening to it all day; it's absolutely haunting.

I'm wondering if there's some suit at Fervor Records sitting there, scratching his head, because this song has seen more hits, downloads and purchases in one day than it has in its entire, 26 year career.:v:/>

4. FlackoWeasel

FlackoWeasel

Blue cheese lover! Member
    Awesome. I once thought in my head like is there even possible to make a Sonic 3 in Sonic CD way, where there are Yusoboys MJ mashups + this Icecap.

Edit:

Found this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPNgC3gBaq4

This is also very well done and a bit longer, I don't have to refresh so much :D

5. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Because we all know I can't well enough leave a passing fad alone when it comes to doing things, here's my entry.

<3<3<3<3 That second verse so much.

http://gene.sonicretro.org/Tuneage/Frozen%20Times.mp3

6. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie

Actually not as much as you think I was. So it's possible that MJ did lift some scraps from Hard Times after all, not so much fancy footwork, but using another artist's scraps makes sense.

7. Falk

Falk

please just stop posting

8. Fucking shitcrap. Fuck this fucking bullshit. I asked my mom, who has an ipod, to buy this album for me over iTunes (since I collect music from the 80s, and if I can't have a CD, I should at least have the only form of download I can get.). And what do you know? THEY DON'T OFFER IT HERE IN GERMANY. Fuck my life. Fuck apple. Fuck amazon. Fuck them all.

9. This is probably a silly thing to request, but I can't seem to find a lyric sheet for "Hard Times", even though I'm all but certain it'll be popular to sing after this. Can anyone jot the lyrics down?

10. I couldn't quite make out a few parts, but here you go.

11. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    I can totally picture a drunk Knuckles singing that.

12. I actually just imagined the entire history of SEGA (Or Sonic as a franchise) summarized in one song.

13. Shakidna

Shakidna

Rehash Rampage Member
    I corrected/filled in the parts in bold.

14. Cool Thanks!

15. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    I wish someone would animate this :P

16. But you know what? Turns out, the S3 soundtrack is so great because it's in reality from the 80s. =V

17. Yuzoboy

Yuzoboy

UK
    I was also thinking this:)

Kudos to the person who discovered this song. It opens up more possibilities to look into the origins of the Sonic 3 soundtrack.

18. AeonicB

AeonicB

Oldbie
    Freelance
    Tinier corrections. :) Otherwise, spot on job.

19. Knucklez

Knucklez

I love 2B 'n' ass. Member
    Has no one interviewed anyone from Sega as to why they pretend Sonic 3 doesn't exist? We all know here it's because of the music, but can someone bother to put these pricks in their place and stop pretending the first half of the best game they've ever produced doesn't exist? Let alone ignoring the existence of Hyper Sonic? All of this because of what, three pieces of music from the 90s? Are you kidding me? Whoever so-called "owns" these tracks need to get off their highhorse and stop hoarding something they aren't even benifitting from. And Sega needs to quit sucking their dicks and do something about it.

20. Chibisteven

Chibisteven

US
    I admit I laughed.

EDIT: Just pick your battles wisely. If you can think of it being far more simple than it is, it's probably be done before especially involving a large number of people curious about this.

NOTE: Took out the crazy part.