don't click here

Sonic Lost World (Wii U, 3DS, PC) Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, May 17, 2013.

1. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Like I said earlier, as an experiment, I sat some friends down and watched them play the game. Literally every problem I had manifested itself ten times worse when they began hitting the Tropical stage.

I really hope they don't rush the crap out of the next one and actually attempt to make good level designs or at least get the parkour system to be more intuitive.

Also, fixing the transitions between level segments, because most of them are horrible automated camera cut scripted nonsense.

2. Retroman

Retroman

Where's that Ghost thingy script feature on this thread that played the Sandopolis Zone Act 2 music at a low-pitch and ghosts with the lever?

Hope I make sense

3. That wasn't related to this thread, that was the Halloween Retro theme.

4. Retroman

Retroman

Alright, time to make another thread in a different section
    Oh wait, found it nevermind.

5. Vangar

Vangar

3DS: So I found myself absolutely PISSED with the snow level. Then when I finally passed all that puzzle snowball shit, I'm given another puzzle fucking level with that boulder Kirby wisp. What happened to this game, the first few levels are nothing like this. Then genre just changes from mildly sonic to a labyrinth of puzzles. I keep getting more and more disappointed :(. I stopped playing and I'm not sure when I'll pick it up again.

WiiU: I stopped playing when I reached the lava level where if you don't time your jum PERFECTLY over the bomb carts you die instantly. I don't know when I'll start this again either :(

6. Hey so heads up, if you start a new game it erases everything. This should be fairly obvious except that it does this as soon as you choose New Game, so if a friend decides to do that to see the opening, stop them. Or else you'll lose all those chaos emeralds and progress.
    Just like I did.

7. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    And the bigger kick is that you can't backup save files on the Wii U to an SD Card, or so I've found.

Hope you have a guest account ready.

If you worry about over shooting jumps, hold left to slow down and keep control of your jumps while jumping. Remember that, up until the 3D sections, there's no real need to go fast.

I'd record a flawless run of the stage if I had capture equipment to better show my point. But basically, patience pays off.

8. Jen

Jen

#lapidot Moderator
    England
    Various drawings
    Yeah, that Lava Mountain level with the rails is a pain. I found it to be incredibly cheap due to the absolute, sometimes unfair, level of precision involved coupled with the amount of obstacles. As Gene said, holding left really helps - as does making good use of the double jump. It took me quite a while to get it down.

I still don't really know what to think about this game. There are some fantastic levels and gameplay ideas, but they're so marred by the cheap, horrible moments. I was having so much fun for the most part until I hit Sky Road, and it all went downhill from there, sadly. I do think that this gameplay style has some incredible potential though, and I'm looking forward to seeing how the style evolves and improves with the next Sonic game. It looks beautiful as well, so bright and colourful.

I'm writing about the Wii U version only. I've not played the 3DS version and I'm not sure that I want to after reading what you guys have been saying about it :S

9. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Windy Hill and Desert Ruins were pretty solid. Not enough of the full main stages in comparison to ones that were smaller and less exciting, but good all round. Each zone thereafter just kind of got worse, until Silent Forest only had one stage worth playing and Sky Road and Lava Mountain are best forgotten.

I dunno. I do like SLW, and I'm still having fun as I continue to play through it. But it falls short in so many areas. It's not at all the game that I expected it to be... the parkour is slow, cumbersome, limited in both movement and usefulness; the control scheme is needlessly complex; there's an abundance of crappy mini-stages; the story is woefully under-developed when it could have been really good; the likeness to Mario is just ridiculous and then the gameplay in general is just so average. The game has tons of missed potential, but rather than see them try to get it right after a few attempts ala Unleashed/Colours/Generations (Unleashed daytime was more on the mark than SLW anyway), I think I'd much rather see another game in vein of Sonic's gameplay in SA1/06. And then if that happens, I'll be unhappy with the result and then demand Heroes 2. Then Heroes 2 will suck and I'll want another boost game.

10. Working on the script of my eventual review, at the moment. To sum it up, I love this game... sometimes.

11. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    I just have to watch the pit of despair Guess Who is currently in playing the review copy. :v:

12. Dario FF

Dario FF

Tech Support Hotline Tech Member
    ...is he doing the hard mode as well? We can't have a good objective review without beating all of it. ;)

13. Should I be glad or not that on the 3DS version the last world is just a boss rush?

14. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    Up to you, I was dissapointed.

15. Ell678

Ell678

Am I Annoying You? Member
    Barrow, England
    Sonic Incursion
    This will be the first Sonic game since Shadow I've bought that I simply can't finish due to it being too shit.

I actually finished Sonic 06.

16. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    I'm on Lava Mountain 2 on the 3DS version and I don't really want to play it anymore :V

Generations 3DS has been very entertaining, though :)

17. NioZero

NioZero

ConcepciĆ³n, Chile
    Tornado Sky Fighters
    I actually liked that level... I always enjoyed precision platforming, like classic NES games...

Other thing that liked is that there is less checkpoints than previous games, I always found annoying the excessive amount of checkpoint in sonic games, starting with sonic 2 from genesis...

I started playing the 3DS version and it's very different, the control is worse and more difficult than WiiU... but I will play it to the end before giving an opinion

Yeah, and there is no option to replay the videos neither...

18. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6SPPNohhss

@uto at SSMB found a neat way to farm lives in the 3DS version.

19. JaredAFX

JaredAFX

You telling me a shrimp fried this rice? Member
    Florida
    Downloading megahertz
    That was terrible. I can't believe I paid $50 for this game. What are you doing, Sonic Team? You were on a roll! Unleashed established a new formula! Colors took that formula and made it fit on a small console! Generations improved it! Now I can't even Homing Attack correctly--are you kidding me? It drives me crazy that they allow such seemingly brain-dead people to make flagship games for a company with financial problems. Whoever allowed this to be released should be fired.

...I'm sorry that I'm being so dramatic, but this is no Daytime Unleashed, Colors, or Generations, and that upsets me a lot. They didn't need to change destroy the formula. The story didn't need to be so nonexistent. This didn't need to be exclusive to a comparatively weak console. I wish executives would use their brains and actually listen to what people want. We don't want this (maybe some of us do, but those people still want a better game). We want a simple, easy-to-pick-up game with depth. Is that so hard? You did it 22 years ago, again 21 years ago, and twice more 19 years ago. Why is 3D still so difficult for Sonic?

20. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Why farm for lives if you get 10 when you get a game over?