don't click here

Sonic Boom (Games) Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Samurai Echidna

Samurai Echidna

I vanish for a few weeks because of a dying computer, and I come home to this? Sonic is in a thriller jacket with bed head, Knuckles hit a growth spurt, Amy had a successful sexchange operation, and Tails is having PTSD because he can only fix things and not his friends.

Awesome. Let's start the rave party! Who brought snacks? :eng101:

2. Mercury

Mercury

His Name Is Sonic Tech Member
    Location Location
    AeStHete
    Because women don't ever wear pants? ...What in the what.

QFT, and I've always loved that short.

3. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    They stole your idea!! SUE THE BASTARDS!! USE THE PENDERS CLAUSE!!!

Its your original the character, they can't steal! :v:

4. Dabble

Dabble

They're probably unfinished designs but honestly I'm interested, if only because it's a Sonic cartoon. I've been dying for a new Sonic cartoon for years now.. This wasn't what I had in mind but what the heck.

Everyone looks fine except Knuckles. Knuckles is just snicker worthy but Sonic looks the same as ever, if only his spikes are messier; Sonic with a vest really sounds cute actually. . It can't be worse than anything Archie has vomited out though.

I've seen fanart and I'm really curious how they look in reality. There is some Pokemon level speculation going on.

You know what I am worried about though? The animation and the style. I'll admit, "all CGI cartoon" still brings to mind anxieties.

5. McGuirk

McGuirk

The Egg-Man Cometh. Member
    Fort Worth, Texas, USA
    Making a Full-Sized Egg Carrier in Minecraft.
    I'll second this, but animation is ever improving, so I'm not giving up entirely.

I'll definitely offer it a fair chance. I just finished Sonic X tonight, so I'm longing for something more.

6. Tiller

Tiller

HDK & World Runner
    CGI has the problem of budget and scope. Usually shows can start out with weaker animation and empty worlds since they have to generate a shitton of assets from scratch with nothing to originally work with. By the time Season 2 or 3 rolls around, you see the animators get into their stride and refine their work. Usually you'll start to see more subtle touches and stuff. Plus they have 3 seasons of assets to sift through to flesh out locations more. Usually this means limited characters and locations through the first season.

If they survive for that long. Cartoon Network has been in the process of murdering anything not Johnny Test, Annoying Orange or some other shitty and cheap comedy.

7. The KKM

The KKM

Welcome to the nExt level Member
    Portugal
    IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog comic books
    Except Vantoggle's sillhouettes were infinitely more interesting to look at. They played with forms and shapes and angles in ways these ones don't- instead they just buff Knuckles and make spindly spike-hair animu Sonic.

Again, different can be good. Which is different from "different is always good".

EDIT: And in case I have to say it again. I don't mind them looking different from the games. That can be great. Vantoggle showed how that could be great.

This is not great.

8. Dabble

Dabble

I'm seeing a lot of fanart with Tails that has him wearing clothes and that's unnerving. Sonic with a jacket? Sure. Tails with clothes? That just feels sick and wrong unless it's just something like goggles or an aviator hat. I hope Tails doesn't wear any major clothing if they go that route.

9. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Are we sure Sonic has a jacket on and not just like a backpack or something? He basically wore one at all times in SatAM

10. Dabble

Dabble

A backpack would make sense because Sonic travels a lot.

11. [​IMG]

12. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    Tails is now barefoot and barehanded. You're welcome. :v:

13. Molotok

Molotok

Gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha Member
    Well, I'm not going to go into the whole history and concept of unions, but it's safe to say that if it's a big production on a big network, it's a safe bet (in the United States and Canada, at least, since those are the countries I'm most familiar with, but there are certainly other countries that have their own unions) that the writers will be represented by the Writers Guild of America (East or West, or the Canadian equivalent), the voice cast will be represented by SAG-AFTRA (the merger between the Screen Actors Guild and the American Federation of Television and Radio Artists), snd the animators will usually belong to the IATSE (International Association of Theatrical Stage Employes) or, less often, the VFX union.

I know that a number of actors have been said to be overpaid, but I'd rather have actors and their agents deciding their futures compared to how studios mandated it alone back in the early '30s.

Thus ends this informative rant from your resident "union thug".

EDIT:

Oh, and I'm most disturbed by Knuckles' shadow out of that line-up and I don't think one could make an apples-to-apples comparison to this and Equestria Girls, though it is true that a year is a long time to wait.

14. Metal Knuckles

Metal Knuckles

HAVE SOME FUN WITH MIKU Member
    New Hampshire, USA
    Shadow Alpha, an awesome hack of Sonic 1
    Still getting drunk in a bar. That shadow is actually an ostrich sticking it's head in the sand.

15. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    That was not his original character Bluckles! That was the actual Knuckles...trapped in the real world!

16. Molotok

Molotok

Gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha Member
    Hero: 108 would like a word with you.

(I can't believe I said that, either.)

I completely agree about Johnny Test and Annoying Orange, but are you saying Adventure Time, Regular Show, Uncle Grandpa, The Amazing World of Gumball, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Superjail, Squidbillies, Metalocalypse, and The Venture Brothers are not God's gift to humanity?

You best check yerself before you-ins wreck yerself. Come at me, broham.

P.S. I'm joking. + - I know some people can't have the same good tastes as the rest of us. ... Also joking   .

17. Retroman

Retroman

[​IMG]

/Thread

18. Tanicius

Tanicius

Las Vegas
    http://www.sonic-revolution.net/
    When I first heard of this, I was excited. Then I saw the silhouettes and my enthusiasm was replaced with shock and confusion. I definitely approved of Sonic having less uniform quills (I think messier quills fit his more chaotic nature, if you will)… and then I saw Knuckles, or Buffles as he's come to be known in my circles due to how hard he's hit the gym.

The fact it looks as if the show's producers have been looking at some fanart aside, it just struck me as weird as it completely clashes with the others. The other characters have these squashed, noodly bodies, while Knuckles is tall, buff and proud like some ancient Greek hero. While I always thought Knuckles could use a wider build to emphasize his strength, that isn't quite what I had in mind…

However! I've seen quite a few fans have taken to sketching their ideas of what the characters would look like over the silhouettes, and some actually don't look too bad. The question is, how well will these hold up in 3D? I'm guessing not as well, and I'm fearing already that the 3D modeling will look cheesy… but hey, I can hope yes?

With regards to the premise, I don't mind a lighthearted Sonic story. I could use a good laugh, and if the humor is clever I could appreciate this direction. For those wanting a deeper story, however, I feel it will probably be very lacking; the short episode length leads me to believe there will be very little continuity between episodes, but I could be proven wrong. We'll just need to wait for more information to leak… if nothing else I anticipate clips to be showcased at Sonic Boom 2014, if not another expo like Comic Con beforehand.

I am cautiously optimistic. If nothing else, I'll have something to watch with the little kids in my family that I'll be at least somewhat interested in.

19. Ross-Irving

Ross-Irving

Joint-produced with the French, case closed.

[​IMG]

It's gonna be a disaster you fucks, ahahahaha

20. Adamis

Adamis

Gimme waffles! Oldbie
    Belgium
    Lammy and "Fafnir"
    Yes, because we all know that French can't do good animation :v: