don't click here

Sonic Lost World (Wii U, 3DS, PC) Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, May 17, 2013.

1. So apparently Iizuka wants to embrace Mario fans with Lost World:

..so this is the reason why the game looks like it has no real identity to me.

2. Plorpus

Plorpus

Hog Blue So What Member
    To be honest it felt like a better Mario game to me than Mario 3D land when I played it. But also a Sonic game.

It's Somari Lost World.

WAIT NO I MEAN ITS TERRIBLE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpF89_ZcANI

3. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    http://www.examiner.com/article/sonic-colors-aims-to-please-mario-fans

In reality, it's just Iizuka being bad at PR again. :ssh:

4. Plorpus

Plorpus

Hog Blue So What Member
    Every time I read an interview where Iizuka says stupid PR shit, I just imagine him being put in front of a microphone and his mind drawing a blank. Just thinking "Shit, shit, shit, what do I say?! Uh... Uh..." and just saying things as they pop into his head.

5. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    That's pretty much it. There's no real "talking head" for the team, other than Aaron.

But getting a quote or several of them from the head honcho of the game makes a better read than a brand manager.

6. Mike Arcade

Mike Arcade

Free Scriber of Mobius Member
    ...yeah, Hitlersaurus Christ has it spot on. I mean the guy has been at Sega for years and all, but when it comes to PR some developers and producers can handle it, or even better be a personality like say Ono from Capcom, Inafune, I could go on, but sadly Iizuka isn't that type of guy. As for this Sonic game being a little bit like a Mario game due to the fact you have to hold a button to run, it sounds really interesting and has never been done in a Sonic game before, I don't think that will become the new normal for Sonic but for this game it'll be good to test that type of control out, hell maybe the Mario and Sonic Crossover game that ISN'T The Olympics may not sound so far off as I originally thought now. I'm liking how this game is turning out, I think it'll be good and do pretty well, I'm looking forward to it.

7. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    So something like

I'm gonna reach for the straws
    Even if they lead to BAWWWWWWWs
    I'm gonna go overthi-I-ink
    Though it may drive me to drink
    Tonight

8. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Step aside Space Harrier, Retro just got a new theme song.

9. Retroman

Retroman

Don't know if serious, or joking.

10. GerbilSoft

GerbilSoft

RickRotate'd. Administrator
    USA
    rom-properties
    Well now that people are whining about SLW getting an E10+ rating, they really *are* reaching for straws. Choice comments from the front page article:

o rly?

See above. Also, it's kinda funny that so-called fans are now whining that Sonic Unleashed sucks, when only a few years ago they were gushing all over it because "ZOMG IT HAS A NAMED ENGINE CALLED HEDGEHOG ENGINE!!!11111"

Again, see above. SLW is not the first (or even the second) E10+ Sonic title, and probably not the last. Besides the point, I thought the general "gamer" consensus was that M meant games were "SUPER HARDCORE AWESOME" while E was "STUPID NINTENDO KIDDY SHIT", so E10+ should be a good thing.

11. P3DR0

P3DR0

b0ss Member
    SONIC INFINITY
    You do realize we now have to finish these lyrics, record it and call it "Retro's Anthem" right?

Also, wasn't Sonic Unleashed also 10+? And quite honestly the "darkest" part of that game was that whole "people getting possessed" deal, and even there it was goofy enough not to be any scary, imagine that with the writing that made Colors so great and you probably won't shit your pants after the red villain tells Sonic he is going to die, and Sonic doing something like jumping on top of his head and saying something in the lines of "huh, you're harder to deafeat than a badnik, but just as dumb as one".

12. Candescence

Candescence

Sydney, Australia
    3D Indie Stuff
    Well, I was hating on Sonic Unleashed before hating on it was cool. :colbert:

13. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    I'm not sure if I'd call it the "darkest" part, but don't forget the end when Dark Gaia spewed Green Ketchup out of his body to grow additional arms. :p

14. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    >ignoring Super Sonic's killing blow on Perfect Dark Gaia.

Well, okay.

15. Molotok

Molotok

Gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha Member
    [/thread]

ITT: Insta-bitching, diarrhea waves of crap all over the game, and "STAY AWAY FROM MUH SONIKKU, YOU F'ING MARIO CASUAL!!!"

[​IMG]

16. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    EDIT: Trash plex, video got removed so theres no point in this post.

17. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Guys don't reupload, it's the internet nobody reuploads things on the internet.

18. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    >Not for reupload
    >gets reuploaded anyway

Thank you, Internet. :v:

19. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    Why is the video quality so low? 240p is horrible.

20. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Because whoever captured it did a shitty job.

http://www.twitch.tv/thesonicshow/b/440100897

it's 6 hours, 6 mins in.