don't click here

Summer of Sonic 2013

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Overlord, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Neowl

Neowl

feels good man Member
    London, England
    SAIL HATAN
    So, it looks like I secured a ticket. Good stuff. I look forward to meeting fellow Retro attendees next month!

Did anyone else have any luck with Wave 2?

Edit:

So, it looks as if the tickets sold out this time in 7 SECONDS, making it 13 second overall for the 900 allocated tickets. Phew, that's going some!

2. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Sonic the Hedgehog Extended Edition
    Ticket get. Had a brief heart-attack at 17:59:58 when it gave a Bad Gateway, but it refreshed and all was lovely. :>

3. D.A. Garden

D.A. Garden

Sonic CD's Sound Test Member
    It seems that even though I like technology, it doesn't like me. I was too late on the submission form last year and this year, the page wouldn't reload quick enough to allow my submission to be made on time. It may be my fault due to using a 6 yr old netbook but I still tried and there''s not much else I could do. A shame really.

That being said, I hope you guys enjoy the fun and also take advantage of the prospect of increasing your Sonic merchandise's value. :v:

EDIT: It seems the universe took a Nova shaped punch in the face when it came to my Summer of Sonic submission as I am now attending. See you there, guys!

4. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    ~69 tickets a second. Christ. Still, looks like just about everyone from Retro who wanted one has got one, so in that respect it's already worked out better than last year.

5. Nova

Nova

Due to rushing to grab tickets for people who hadn't otherwise secured them, add D.A. Garden and Blanche to the list of attendees.

EDIT: Also, if you still didn't secure a ticket, fret not. I'm sure due to duplicate tickets and people reserving slots for others, there will probably be some extra tickets left to be issued. A bonus wave is, at this point, fairly inevitable.

EDIT #2: On the accommodation front, myself and Nik are now sorted.

6. Blanche Hodapp

Blanche Hodapp

*urp* Eternal Queen
    I was so busy with work I didn't even know the tickets had been released, but apparently young Nova managed to bag me a ticket somehow (probably by agreeing to poledance for the management, you all know what he's like!)

And as of this morning I've booked my room for the weekend. Unfortunately for Nik that means he'll be sharing a building with me :D

My next question is, anyone arriving on Friday night? I don't really want to spend the whole evening on my own =P

7. Neowl

Neowl

feels good man Member
    London, England
    SAIL HATAN
    I'm a Londoner, Blanche. I'm sure I can head out for a wee tipple/evening festivities if needs be. Same goes for any early arrive-rs.

8. Overlord

Overlord

Long-term happiness
    I definitely will be - my accommodation is all sorted, too. A little birdie tells me there's a strong possibility at least two other people will be in the area too. And of course Cinossu, who is a Londoner himself =P

9. Nova

Nova

Don't thank me! I may have been the intermediary but the benefactor is someone else entirely... :D

Will be kind of cool with you, Nik and myself in the same building.

Fuck you guys, making me wish I booked a two-night stay.

Oh well, we're still doing the yearly 'post-SoS Sonic Retro hangover barcade', right?

10. Overlord

Overlord

Long-term happiness
    Of course, goes without saying =P

11. Jen

Jen

#lapidot Moderator
    England
    Various drawings
    Oh, I wonder who they could be? ;)

Yeah, Orenge and I might be there on the Friday night, but we need to wait and see what happens with something first. The hotel room is booked for both Friday and Saturday night anyway, just in case - we'd rather have the room booked for both nights and then have the option to cancel a night if needs be.

12. Sploit

Sploit

I hope they have some Sonic Team developers there as guests again this year. :v:

13. Nova

Nova

As long as we bypass the seemingly yearly tradition of 'let's try Namco Station'.

Fuck those guys. :colbert:

14. Blanche Hodapp

Blanche Hodapp

*urp* Eternal Queen
    Duh, Lyceum Tavern again!

15. I've been speaking with Nova on facebook regarding this. Sorry I've missed out (again. Sigh.) Money / Job / Life is a bit all over the place for myself at the moment.

I've made a promise that I'll head up a Retro UK meet up though at some point, when my finances are better suited. I do kinda miss the craziness of TRUE SONIC FAN's and pseudo-CulT-Pryde. =P

Enjoy the event though folks.

16. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Sonic the Hedgehog Extended Edition
    Lyceum Tavern pre and post-party, methinks. :P Also, as long as work isn't too stupid-busy, I should be able to get to any fun happenings on the Friday.

17. Rosie

Rosie

aka Rosie Member
    Totally forgot again haha! I'll be around for bevs if I have or can have some time off work.

18. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

DON'T TRUST THIS MAN Member
    Whahey. Looks like Iizuka is officially confirmed once again to be throwing himself onto the streets of London for the amusement of his fans. Always good. :D

Either way, it'll be awesome to see any of you Retro crew there at SoS again. Last time I got as far as having a pint with <insert people from Sonic Retro who attended last year's SoS as I am terrible at matching forum>, but had to skip out early. You're usually the most level-headed, decent people I see on the day.

(Double apologies for sounding like a complete stranger. This is what happens when I haven't posted on here in bloody ages except to throw praise you all.)

19. Nova

Nova

Fuck yeah, Iizuka. Maybe I'll get another cigarette with him in this year, if I haven't quit smoking by then.

I always seem to go out for one just when he has. Unfortunately it's all I can do to borrow his lighter and stand in the approximate area - dude doesn't speak a bit of English.

20. Neowl

Neowl

feels good man Member
    London, England
    SAIL HATAN
    Of course, you could always through a "domo-arigato" or similar his way if he does offer up a flame, I'm sure I'd do the same ;).

The Iizuka news has made my day! As I was unable to attend for the past couple of years, I've missed out on the chances to meet the devs. NOT ANY MORE!
    It's just a shame I don't have any games/paraphernalia from his era of the series - I think it may be a tad cheeky to get him to sign my Sonic 2 baseball jacket patch.