don't click here

Sonic Lost World (Wii U, 3DS, PC) Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, May 17, 2013.

1. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Reminds me more of Lava Shelter from 2006 tbh. its been awhile since 2006 though...

2. Mystical Ninja

Mystical Ninja

For old time's sake. Oldbie
    New Castle, Delaware
    Nothing that concerns this place in the least.
    If you're talking about the Sonic 2006 stage, then it's Flame Core you're thinking of. Lava Shelter is a stage from Shadow the Hedgehog. Admittedly, though, this stage looks like a little bit of both and Red Sands.

3. GerbilSoft

GerbilSoft

RickRotate'd. Administrator
    USA
    rom-properties
    FYI: This is not the "complain about Sonic Generations years after hailing it as the second coming" thread. If you want to complain about Generations, take it to /dev/null.

4. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    IT'S A ME, SONIC.

YAHOO. But no seriously christ that outside lava level is nothing but Mario. So much Mario.

5. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Am I the only one who notices how when a lot of rings are gotten successively their sound gets a bit distorted/altered?

6. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Don't be afraid to use the spoiler tags, guys. :flunked:

Guess I should just stay out of the thread.

7. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Its not a spoiler because SoE released it on their youtube a day or so ago.

8. I noticed this, I think it helps to stop making the collection sound seem too repetitive, especially if you run through an area with a lot of rings.

9. Dissent

Dissent

@SailsSez on Twitter Member
    So does that make it the "complain about Sonic Lost World and praise Generations in comparison" thread? Because that was kind of going on for a few pages.

10. Reddie

Reddie

Still stuck on Labyrinth Zone...
    Sonic Adventure 2: Genesis Edition
    @Master Emerald: The Green Wisp was confirmed to be back for the Wii U version if I'm not wrong, so that includes the Light Speed Dash/Ring Dash.

Am I the only one here that noticed that the Spindash animations are reversed/not right?
    Also Sonic's running animation is the same as in Generations but with the PeelOut particle thingy on top of it. Kinda lame, his shoes don't get actually distorted or anything.

Also if this had a different art style (Generations' for example) everything would look really weird. This art style is really fitting for the layout and how the game acutally plays. Also for a weird hexagonal planet where weird stuff isn't really weird.

11. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    And?

We have the Ring dash since Adventure and that has never happened before, even in Colors.

It sounds weird to me :V

12. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Yes it is. Even if it comes from SEGA, they're known for spoiling all of the stages before release with Sonic games. Kojima posting the ending of MGSV on Twitter doesn't make it not a spoiler. ;)

13. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    At least that was on topic, considering this thread is about Sonic Lost World and not Generations. If you want to compare Generations to random crap like Labyrinth or Sonic Jam on game.com, go do it in the Generations thread, not here.

*fires the back-on-topic cannon*

14. Dario FF

Dario FF

Tech Support Hotline Tech Member
    BTW, for the ones who couldn't tell from the Spanish video, the assumption that the Speedrun mode is separated into something else seems like it was true. When he selects a level, he has the option for "Normal Mode" and "Time Trial" (Contrarreloj), not just a random mission act or something like that. I'm gonna guess that one's getting a proper timer instead of a Mario timer as well, but no videos I've seen so far have entered the Time Trial mode to confirm it.

15. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    I will end them. :argh: At least they haven't shown the final boss yet, I'll take solace in not knowing whether it's the 6, Eggman, or both.

16. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    It'll be + - Classic Eggman.  

17. My money is on + - Eggman turning on Sonic in the end and trying to use the Six to kill him, or something like that  

18. Zephyr

Zephyr

US
    You guys can complain about how Mario-y this game looks/feels all you want, but I for one welcome the blend of Sonic and Mario gameplay that we should have been getting since those shitty Olympic Games crossovers came into existence.

19. Metal Man88

Metal Man88

Time Traveller Oldbie
    Eh. This game is basically http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ycymywGv7c but in 3D tube world form.

Also, I was able to understand the Spanish cutscenes. The story is basic, that's OK, but the cutscenes scream it over and over again without any of the real poise that Sonic Colors had. I have to say, it's a step backwards in general. Not the worst game, but, not very interesting either.

20. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    A spoiler to me is information that comes from an outside source that reveals a part of a game that wasn't supposed to be shown until release or official sources release it themselves.

This 0:30 second video comes from an official source, SEGA Of Euorpe. and dispite SEGA's track record of not being able to keep information secure this isn't the case, if it was SoE would have taken it down by now therefore by SEGA's understanding, we are allowed to talk about it.

And you know Konami would ring Kojima's neck if he ever did do that. ;)