don't click here

Sonic Lost World (Wii U, 3DS, PC) Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, May 17, 2013.

1. Tiller

Tiller

HDK & World Runner
    Is that the air dash? Ha.

http://nintendoenthusiast.com/21316/sonic-lost-world-originally-not-exclusive/

Which sounds par the course with game development. But until the 3 game exclusivity deal Lost World was just strutting its stuff on PC. Doesn't change the problems I have with the gameplay but man it would have been cool to see the artstyle with even more visual fidelity.

2. GerbilSoft

GerbilSoft

RickRotate'd. Administrator
    USA
    rom-properties
    Gamers seem to be completely surprised whenever it's revealed that games aren't developed by running Visual Studio directly on the console, and that they're actually developed by cross-compiling on a PC. This keeps happening again and again.

Next thing you know, people will be bitching and whining because Sonic 1 (2013) was developed using a PC instead of written and compiled directly on an iPhone.

3. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    WHY IS THERE NO PC VERSION :argh:

People are yelling this because they don't understand how programming works.

4. Nova

Nova

Or exclusivity deals. It's the same deal with Bayonetta 2.

5. Sploit

Sploit

Is there a release date for Bayonetta 2 yet?

6. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    2014. Also it's exclusive to Wii U because Nintendo is publishing and funding it, not just because of some exclusivity deal.

7. Arique

Arique

SHUWATCH! Member
    We got an ESRB Rating. It's E10+.
    But that's not all! This game will feature great dialog between Sonic and the Baddies, including...
    “You're going home in a box!”
    "I'm going to skin you alive!"
    "I long for death's cold embrace."
    + - "I'll get fat from eating your black hearts"   (Spoiled this one just in case it reveals one of plot points of the game.)
    "One second you're contemplating genocide..."
    "As long as I can still strangle a Zeti, my hands are fine."

8. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    Uh... huh.

This game's looking significantly darker than the past games. Don't know if I like? Because as long as it's more Slade from Teen Titans cartoon villain-esque as in they have a motive and they're not dark for the sake of being dark, and less, well, Gerald Robotnik or "villain who's the baddest badguy you've ever seen who hates everyone rah rah" parody of a cartoon villain-esque, because I can see the writers overdoing that. A lot. That and, like I said with Gerald, the last time this series tried to go dark it had a whole library of loose ends and contradictions to itself, so...

9. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    You're all likely reading into this a bit far.

10. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    This. Apparently Ken Pontac and Warren Graff are writing it again, so I wouldn't expect it to be much darker than Sonic Colours and Generations.

11. Tiller

Tiller

HDK & World Runner
    So can we assume "Zeti" is either some sort of enemy or the name of the Deadly 6's species? Sounds like something Knuckles would say after getting pissed off. I need the hear the delivery and context, but hopefully this means they're improving the banter with these new guys. We're still not sure what makes them "powerful" or "deadly" but they sure do seem intent on making Sonic dead and aren't beating around the bush with the even more kiddy friendly "I'll destroy you."

It could be worse.
    That tornado is carrying a car!

12. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    I have a feeling the Time Eater will return!

Also Zeit in german means 'time'.

13. Retroman

Retroman

I have a feeling that the defeated bosses of all parts will form together to create a final boss at the end of the game.

14. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    I have a feeling that you guys are really reaching for straws.

15. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Zeti is the name of one of the bad dudes/dudettes. We got all of their names around E3 through some press vault I think, though I can never remember any of them. They all start with "Z", though.

16. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Actually, Zeti isn't one of them, so maybe it is what their species is called. Their names are Zavok (red), Zazz (purple), Zeena (green), Zik (blue), Zomom (orange), Zor (white with purple hair). Or maybe one or more of their names have changed during development.

17. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Must. find. way. to hate. game. Be. anti. hype.

>Wii U

Mission Complete :specialed:

18. Welp, another pissy short, motion sickness inducing game. Because Sonic Colours didn't suck bad enough. But I suppose this is what you 'fans' get. I'd rather play Sonic 06. At least it had some 3D platforming and exploration and wasn't vomit inducing like this. Ahh how I miss the days of full 3D ala Sonic Adventure(s)

19. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    This is what I read and I'm sorry.

20. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    I like how the sarcasm in this is implying that full 3D and bigger/longer games is a bad thing.

But yeah this sounds like normal Ken Pontac fare, considering his history on MadWorld and Happy Tree Friends. I'm doubting the story is gonna be any bigger than Colors, but it'd be nice if it was, admittedly.