don't click here

Sonic 1 and 2 getting the Sonic CD treatment by Taxman and Stealth

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Mar 27, 2013.

1. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    I believe it's limited to No Save mode only.

2. Yes.

3. MathUser

MathUser

3rd top wiki contributor Researcher
    Well, since it seems like PS3 and 360 versions are not gonna happen, then can you tell us why Taxman? Were Sony and Microsoft just not interested?

4. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    I wonder if we're just waiting until the other two next-gen consoles come out before we get them..?

Then again, thats just wishful thinking.

5. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    I'm kinda curious as to why we've heard jackshit about the Sonic 2 port, honestly.

6. DinnerSonic

DinnerSonic

Never Posting Since 2004! Member
    I'm still suspecting that we're gonna have to wait till Sonic 3 & Knuckles is done, which will probably have to wait till Sonic 2(Which I believe wasn't even meant to be officially announced) is done and Sega is sure there's money in further ports. Then they could bundle all of them together with Sonic CD and bugfixes in some kind of a "Sonic Remastered" pack separate from the emulation versions to make more money.

I also suspect some of those debug only features in Sonic 1, with the Sonic 3 shields and such, will become accessible legitimately once Sonic & Knuckles gets done. This would make up for "Knuckles in Sonic the Hedgehog" being a built in feature already.

7. Jayextee

Jayextee

Unpopular Opinions™ Member
    Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.

If this is true, which it isn't, I'd love there to be a disc release. Which there won't be.

8. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    Yeah, seems like a pipedream at this point, but a revised sort of Sonic Jam / Mega Collection + SCD or whatever else they'll just throw in on next-gen consoles would be pretty sweet. I can't help but wonder how it'd fare when porting over Sonic 3K.

9. PsychoSk8r

PsychoSk8r

PsychedelAnt | Tone Turner Oldbie
    Birmingham, UK
    30 Day Project: Revisited.A New Release!
    The Death Egg Saga™ Remastered. Playable as either one long game, or the original 4 separated. I'd fucking love it, haha.

10. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    I'll just throw these two out there:

Sonic 2's still in the oven. Patience.

Sonic 3K won't happen until a certain few snags are cleared up. Sega is pretty well aware how beloved this one is by the older fans particularly, so they know the demand is out there. But for now, it's not in the cards.

Oh yeah, delicious PRingles.

11. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    That's a shame, but I can understand why it has to be, + - especially if the reason is related to music[/total speculation]   . I will say that I'd rather buy the game totally devoid of music than not get it at all.

12. Dr. Corndog

Dr. Corndog

Makes me glad I still have my Genesis. Taxman's ports are awesome, buy I still view them as kind of a novelty. If they didn't exist, I'd still be fine with my cartridges.

13. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Fighting against the Unitary State of Europe
    I don't understand people's impatience over these releases, sure they will be the definitive versions with the additional features but it's not as if you don't have access to the originals.

14. Mystical Ninja

Mystical Ninja

For old time's sake. Oldbie
    New Castle, Delaware
    Nothing that concerns this place in the least.
    Maybe so, but we've already played the originals to death.

15. The Taxman

The Taxman

Tech Member
    Retro Engine & Related Projects
    Sorry guys, there's no news Stealth and I can really talk about right now. "Stay Tuned" is a phrase I'm very much used to parroting on Twitter :v:

16. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    To give you the "5up3r s3krit 1ns1der" explanation regarding console ports, I'll just say: Patience.

17. How about this, CROSS PLAY ON PLAYSTATION DEVICES, we want sonic CD, Sonic and the eventual Sonic 2 on Vita. :v:

18. MathUser

MathUser

3rd top wiki contributor Researcher
    That would make a nice vita compilation, Sonic CD, 1-K in widescreen. I hope that happens.

19. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Which parts of "Stay Tuned" and "Patience" were hard to grasp? =P

20. The parts where you're talking to the "Sonic" and "Fandom"? :P