don't click here

The Supreme Topic of 'Other' Knowledge.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by McGuirk, Jan 10, 2007.

1. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    While searching for a picture of Classic Sonic I came across an article written by the sun talking about Sonic 1 being released for the ios. Well here's the article, notice anything off? They've used someone's fan made 2.5D image of Green Hill Zone in their article... :v: Kind of reminds me of when someone posted that news report about autistic adults getting jobs and they shown Hez's fangame footage instead of official Sonic the Hedgehog footage... Didn't Andrew75 make that?

2. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    He sure did.

3. Vendettagainst

Vendettagainst

Apparently shooting kills things Member
    Especially if you're going to do the competition stages, but not an entire game.

4. Mercury

Mercury

His Name Is Sonic Tech Member
    Location Location
    AeStHete
    To add another dimension to the whole Genocide City / Cyber City debate, there's actually an anime / manga called Genocyber (trigger warning: it's full of extreme graphic violence, even for anime). It's from 1993 so it can't have influenced Sonic 2, but it might be evidence that the two words are associated in Japanese culture. Much like how they associate "battalion" with zombies, even going so far as to use the word to mean zombie, all because a zombie movie with that title was popular.

5. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    No I don't think that's evidence of that at all. Genocide and Cyber are two entirely different words with two entirely different, unrelated meanings. Not even tangentially related, like how you could have a battalion of zombies.

6. Twimfy

Twimfy

UK
    Sonic the Comic stuff
    As someone who recently dabbled in a Sonic based Kickstarter project I can safely say that she needs to tread very carefully legally. I can see a cease and desist heading her way. I didn't get one but after some research I realised that there was a high risk of it.

She's just flat out not allowed to do this.

7. Vinchenz

Vinchenz

Yo! Hustle! Hustle! Member
    She's not the only one to do it, though. I know Brawl in the Family sells their comics as books and even have a Dedede Plushie to be sold. Backloggery has sold T-Shirts and plushies with characters that aren't Goombas but are tottally Goombas.

And I know I've seen tons of video game memorabilia being sold that I know for a fact that they're not licenced to do. I guess its just a grey area where if its hand made its sort-of, kind of OK (But not really).

8. Flipside

Flipside

Hey, I found something interesting while playing Sonic Adventure 2 on my PS3. I didn't buy the gamecube bonus content, but it still looks like the gamecube version.

I was playing Cannon's Core Hard Mode (from the Last Story). I played the Mystic Melody with Eggman, then Rouge the Bat, then Knuckles the Echidna...
    With Sonic, I got to the area with the yellow liquid flowing, but I didn't see a line of spawned rings to light-dash across.
    When I went down the backwards waterway, I did find a time-stop-clock that was never there before.
    When I hit the time-stop thing, I could spin-dash on the water. They made it so you could spin-dash off a slope and do an air-dash to get to 5 extra lives.

Here's where it gets interesting... I spindashed across the time-stop thing and kept going until it went off-screen. I did it in such a way that the time-stop was permanent, and not just like 5 seconds. Also, near the end of the waterslide thing, the game refuses to let you jump. I was right next to an Artificial Chaos and I couldn't jump to attack him. He got lucky this time...... They obviously did it so you couldn't jump and miss the goal ring.

Any body else know you could glitch the clock or about the no-jumping area?

Oh yeah, I just found that one in Sonic 1. Knew about the Sonic3K one a while. In Sonic3K, it actually makes you push it faster than normal. :)

9. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    Doesn't everybody? I personally do it with the one under the P-100, just past the door you need to kill the enemies to open.

10. JaredAFX

JaredAFX

You telling me a shrimp fried this rice? Member
    Florida
    Downloading megahertz
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbVZPu_JM6I&feature=em-uploademail

Another Smooth McGroove cover of a Sonic song. This time it's Green Hill, and it (obviously) sounds awesome.

EDIT: Should have put this in the Random Internet Shit topic. ARRRRRRGH. Whatever.

11. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

DON'T TRUST THIS MAN Member
    It does seem a little overly-defensive.
    One guess of mine is that she's not familiar enough with Sonic CD, but possibly doesn't want to admit as such.

At this point, it's much easier to just imply "I could if I wanted to, but I don't feel like it. So stop asking." To minimize risk of attempting, and then falling flat.
    That's just one guess though. I could be horrifically wrong..

A lot of it depends on how much of the comic's jokes are freshly thought up, or simply random musings she had as a kid, playing the original titles. In which case, I could see Sonic CD having a hard time fitting in with that if she didn't get to play it until much later in life.

12. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    She might not have any memories or nostalgia associated with Sonic CD and just might not want to make any comics out of it. A lot of us didn't get the opportunity to play Sonic CD until later, and at least in my case when I finally got to play it, I was treated to that god awful US Soundtrack.

13. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    The two $600+ backers should just have her do Sonic CD levels. There, everyone wins. :v:

You bite your Goddamn tongue.

14. Espyo

Espyo

Portugal, Porto, some street
    A Pikmin fan engine - Pikifen (https://pikminfanon.com/Pikifen)
    Some days ago, I read the wiki's Spin Dash article, and it said that in the classic games, if you hold up and tap jump a split-second after you release your Spin Dash, you'll go really fast both forwards and upwards. This cannot be right. At all. I don't remember anything like this, and I'm pretty sure I never saw it on Tool-Assisted Speedruns.
    I said on the talk page that I'd remove that if nobody contested, after a few days, and I'm gonna do that now. You can check the edit history on both the page and the talk page for more info.
    But the thing is, what if I'm the most idiotic person in this world? What if this is an actual, obvious thing, and my massive lobotomy just isn't allowing me to understand it? That's why I decided to post about this supposed technique here. Any comments, confirmations, debunks?

15. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    The only themes from the US version I like are the end of act theme (which sounds more Sonic than the JP one) and the boss theme, but that's not to say I prefer it to the JP one, they're just different. The rest though, no.

16. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    I will end you. :argh:

17. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Because you know he's right? ;P

18. JaredAFX

JaredAFX

You telling me a shrimp fried this rice? Member
    Florida
    Downloading megahertz
    I'm getting flashbacks to that Sonic CD commentary you did with FTA and SonicMovies :specialed:/>

19. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Okaaaaaaay...

[​IMG]

Was this cover ever used? or was it just a pre-release thing?

Also, what was that music CD they were offering?

20. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I think that cover is them zooming in on Spinball's cover and throwing in a horribly drawn (even by US early 90s Sonic standards it's bad, it doesn't fit with the art) arm and hand in there.

EDIT: God $70? And people complain that today's games cost $60 even though they have 1700x more content in them.