don't click here

New info on MJ involvement?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by serpx, Oct 4, 2013.

1. Mentski

Mentski

Pff. Member
    Parts Unknown
    Being a mysterious face.
    I find it interesting that this track has been floating around the internet for at least 4 years (according to the Youtube link, at least), and it's taken this long for somebody to notice and talk about it.

It makes me wonder if there's any more Sonic 3 tracks hiding in plain sight.

Has anybody done an in-depth rummage into the composition histories of Jackson's collaborators outside the music they did with him?

2. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Thing is, how many people paid attention to the Jetzons? First I've heard of them.

Time for people to ferret through discographies again.

3. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Why don't we? the last time I saw members of Sonic sites really crack down and did research like this is when the internet was still young and Sonic CulT was the king of Sonic research, its been a few years and allot more information both known and unknown has cropped up thanks to social media and the likes of Youtube.

Hell a trip up like this is probably something that we needed to jumpstart the research wagon again.

4. Chibisteven

Chibisteven

US
    I love the information. Copy and paste, save to hard drive. Can't wait for more.

5. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Has it ever been confirmed that Jun did Angel Island? I ask because of the Brawl remix.

6. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Probably not, look on the True Blue album:

7. I know the front page post linked to a mash-up by Skyler, but I made a comparison video of my own. Hopefully it can also be useful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UasqTen8_68

8. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

Your friendly neighbourhood lemming. Oldbie
    Don't forget that Brad Buxer confirmed he worked on MJ with the Chords for Stranger in Moscow/S3 Credits, so you could probably put that under his name in that list also.

Anyway this is an awesome find :)

9. LocalH

LocalH

roxoring your soxors Tech Member
    Feel like making a longer version, with a mono mix of the game audio on one channel and a mono mix of Hard Times on the other? When comparing songs like this, I find it easier to do when the two tracks are isolated from each other.

10. Metal Man88

Metal Man88

Time Traveller Oldbie
    Now this latest information is actually solid information.

We should just focus more on things like this recent thing and less to do with speculation.

It also makes me think that Brad Buxer probably had a lot to do with the other tracks like this one, making me wonder if it was him who did the other infamous "Not in S3K Collection" tracks...

11. Fred

Fred

Taking a break Oldbie
    Portugal
    Sonic 3 Unlocked
    Probably not. The oft-called "S&K" miniboss theme is also in Sonic 3, and Drossin only got a composer credit in S&K.

Pretty pointless to mention these, besides, the act 1/2 variations were most likely produced on the spot by the sound engineer. (Masaru Setsumaru?)

12. It wouldn't be theoretically difficult, but I would need to chop up ICZ because the song structures differ:

ICZ:
    AABABBAABABB (loop)

Hard Times:
    AABAABBCBBBB (fade, continuing with B)

Considering how repetitive both songs are, I don't necessarily see the value in an isolated-channel comparison for the whole song.

[I can't tell from your post whether or not you detected that my video has the songs mono and isolated, at least for the first "AAB".]

13. Chibisteven

Chibisteven

US
    I have to wonder about Brad Buxer. I mean this guy is slippery or something weird.

14. LocalH

LocalH

roxoring your soxors Tech Member
    I didn't the first time I watched it, because I watched it on my iPod without using headphones. This is sufficient for me after all :)

15. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    dddddddaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa fuck... After listening to that unreleased song, I think it would be a good idea to research every artist who might have worked on S3&K and look through their entire discographies. I'm amazed none of us noticed that until now.

16. What an awesome little 80s tune.

Also AWESOMEIT'SICECAP but everyone else already said that

17. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Variety of reasons. The old researcher core largely either moved on with more important endeavors in life (end of the day, we're still a cult-like fringe of fans) and there are also fewer things to actively look into without hitting the SEGA Wall of No Comment.

Until SEGA themselves decide to just go "screw it" and release the credits to the songs themselves or someone blows the lid under 100% guaranteed anonymity and they're vetted as being legit (also a rather timely process), the best we can do is try to find little snippets like these. Keep in mind, this song up until a few years ago was unknown and unreleased. This is very much a figurative needle in the haystack.

Long story short, we can definitely try to jumpstart the researching front. Hell, if anything, I say it's MORE important than the hacking aspect that everyone seems to try and register here for.

Protip, potential registrants: you don't have to be or want to be a hacker and do dime-a-dozen Sanic hacks (you're about 10 years late there.) Helping us out with research on the brand's past and moreso game developments are INFINITELY more useful. Gotta keep that wiki updating (and you can also branch out to general SEGA research if Sonic-only bores you.)

So stop posting about wanting to provide "quality and helpful feedback" about hacks! :eng101: That reads like "I just wanna play your hacks and do nothing else lol." Rant over.

18. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    So according to the Wiki, these are the composers to S3&K.

Are there any other rumored composers that might have worked on S3&K?

19. corneliab

corneliab

Someone mentioned uncanny? Yeah, that's the word.

It's a crazy thought knowing that this thing has been out in "public" for so long. So neat to see stuff like this being uncovered.

20. OKei

OKei

OKeijiDragon Member

*Best to watch it full screen for full effect...

I made a video that compares both songs to the wave length. It gets uncanny at the 28 second mark. Pretty catchy too.