don't click here

Sonic Lost World (Wii U, 3DS, PC) Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, May 17, 2013.

1. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Bump.

So Sonic Lost World is playable at Summer of Sonic and Sonic Boom 2013.

So, if anyone here at Retro is going to go there and record l33tproskilz footage, take a minute to look over these guidelines by Cooljerk because its pretty much what the community wants to see in game footage that we never get to see in events like E3 and such:

2. Tiller

Tiller

HDK & World Runner
    ^ In particular it would be great if we could get footage of what is possible when running/spindashing in order to keep pace.

3. 1stKirbyever

1stKirbyever

It's a shame I don't have the money for a flight otherwise I'd go down to Sonic Boom to meet everyone. Hopefully we see some fantastic footage though!

4. Mystical Ninja

Mystical Ninja

For old time's sake. Oldbie
    New Castle, Delaware
    Nothing that concerns this place in the least.
    Bah, it's probably just the E3 demo again. Been there, done that. If they happen to show us something we haven't seen already, only then will I be interested.

5. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    I'll try my best to record some awesome footage for you guys, Lanzer was it you that posted that guideline over at SSMB? Because someone did over there. xP I know not to record the controller, who does that anyway it's dumb. :v: Also I'll have my gf record me play seeing how I can't use one hand to play the game and hold my phone. xD Then I'll tell you how the game plays here, not on camera I promise. ;)

6. Mr Lange

Mr Lange

A wise guy eh. I know how to DEAL with wise guys. Member
    The Land of Waldos
    Sonic Utopia, Sonic Overture
    THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU A BILLION FUCKING TIMES THANK YOU

7. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Yeah but that usually doesn't happen because

1. people who play a lot of games often spend more time playing games that are not platformers than games that are
    2. sonic has always been focused on memorization
    3. it's a new game and nobody has more than a vague sense of what they're doing -- I mean we've seen a million and one gameplay videos of those 3 stages, though, so we might get a few videos of people who play it actually doing well, but we also won't be seeing much of any new content

Honestly, I'd rather see someone who's not as good at these games try to play it if only because I want to see if the game is at all workable without significant memorization (I know I constantly rant about Unleashed in here, but seriously, that one was awful!)

8. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    We already have direct feed footage of the E3 demo, so assuming this will be the same demo filming gameplay isn't necessary.

9. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    I'd have done it, but certain circumstances have arisen and I'd rather save my money for surviving out on my own than to go play a demo for about five minutes.

I don't know. Situation keeps changing but let's just go with "Not happening."

Of course, if anyone else wants to the be The Official Unofficial Sonic Retro Rep and do this, hit me up.

10. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Maybe, but I would like to see a real Sonic fan take ahold of this game and see what they can do, random E3 players falling and losing control has not given this game justice. plus theres stuff we can go into more detail with that isn't shown in simple playthroughs (physics, special moves, etc.).

^^Tiller gave us an example of what hasn't been shown yet that some of us would like to see.^^

Heh, thank [member='Cooljerk'], hes the one who wrote those commandments. :p

Possibly, but like I said I would like to see it played the right way by us fans. I say if someone is going to record give yourself an hour of going back to play it over and over to get a feel for it before you start recording.

Yep, pretty much. The Zero motif pretty much gives it away as to who I'am there.

11. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    One thing Cooljerk forgot to mention, is hold your camera the fuck still. Even if the camera's on the screen at all times, most of the people holding the cameras must have Parkinsons or something, because they're all over the place. You don't need a tripod, just hold still, it isn't that hard.

12. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    I can all but guarantee it will be the E3 demo. Sonic 4 & Colours were at SoS 2010, Generations was in 2011 (I think? Might have been the XBL/PSN demo, though that was a special oneoff and again, just the most recent demo, not a SoS-specific build), ASRT was in 2012.

13. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    EDIT: Let me clairify, I'm sure its going to be either the E3 or TGS demos, seeing as its close to TGS by the time these events roll around (month away isn't that far apart to have a another demo ready). hopefully its TGS but if its just E3, reffer to my quote below:

14. BuffaloWilder

BuffaloWilder

One of these men cannot be right. Member
    I will say, one thing I definitely like about Lost World is its unique aesthetic, and specifically because it's not like anything we've seen from the series previously - just like Generations set itself apart from Colors, and Colors from Unleashed before that, Sega is showing a real willingness towards allowing each game to look as much like its own unique entity as possible. And, so long as they're all standalone titles, I just love that. I'm saying this because I just visited the Sonic Stadium forums for like the second time ever, and there's just so much whining over there about which art-style is 'most appropriate" for the series. These types of aggressively tunnel-visioned fanboys are everywhere and, it's like - man, if these guys had their way, we'd only ever have one flavor of Batman, or James Bond, or . . .well, take your pick, I guess. It'd be very unfortunate.

For my part, I like this aesthetic because it's taking the geometric, abstract aesthetic of the Genesis games and moving in the exact opposite direction - where those games tried to realize those types of dreamlike and surreal environments through as much texture and detail as the system could manage, Lost World is reducing it and taking it further into the realm of pop-art and cartooniness. And, that's really cool.

15. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
  16. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG

Oldbie
    I'll be there. Flying out to SDCC for the first time, when Ironically Sonic Boom will be in my home state this year.

17. So basically Sonic Boom is playable everywhere across the country except the Northeast?

Cool... :(

18. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    South and Southeast as well.

I mean, most of it is a desolate wasteland and a product of incest, but that sucks for Miami. :v:

19. Retroman

Retroman

According to common-sense, it doesn't make sense. Wii U is a console, right?

Like Xbox one, Playstation 4, right?

Well, except with less powerful components, but more powerful in comparison to a Wii vs an Xbox 360.

If the developers aren't making online multiplayer for the Wii U, I will try to conjure a curse from thine's anus upon their lives and forever make them regret that decision.

Because, really, I'd love a customizable feature that lets you race with characters like Shadow like Sonic and the Secret Rings, but if they are restricting it to hand-held consoles, then BAH! It's like eating dinner without the delicious snack and dessert (OH GOD, THE PUN LEVEL >< IT CLOGS THE BRAIN!)

If they don't fix on the tight movement and make Sonic controllable, they will receive much suck because people expect a good game that's replayable and it doesn't piss you off and that anyone can just pickup and easily control. You could get abilities that makes it suitable for fans.

20. qwertysonic

qwertysonic

creating the biggest sonic collection
    Nintendo is not the smartest videogame company, but at least they understand that the purpose of videogames is to facilitate social interaction between your friends, not to sit in your mother's basement and curse at 10-year-olds who claim to sleep with said mother. Lost worlds doesn't need online multiplayer, people just need to make friends and videogames are a good way to do that.