don't click here

Sonic ATS - Released!

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by LakeFeperd, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Tiberious

Tiberious

Yeah, I'm furry. Got a problem? Oldbie
    A second playthrough, this time in Story mode, revealed some bugs:

1) The Bonus tally doesn't work, period. You get absolutely nothing added to your score after completing an act.

2) Finishing Story mode after Classic mode, even with 7 emeralds, re-locks the true final stage in Stage Select.

3) With the spike shield (and the magician powerup, which is when I noticed it, but I've seen it happen without), enemies around Sonic seem to spontaneously die. This was noticed as early as the first Zone, with the Sonic CD caterpillar enemies.

4) Hitboxes for some enemies need tweaked. If an enemy looks like it will pass harmlessly under Sonic, like in Red Hot Ride, then you should be able to stand on the platform above it, and not get hit.

2. Mr Lange

Mr Lange

A wise guy eh. I know how to DEAL with wise guys. Member
    The Land of Waldos
    Sonic Utopia, Sonic Overture
    1) Lake didn't want this fixed. We've known about it since BTS, which does the same thing. You're always going to get a completely irrelevant score, the most common being between 9000 and 10100. He figured score is pointless and no one would give a shit. I said it exists so people can do score runs as a challenge. He still didn't care.

2) That's one of those things that's easy to overlook. Just have to go with it.

3) I noticed that too. It makes it impossible to complete the bubble chains in Foliage Furnace, because they just die before you hit them. Brought it up a while back, I thought Lake fixed that.

4) I thought about that when playing Redhot Ride. The wide spiked enemies sweep slowly under some platforms, but you'll still get hit. Can't remember if the spikes slightly poke out above the platforms. If they do, I'd say it counts.

Bug reporting is useless now though. Lake will never release an updated build. I offered many times to fix a great deal of these bugs during development, but he refused. Never gave me a reason.

3. Tiberious

Tiberious

Yeah, I'm furry. Got a problem? Oldbie
    Strange. I guess the Metal Sonic boss exploit stays too: just move to the left as you ascend, and let Sonic jump right into him. Gets all but one hit that way, and you can just spin dash to finish him since he stands there long enough.

Edit: Thankfully, just loading the Classic Mode game (right to the ending) opens the true final zone back up in Level Select.

4. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    The soundtrack got some more love on Destructoid!

http://www.destructoid.com/sonic-after-the-sequel-fan-game-has-the-best-music-ever-257705.phtml

5. LakeFeperd

LakeFeperd

Spark the electric jester
    OOPS, wrong thread.

aaannywaay... it's nice that the game is getting quite popular.

6. Tiller

Tiller

HDK & World Runner
    Tony really digs the soundtrack and game. He's posted it twice so far. I personally think that he's the only guy on there looking at fanwork stuff. He posts all the Megaman fangame news too.

7. Mr Lange

Mr Lange

The Land of Waldos
    Tiller are you going to be doing a review for Sonic ATS?
    And what of the livestream? I missed that.

8. Tiller

Tiller

HDK & World Runner
    I think you are mistaking me for someone else. I've never livestreamed and all I do is make random videos of stuff. I thought you music guys already hopped into a live stream with someone when it launched?

9. Falk

Falk

A bunch of us hopped on and off (as time allowed) on to MegaGWolf's stream pretty much on an impromptu basis as it was happening. Planned stream? None has been done so far.

*cough*GeneHF*cough*

10. Mr Lange

Mr Lange

The Land of Waldos
    You are MegaGWolf right? You did a great review for the ATS demo, but there was hardly anything to review.
    Wondering if you're going to do a proper review now for the full game.
    And if you are MegaGWolf, you had a livestream with Lake, which you uploaded a fragment of. Was wondering if we'd ever get the full thing.

11. Tiller

Tiller

HDK & World Runner

I.....I think I know where you got me confused.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My avatar/signature combo is based off one of Megas XLR's main characters named Coop. MegaGWolf bares a striking resemblance both IRL and his youtube avatar. That shit's uncanny.

12. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    My GOD I never realized that until now! How did I not see this before?!?!

13. Mr Lange

Mr Lange

The Land of Waldos
    Goddammit.

14. Falk

Falk

Just a quick note that we updated the mp3 and flac releases. Nothing major, just a couple of tagging corrections while the audio streams and filenames remain identical. (meaning if we ever get around to making a torrent the older release will get you to ~95% instantly and just update the files)

If you're OCD you probably would want to redownload it. Right now the two pseudo-official links that have the right files are both linked to from the google sites front page. If you're hosting a mirror, I'd be much obliged if you can update this. I know having it be the same filename can get confusing but it was such a minor change that I didn't think it was worth it to break the dozens of links people have put up all over the internet, so word-of-mouth will have to do.

http://www.cyphergate.net/falk/Sonic_After_the_Sequel_Original_Sound_Track_mp3.zip
    http://exelica.dreamhosters.com/Sonic_After_the_Sequel_Original_Sound_Track_FLAC.zip

Still trying to get a mac version with cutscenes working - some people I know have a few more tricks to try before we call it quits - (since we now know that specifically updating flash plugin for Internet Explorer makes ATS work properly on PC, that gave us a lead)

Also that mini-release (not gonna call it an album) that have all the separate loops for the dynamic music from both BTS and ATS should be out 'soon'. Stuff like the Star Shores fuzzy alternates, Titanic Tower lights-out alternates, the loops for Moon Mansion boss, etc.

15. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    So Falk, biggest question you'll ever get:

Where's the full version of Additional Pylons? :colbert:/>

16. winterhell

winterhell

I'm afraid it wont make it the next Video Game Orchestra soundtrack.

17. Mr Lange

Mr Lange

The Land of Waldos
    SECONDED.
    I DEMAND A FULL VERSION OF ADDITIONAL PYLONS AND THERE AIN'T NO GETTIN' OFFA THIS TRAIN WE'RE ON.

18. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    I would just like you to know that because of your post, I heard World's Largest Pogo Stick in my head as if it were performed by an orchestra.

And now I hate you very much because such a thing will likely never actually happen.

19. Blivsey

Blivsey

Charismatic Sonicaholic Member
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeFc9PnYGxo[/youtube]

What with so many levels in ATS being inspired by Heroes, I'm surprised I didn't use the game sooner. Making up for it by giving you a full zone to enjoy. I considered using a trainer to cut Knuckles from the team, but decided against it.

I won't be doing any more of these videos, though.

20. MegaGWolf

MegaGWolf

England
    Yeah I do plan on doing a video for it at some point, been kinda swamped lately so I've not had a chance to really work on it.

Also what just happened here with the mix up was amazing, you made my morning.