don't click here

Sonic Lost World (Wii U, 3DS, PC) Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, May 17, 2013.

1. Oh believe me, I'm still glad I got this game. Yes, some bits are frustrating, but the good outweighs the bad (at least so far) and I consider it worth every penny.

2. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Sonic Paradise Researcher
    Spain
    Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
    I can't finish Sky Road act 2 on 3DS, there is no fucking way to reach those high clouds at the end of the level, I tried everything, but indigo asteroid never jumps high enough to go up the clouds.

I feel this version is pretty frustating, full of boring puzzles ( and I wanted a more puzzle based Sonic game but this is done the wrong way) slippy controls and awful gameplay with shoehorned gyroscope controls. I hope wiiu version is better...

3. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    I'd first finish the game before saying that the good outweights the bad. ;)

4. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    It needs to be at it's full size to jump that high, you also need to use double jump. Got through it with no problems.

When you finish it you'll feel dumb because the lack of a REAL tutorial is what makes this game difficult.

It's weird because they had an awesome tutorial on Sonic Rush Adventure o.o

5. That second red ring in Silent Forest 4.... uuuuuggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh.

6. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Oh that was a bitch. Luckily it's one of those things that once you get it you'll never have to again

7. Well, I just finished Sky Road. Honestly, it wasn't that bad. In fact, am I the only guy in the world who finds act 2 exhilarating?

Guess I'm just one of those "platformer masochists".

8. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    3DS or Wii U?

9. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    I thought it was pretty alright. I just wish I had paid more attention to whatever in the game stressed the importance of multi-lock homing attacks by the end of it. But hey, now I know.

10. Wii U.

11. aashgaghsjdg

right next to the emerald, all orbs gotten, 5 seconds left, keep flying pass the emerald, not enough time to turn around and try again, then times up.

That was just too frustrating, and after doing a level I did not enjoy much either, where I'm pushing snowballs about while another one with a face keeps freezing me or getting stuck and not holding down buttons for me.

I want to like this game but the frustrations are getting to me here.

12. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Oh the 3ds version? No, there is no joy in that game. Give up hope now

13. ;_;

why didn't I get the Wii U version

or a Wii U

This is what I get for people saying the 3DS version is better

14. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    I'm watching Guess Who's updates on the 3DS version for his review. It's like watching a man going through ten phases of torture repeatedly. Apparently the levels are about 10 minutes long at least later on? How counter-intuitive to portable/mobile gaming schemas.

15. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
    So, I replayed a few levels, then went on to Frozen Factory. Act 2 was a breeze compared to the complaints I've heard here. Sonic turned into a snowball, and I was like, "Here we go..." Then I only died twice and had quite a bit of fun, really.

Act 3's aesthetic was pretty awesome. The game may not be what I wanted, but I'm finally getting used to the controls and WHAT THE FUCK IS THE DEAL WITH THIS SHITTY PINBALL GAME I HAD TO PUT UP WITH FOR TEN MINUTES!?

16. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Yeah, the levels in the 3DS version do indeed become 10+ minutes long. Some of the later levels would be fine if it wasn't for the length.

17. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    It's one time only. Burned through all of mine on 2 levels. >_>

18. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    They're 25-minute long later on. And I got a time-up and completed it in 50min -.-

19. Maybe some of the level designs were just unused ones from Sonic Rush that they refurbished for Sonic Lost World, but forgot there's no boost mechanic to make it go a lot faster and give a reason for such a long length.

20. Rail Road

Rail Road

Maybe I missed it, but what do you get for completing all the missions? I did conplete all of them on the Wii U version but got nothing. It even said "congrats here is a present" but nothing went in my inventory.