don't click here

Sonic Boom (Games) Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Flare

Flare

I'd take steroid filled Knuckles with fingers over the current Knuckles character as long as he plays that tough guy, which is the vibe I get this... of course this is from a shadow so who really knows.

2. And then Knuckles was voiced by Kevin Michael Richardson.

3. Quarterman

Quarterman

Just another day in paradise. Member
    I do hope the writing is at least decent.

4. Ayu Tsukimiya

Ayu Tsukimiya

UGUU~ Member
    I really hope those designs aren't final.

5. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Well, if everyone complains enough, then they MUST change it! :specialed:

Seriously, don't do this. You will look extremely stupid. Let things play out for a bit.

6. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    It's hilarious how when this was first found out everyone was pissed off because of a My Little Pony writer being involved.

Now everyone's pissed off about the designs. Okay, I'm not a fan of them myself, if they were going through the CG route they should have used whatever they were using for Unleashed because it worked with anything, they even used it for an insurance advert too. Still, is there anything positive about this other than a new Sonic TV show being in the works?

7. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    It's hard to complain too much, it still looks leagues better than Beware the Batman.

8. Knucklez

Knucklez

I love 2B 'n' ass. Member
    Will you all just shut the hell up? Quit bitching about anything Sonic that's NEW. You all know things get worse every year, so why are you continuing to bitch? So what if the characters get new models? That won't change a damn thing about your faithful classics. They will remain the same. So cling onto them as you do and shut up.

9. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

I have to agree, whilst obviously there's a design change, at least WAIT to see what it looks like before bitchin' :v: The redesign could be awesome. I wonder if people get all defensive because they are afraid that this redesign will extend in to the games themselves. Well, chill, it's a cartoon. Things on Cartoon Network have a certain style nowadays, so I expect it to fit in with those sorts of shows that try to be artistically different and wacky looking, whilst retaining the Sonic feel.

It's gotta be better than Sonic X, anyway.

10. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    Because stifling criticism is the healthiest way to promote discussion.

(I'm cautiously optimistic, for the record, although Knuckles having fingers is kinda weird.)

11. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Well... you guys are criticizing shadows. Yes, they're a little detailed, but they speak nothing else. At least let them SHOW the characters fully before you all attempt to run in with your pitchforks and walking canes.

A friendly reminder, you're all not the target audience of Sonic anyway.

12. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    Ok chaps, to those complaining about the buff-up of Knuckles, I'm going to point out that there is some establishment in the actual games (and Sonic X through adaptation) for such an appearance.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I shall wait and see what happens with this series before I pass judgement, but as far as I can see, there's little problem with the designs beyond Knuckles' fingers.

13. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Although in the past SEGA have still acknowledged that we exist. This looks like a reboot of the brand and we've yet to see what the future holds in regard to the franchise as a whole.

14. Jayextee

Jayextee

Unpopular Opinions™ Member
    Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.
    They went back to Project: Sonic Retro and listened to my pleas for character redesigning. Truly as I imagined it.

15. Quarterman

Quarterman

Just another day in paradise. Member
    I somewhat doubt it's a complete reboot.

16. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    Looks intriguing, the only thing that seems weird to me is that SEGA gave the "OK" to go off-model in such a way, on what I assume is an officially licensed thing.

This is extra weird is considering that SEGA (or whatever studio they use) Do such a fantastic job animating Sonic CG ever since Sonic Unleashed and that glorious spaceship Supersonic battle.

17. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

CG of quality is not easy to make. If you even watch things like Penguins of Madagascar, it's extremely low quality when comparing it to the actual films, and Sonic would look even worse given how the CG movies in Unleashed and whatnot are animated. They can't just downgrade the animation without it looking poor and having to cut corners.

That and, y'know, it's extremely expensive.

18. Captain L

Captain L

The guy who likes Shadow the Hedgehog Member
    Waiting for the coming of the Great White Hankerchief
    All the more reason it shouldn't have been CG to begin with. 2D animation has made a big comeback, and it looks gorgeous in HD. It allows for more stylish animation work to be done without looking out of place, it easily allows for a brighter palette of colors, it's cheaper, easier, and looks better. I see no reason why CG shows still exist.

19. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    When I pictured a Sonic CG show, I pictured one using the Generations models/design. Not whatever this is going to be. I hope they keep quiet about it for another 6 months so I don't have to remember it exists.

20. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Sonic Paradise Researcher
    Spain
    Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
    This...causes me mixed feelings. I really expected an animated show, not a CGI one...and that bluff knuckles...it really throws me off. But I like that mega-spiky Sonic, it's like it's earliest designs as Mr.Needlemouse. I like that.

I made a quick trace to show how I think they will look like.

[​IMG]