don't click here

Time Traveller's Delight

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Vrantheo, Sep 24, 2013.

1. Vrantheo

Vrantheo

"Find Next Beat" Member
    http://ocremix.org/remix/OCR02747/

Can't wait to hear the full Temporal Duality album.

2. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    http://youtu.be/_mrfGB8j4ng

Its a nice track, as allways to expect from OCRemix.

3. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    TRiPPY posted this on Twitter yesterday.

I only got two minutes in before I stopped caring.

4. Lilly

Lilly

United States
    Shang Mu Architect
    And I didn't even make it that long. I love this fresh take on the rhythm, as to be expected with OCRemixes, but the lyrics are more direct than I'm used to. (Sonic Before/After the Sequel OSTs have lyrics, but keep them light, much like the Sonic Rush games.) They're more like a "watermark" in the way of techno stations that I tried before, so it distracts me and throws me off.

It's still cool, but I can't put this in my playlist and enjoy it while working on art.

5. Jayextee

Jayextee

Unpopular Opinions™ Member
    Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.
    OCR's done better rap/Sonic stuff. Like that one Oil Ocean remix.

Doesn't fill me with a great deal of high expectations about the rest of the upcoming SCD stuff, but we'll see. I did like the instrumental, it's just DiGi's rapping that I ain't feeling. Man.

6. Vrantheo

Vrantheo

"Find Next Beat" Member
    I don't care much about the lyrics too, but the beats and the rhythm really quite get me. I wish they can give us the instrumental version for a better listen.

Also you shouldn't miss the latter parts. I think they'd be slightly better than you expected from the first half.

7. David The Lurker

David The Lurker

For some mysterious reason... Administrator
    That's because DiGi Valentine can't rap. At all.

Even though he keeps recording himself rapping.

I think the problem with this track is that it's just too long. Especially the ending, when they've finished rapping, it just kinda lingers on and you're expecting it to stop, but it just won't. Then there's the introduction where they call themselves the "OverClocked Assembled" which sounds more cheesy than what they were intending. Made me flinch and a little embarrassed. Which is annoying, because the song itself isn't that bad. Even if the lyrics are sometimes a bit too overt. It's a remix that would be inoffensive and even kinda good, but just ruined by certain stylistic choices.

8. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    I was going to check this out until I read that it has rapping in it ew gross. >_> I can't stand rap, it's too bad they couldn't just make a nice remix without any lyrics especially without rap, that sucks. Oh well, I'll just listen to TheLegendofRenegade's Genesis remixes even though it's no longer SCD's birthday of course. :v:

9. Beat is great but the rap was a mistake. Oh well, we all make mistakes

10. Metal Man88

Metal Man88

Time Traveller Oldbie
    It's OC Remix. They generally do this sort of thing. Ask them about the rap and they'll tell you emphatically how 'awesome' it is.

I liked remixes once, before they roboticized it into all crummy techno mixes and nerds awkwardly singing weird cheesy lyrics.

Also, I don't like how they chased Howard Drossin away with their scummy "LOVER REEF IS WHAT YOU COMPOSED, REMIXED!" stuff. Especially in light of the revelation Howard Drossin didn't even compose Lava Reef.

11. Vrantheo

Vrantheo

"Find Next Beat" Member
    Idklol. Beside OCR the remix scene still has diverse enough communities and genres as I personally observed. We can just dig for the good ones, like, recently, the BTS/ATS soundtrack?

12. Tyty

Tyty

KNUXEDO KAMEN Member
    ↑ & ↓ & ↻
    As said of every single OCRemix album for years.

The best ones are the ones they just host or pull a lot of outside talent from because then there's no goddamn singing, or it's someone who CAN sing.

13. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    Ain't nothin' wrong with lyrics when it's Danny Baranowski's "Knuckleduster". That was easily my favorite song on their S3&K album.

14. Dr. Corndog

Dr. Corndog

Huh. That's one of the few songs I have to skip, and it's precisely because of the singing.

But relating to the SCD album, I wouldn't count on there being many songs with lyrics. Really, though, I think what I'd rather have than a remix is a CD full of extended versions of the original soundtrack's songs.

15. I loved Knuckleduster precisely because the singing was awful. I'm not sure why, but it's a kick ass song that I (also) horribly sing to

16. Thousand Pancake

Thousand Pancake

Being a food you put milk on and then eat in the m Member
    I've often thought of OCRemix as a place for remixes by JRPG fanatics, for JRPG fanatics. Their voting board and musician pool doesn't have enough people who prefer not-JRPGs. :v:

17. Metal Man88

Metal Man88

Time Traveller Oldbie
    They basically own the scene, making sure that there aren't really any good remixes as they 'set the standard' that many less saavy people see.

As such, I basically don't listen to remixes anymore, because they made sure 90% of them are terrible.

Also, BTS/ATS is mostly its own thing--not a remix.

18. Vrantheo

Vrantheo

"Find Next Beat" Member
    SEGA already has this, although poorly done.

19. Ritz

Ritz

Subhedgehog Member
    I like it. It's nice.

20. Eric Wright

Eric Wright

Born into this. Oldbie
    As if you could ever improve upon perfection.

[​IMG]