don't click here

Sonic Boom (Games) Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Oct 2, 2013.

1. That picture makes it look like the show's about the Sonic crew stranded on a deserted island. Kind of like Sonic the Hedgehog meets Gilligan's Island.

2. Ross-Irving

Ross-Irving

...because they can't? Who the fuck do you guys have besides Sylvain Chomet? The guy who made Wakfu/Dofus? It's like saying Canada has good cartoons when all they really have are government bucks to fund the cartoons. Just like France and the UK. It's not that it's a hopeless situation over there, because the studios and work and number of people have increased over the last decade (thanks, outsourcing!), but as of now the animation scene overseas isn't really attracting too many good artists, and if they are, that's certainly not translating to any of the shows, other than production values. Don't feel bad, because even in the US the animation industry is a huge shitheap full of 23 year olds begging for long, unpaid internships.

3. Molotok

Molotok

Gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha Member
    >Bitch about Canada
    >Complain about France
    >Gripe about + - ponies  
    >Moan about Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures
    >Tear your hair out about Rabbids Invasion
    >Don't mention the following

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EVMWVESXpY[/youtube]

4. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Actually, if you want to talk about decent French CG...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcAPxoYfzNE

Make sure you watch the UK dub if you watch it in English though. Much better than the American one. Lot more sarcastic. =P

5. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
  6. Bobinator

Bobinator

My thoughts on your posting Member
    I honestly never liked Code Lyoko. I'm not sure what it was, really. Maybe it was the block it played on, which was basically "Baby's First Toonami", maybe I just remembered the plots being really stupid. I can't really remember what it was about it that made me angry, it just... did.

That, and I never understood why they gave everybody giant fucking foreheads.

7. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    I've always found Code Lyoko pretty terrible... probably not a good example of decent French animation. =|

8. Jay T.

Jay T.

It takes an idiot to do cool things... Member
    I very much enjoyed it. Sure it wasn't perfect. It had flaws, but I thought it was a solid cartoon series. Was a bit disappointing that it never finished on TV (to my knowledge), but all the episodes are accessible now.

9. Plorpus

Plorpus

Hog Blue So What Member
    Everyone in Code Lyoko looks like they have a serious case of Downs.

10. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    [​IMG]

I never got into it, myself.

11. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Oh that was a gut laugh, thanks guys. I needed that.

Code Lyoko does have some serious WTF were they thinking with the animation.

12. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    Unexpected wave of nostalgia right there lol

13. GHFan

GHFan

Ugh, so many memories of renting a tape that was basically a compilation of episodes strung together into a movie. Between the musical numbers, awful animation, and bad voice acting, I still found a place for it in my 8-year-old heart.

Watching it now, I realize that yep it sucks

14. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Nothing gave me nostalgia goggles for the Donkey Kong cartoon series like having seen the recent DVD push for Sonic Underground and actually watching a couple episodes.

15. Dabble

Dabble

While looking at a Sonic redesign thread on another forum I noticed some redesigns (by Robaato on Deviantart) that remind me of the silhouttes. These are circa 2012 so they're not based off Boom.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    well that's terrifying to consider

17. Lilly

Lilly

United States
    Shang Mu Architect
    HOLY- wow, those similarities are almost scary, save for Amy. I don't think Sonic looks too half bad, though, he could use more of an edge. In fact, I kinda hope he looks as good as that instead of possibly worse.

18. Falsetto

Falsetto

Banned
    In the first episode, Dr. Robotnik hires Knuckles to play pranks on all and sundry.

19. Candescence

Candescence

Sydney, Australia
    3D Indie Stuff
    I'll admit that while Code Lyoko wasn't the best of cartoons by any stretch, it got way better after the first season and started actually getting started with its with its myth arc.

Also, I'd actually be okay with the designs from that fanart, especially Tails. I do like the sharp, 'dangerous' look to Sonic's back/head spines.

20. Ell678

Ell678

Am I Annoying You? Member
    Barrow, England
    Sonic Incursion
    Kill me now.