don't click here

Sega released two PS1 games, planned Saturn ports also...

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by MathUser, Aug 12, 2013.

1. MathUser

MathUser

3rd top wiki contributor Researcher
    Apparently, two Sega games were released on PS1 in Japan. And other saturn game ports were announced to be worked on, but I don't think those games have been confirmed. A Sonic 1 2.5D remake is rumored to have been planned.

http://www.assemblergames.com/forums/showthread.php?46681-SEGA-Saturn-games-for-PlayStation-One

Can anyone read this? Might be italian.

[​IMG]

2. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Italian, with that diacritics and shit? No way.

Google translate shows me it's Czech.

3. Molotok

Molotok

Gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha Member
    I concur. It has to be Czech or another Slavic language at the very least, with the obvious exception of Russian and others that primarily use Cyrillic instead of the Latin alphabet. Additionally, it doesn't look Romanian to me, so Czech is as good a bet as any to attempt to machine translate, as Master Emerald has said he has done as a test.

I can guarantee that it isn't Italian or any kind of Western European Romance language (Romanian is a Romance language in Eastern Europe), Germanic, or Scandinavian language.

(Molotok: Your local neighbourhood amateur linguistic expert.)

4. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    But the source post says Croatian.

5. Molotok

Molotok

Gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha Member

Croatian is a South Slavic language.

(In other words, "Nailed it!")

EDIT:

Nope, the "?" gives it away as Czech, not Croatian, just as Master Emerald said he tried via Google Translate. This means that it's in the West Slavic branch instead of the South Slavic branch.

Still nailed it.

6. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    Well yea. It being a Slavic language was obvious from the jump...I dunno wear MathUser got Italian from. Especially since he posted the source himself :v:

7. MathUser

MathUser

Well, I missed that detail when I first skimmed through the topic, but I'd love to see a source on the Sonic 1 2.5D remake.

8. Meat Miracle

Meat Miracle

Researcher
    Those two games released by Sega are just titles they happened to own, but they didn't really develop them. I mean, one of them is fucking Puyo Puyo, they whored out that series to incredible amounts. I bet they even released one for toasters.

I'd say the Pokémon games for the Sega Pico are odder.

9. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    I vaguely recall this rumor, yeah.

Panzer Dragoon Saga on the PS1 would've been sweet, actually. Radiant Silvergun, I vaguely recall, was going to get a PS1 port, but Treasure couldn't get the performance they wanted out of the console, so aborted it (Sega wouldn't have been involved anyway).

10. Yash

Yash

CHOCOLATE! Member
    A shame they never went through with it, those games would be much easier to find nowadays. Especially Panzer Dragoon Saga, good lord.

11. Andlabs

Andlabs

「いっきまーす」 Wiki Sysop
    Writing my own MD/Genesis sound driver :D
    Not even that: it's a rerelease of Puyo Puyo Sun.

The other one is a rhythm gae based on MiniMoni and Shakka tto Tambourine, two licenses Sega held at the time (they released arcade games of the latter).

12. MathUser

MathUser

If they did release some of those Saturn games on PS1 it could have lead to even more re-releases via PSN. Which many would welcome.

13. I recall reading rumors about this in US Playstation magazines, and they mostly talked about the remakes of the Lunar games. (Even though those aren't 1st-party Sega. Course, neither was Compile's Puyo Puyo at the time, but everyone thought of that as a Sega game regardless, too.)

I unfortunately don't recall exactly what issue it was, but I think it was PSM.

14. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    Well that's just dumb, honestly. I'm pretty sure the Lunar remakes and their Working Designs translations were already on PS1 by early 2001.

15. I was talking 1997/1998-era, mind. Before the Dreamcast was out.

16. FuzzballFox

FuzzballFox

Hmmmmm Member
    UK - Hampshire
    Nothing anymore
    Oh wow Sonic R on the Playstation- I remember rumours about that back in the UK Official Playstation mag yeeeeaaaarrrrrsss ago~ :P

17. MathUser

MathUser

If we could get at least one scan that says Sonic R was gonna be ported to PS1, I could make a wiki article on it. So far it's just alot of people saying it was gonna happen. Maybe that's enough but it would be nice to have a magazine scan of some sort.

18. MathUser

MathUser

Well, I made a wiki article about Sonic R on PS1, if anyone could translate the magazine article from Croation I could add it to the wiki page.

http://info.sonicretro.org/Sonic_R_%28Playstation%29

Even if it were a machine translation that would help. I don't know how to make all those symbols on my keyboard so I can't do it myself.

Edit:Someone translated this and it has nothing to do with Sonic R being released. Wiki page deleted:

http://pastebin.com/t9wRq6cs

19. Andlabs

Andlabs

「いっきまーす」 Wiki Sysop
    Writing my own MD/Genesis sound driver :D
    That someone is Sanky, and no, that doesn't just say it has nothing to do with Sonic R, but rather that the journalists just wanted Sonic R to be one of the games ported, and by extension, that this whole thing is, as I had thought from the very beginning, complete and utter bullshit (which I why I refused to comment on it; I refused to damage the wiki's credibility by even giving this "news" a moment's thought). I have no idea what Sega or these journalists were talking about at the time; my best guess is that they heard about Sega going third-party and said "Sega games on PlayStation" instead of "Sega games on PlayStation 2" and miscommunication but really who cares anymore there is nothing to see here move along.

20. FuzzballFox

FuzzballFox

Hmmmmm Member
    UK - Hampshire
    Nothing anymore
    Blah reading all of this makes me wish I knew where all my old mags were...or if I even still have them...THEN I would have to find out WHICH one had the small article..