don't click here

Sonic Lost World (Wii U, 3DS, PC) Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, May 17, 2013.

1. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    So one of my friends got a Wii U recently. After playing it tonight, I seriously hope SEGA changes their mind about whether or not to support the Pro Controller. I ended up disliking the GamePad a lot more than I expected and really don't want to use it for the game. :/ I cannot comment on the quality of the Pro Controller as I have not used one yet, but it looks more comfortable than the Wii U GamePad at least.

2. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    There's nothing wrong with the Game Pad, honestly. It's lighter than I'd have expected, and feels very comfortable to use for extended periods of time (provided the battery lasts that long).

3. Captain L

Captain L

The guy who likes Shadow the Hedgehog Member
    Waiting for the coming of the Great White Hankerchief
    I would think that the Pro Controller would be more uncomfortable. It's got a shape you're familiar with, but the buttons and right analog stick are in the wrong places, so it's an example of Damn You Muscle Memory. The Gamepad is a completely new shape, so I have no problem adjusting to the different layout.

4. Willie

Willie

I find the Wii U GamePad very awkward to hold and switching from the buttons to the right analog stick is very annoying because of how everything is position. I imagine it won't be as annoying with the Pro Controller because it looks a lot easier to slide my thumb. Who the hell thought it was a good idea to have the right analog stick directly above the X and A buttons with the GamePad? But yeah, I haven't disliked a Nintendo controller this much since the N64 controller. Granted, the Wii U GamePad is a hell of a lot better than that piece of shit, but I'm shocked at how much I dislike holding the controller.

5. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    If the analog stick being above the buttons is your problem, the Pro Controller isn't really gonna fix that any, I don't think.

6. Willie

Willie

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I can see myself sliding my thumb very easily with the Pro Controller. The Wii U GamePad on the other hand, requires me to do more than slide my thumb because of how awkwardly it's positioned. Granted, I wish Nintendo put both analog sticks on the bottom but it looks more comfortable than the Wii U GamePad at least.

7. PARASOL

PARASOL

Am I the only one who thinks Lost World looks kind of like a cartoony version of Sonic Adventure? I don't know, maybe it's because of the slower gameplay compared to the previous few games.

8. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

It's nice to see Games Sonic be fallible (the lack of genuine flawed moments was about the one thing that prevented me from seeing him as the best interpretation of the character). So long as they don't make an over the top habit of it like Satam or Archie do and have a moral about being reckless or cocky drilled into his head in every damn story I don't mind.

Granted what good would opening it have done anyway, unless it was a capsule consisting entirely of Flickies, they would have fallen to their death anyway.

Eggman is above par here, wonderfully clownish AND malicious here. Is it just me or are Orbot and Cubot getting more 'Scratch and Grounder-like' as the games go on? Not that it's really a bad thing.

Sonic and Eggman seem to be the two characters getting better with each game (which makes up for their down slide in the Heroes-Next Gen era). Should probably hold my tongue until I see the full game though.

9. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I agree with all of this. And I do think that Orbot and Cubot are getting more Scratch and Grounder like, at least they have that vibe. I'd say that Orbot is kind of like Scratch but much more sarcastic, and Cubot is like grounder but a little less stupid and has that voice shtick.

Oh and I love that Eggman just dropped the critters after saying "If you insist"

10. Harmony Friends

Harmony Friends

it's the whole gang Oldbie
  11. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    Eughfhfg

As much as I like the song I can't help but think there's almost no variety in the lead instrument / piano. It just keeps playing that same 9 note thing again and again. Like fuuuuuuck, it ruins it for me.

12. The intro reminds me of a bastardization of Rooftop Run.

13. synchronizer

synchronizer

It is rather boring.

14. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    This is the short version, the entire version has a nice nice NICE supporting track on the second loop!

15. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    [​IMG]

http://www.sonicretro.org/2013/09/sonic-lost-world-getting-pre-order-dlc-featuring-omochao/

lol

16. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    That's not a bouns. That's what they should give those who buy the game used.

It'll follow you always.

17. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Oh you! hahahaha

I'll wait to see how you guys like the game and then I'll buy the 3DS version (and a 3DS).

18. And yet, people on the sega forums wonder why I don't care for this music.

19. Falk

Falk

If I had the only Youtube video in the world with Sonic ATS music on it that has more dislikes than likes I'd probably not take myself very seriously either!

20. Shadix

Shadix

Oldbie
    Falk is on retro?!

Hey so, I know you don't know me but I really like the music you made for Windy Hill. Really glad to see SEGA pick up someone so talented as yourself after that fangame music.