don't click here

Summer of Sonic 2013

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Overlord, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

DON'T TRUST THIS MAN Member
    Funnily enough, I had the same plan for this year. I almost got a few seconds of smoke time with him in Brighton. Enough for a quick nod of 'hello' before he made his escape anyway.
    Guess I'll have to stalk him like a weirdo for the duration of the day see if I can catch him when he goes out.

At least with SoS being in London this year, I can check out the 'Heart of Gaming' arcade centre the day before to lose horribly at Street Fighter III and VF5. Awesome.

2. Nova

Nova

HoG looks a bit more central than I initially thought - it might be worth seeing if we can include it on our post-SoS hangover barcade. :v:

3. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

Sounds ideal. Also, in a misguided attempt to keep it Sonic related. My friend who frequently goes there for DDR/ITG events told me the chap in charge has a MAME cabinet for more unusual arcade requests. I'm not outright implying we should do something stupid like play Sonic the Fighters, or trackball it up on SegaSonic Arcade, but that's certainly an option at this venue.

4. NiktheGreek

NiktheGreek

Grumpy old bastard Oldbie
    Writing for the best video game magazine in the world
    For some reason, I did audio clips of a couple of his English utterances from the last interview I did with him. "Ah Sonic Retro" and "It is hard to say..."

I also got Jun Senoue saying "But, uh, they denied!"

Don't ask me, man. I do strange stuff when I have time on my hands.

5. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

Was that from the last London SoS in 2011, or was that the 2012 one? I recall hearing at the pub after the Brighton event from whichever Retro member did the Iizuka interview last year, that he did an amazing job at dodging questions with wonderfully open answers.

Still, the thought of Iizuka saying "Ah- Sonikku Returo" sounds amazing. Surely that should be the welcome sound-clip before the main page loads. :v:

6. Rosiero

Rosiero

Mmph! Oldbie
    Better yet, put that in ROM hacks from now on instead of the Space Harrier theme. :v:

7. NiktheGreek

NiktheGreek

Grumpy old bastard Oldbie
    Writing for the best video game magazine in the world
    I did the interviews on both occasions. Entirely by coincidence, I discovered a photo of 2011 earlier:

[​IMG]

(And yes, Iizuka answers like a politician.)

8. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    So fellas.

If any of you are interested in repping Retro at SoS and covering the event for us, shoot me a PM. We'll talk about press passes.

9. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
  10. Overlord

Overlord

Long-term happiness
    Bump

Guys, ideally we need to iron out some last minute details for SoS - would everyone be OK with hopping onto the BadnikNET IRC at 9pm on Thursday, channel #sos2013 ?

11. Neowl

Neowl

feels good man Member
    London, England
    SAIL HATAN
    I'm fine with that, OL. It's really crept up fast this year, hasn't it?

12. Sploit

Sploit

What is everyone most looking forward to? :)

13. Orengefox

Orengefox

Snooping as usual... Researcher
    Right in front of my computer.
    Some artwork, a ZZT game, and a hack.
    At long last, Jen and I have an update and it's good news all around. We'll be making our way to London Friday night. So we'll be able to hang out with everyone for a short while Friday night, enjoy Summer of Sonic with everyone on Saturday and do the usual Retro UK Barcade Run with everyone on Sunday.

Jen and I won't be able to get online straight away. We should be able to at 9:30PM at the very earliest. Failing that, 9:45PM at the very latest. In any case, that's fine.

14. Overlord

Overlord

Long-term happiness
    That's OK, we can kick it back to 9:45 if everyone's fine with that.

15. Nova

Nova

I'm cool with that. Will only be on for like, half an hour though as I have early start at work on Friday.

16. Overlord

Overlord

Long-term happiness
    That should be fine. I'm not expecting it to take all that long.

17. Overlord

Overlord

Long-term happiness
    Bump

Just a reminder about the IRC discussion tonight at 9:45pm, be there if you can (#sos2013 on irc.badnik.net). If not, don't fret too much, we'll likely go over what we discuss tonight at the pub on Friday evening anyway. =P

18. Overlord

Overlord

Long-term happiness
    Right, heading off shortly - will see you all on Saturday morning in queue, I think I have a complete list of everyone. The tl;dr of the meeting is essentially "see you in the queue" =P

19. Neowl

Neowl

feels good man Member
    London, England
    SAIL HATAN
    Awesome. I hope you have a good time in the pub tonight with Jen, Orenge, and whoever else decides to show. I'll see you all tomorrow!

20. Nova

Nova

LEAVING NOW, WOOOOOOOO. Save my place in queue. :v: