don't click here

Sonic ATS - Released!

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by LakeFeperd, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Mr Lange

Mr Lange

A wise guy eh. I know how to DEAL with wise guys. Member
    The Land of Waldos
    Sonic Utopia, Sonic Overture
    The game isn't perfect, I can't attest to why that happened. I beat all of the special stages without shields without too much trouble, they're not supposed to be that easy anyways. I think you're overlooking the point of the game now.

2. Tiberious

Tiberious

Yeah, I'm furry. Got a problem? Oldbie
    Well, having gotten through it, finally, when I went back, the first time I tried to take a flame shield in, it let me. But after that, the next two times I tried, it was stripped. I'm guessing it has to do with the inconsistent ability to take shields into the next stage, I'd imagine, as when I came out of the special stage to Technology Tree 2, it stayed with me. It just feels like the rules need to be consistent, not making me guess what it's going to do.

Finally, Storm Station 2 and 3 are cheap as hell. That is all.

3. S0LV0

S0LV0

Sonic Generations Helpdesk Tech Member
    Spagonia
    Abusing SMPS
    I don't find it any less cheap than S&K's Death Egg Zone.

4. Mr Lange

Mr Lange

The Land of Waldos
    I agree with it being cheap lol but that hasn't made Storm Station any less enjoyable for me.
    In particular the lightning grids and red energy gimmick contribute greatly to its "cheapness".

5. Faseeh

Faseeh

https://soundcloud.com/gottagofas/tranquil-forest-for-foliage

I wanted to do a tribute to the amazing game and OST.

I tried my best. (When I did this, I mean, it's kinda old.) Hope you like it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The game is pretty entertaining, besides cheap enemy placements at times. The OST is amazing and this whole deal is really good for a free-ware thing.

6. Vrantheo

Vrantheo

"Find Next Beat" Member
    Why don't you just make it a web seed and crowdsource the rest via torrent?

7. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    So this week I finally had the pleasure of playing this game, and I must say, I had a great time doing so! At first, I had to adjust to the 'heavy' Sonic Worlds physics thing, but after that I had a lot of fun! The game was really charming in its storytelling and cut-scenes; I really like how they slightly expanded on the characters' personalities at times (Sonic being hopped up on cocaine sugar, Tails being afraid of going into Moon Mansion, etc.). I also love some of the original tropes, and interesting gimmicks you've created, like the ghosts you have to moonwalk through in Moon Mansion (I literally laughed aloud when I got the pun), or the blue springs. To be honest, Ross's post had me a little nervous about the glitches, but I really didn't encounter that many of them at all (the only notable one I encountered, was a faulty air bubble in Sugar Splash, but the same one worked every time thereafter said death).

I'm also quite glad I waited for the game's release to listen to the wonderful soundtrack everyone was posting about; it was nothing short of amazing, and so full of soul, and character. Good luck with Chrono Adventure, can't wait to try it! *goes back to hunting star rings*

EDIT: Forgot to mention that all of Storm Station played in slow motion for me (possibly because of the amount of graphics displayed in the stage?).

8. Mr Lange

Mr Lange

The Land of Waldos
    Yes that's what MMF2 will do when there's not enough power to run the game, it lowers the framerate instead of frame skip.

9. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    Actually, that's a pretty neat feature, as frame skip realllly sucks in comparison to a dropped framerate.

10. Mr Lange

Mr Lange

The Land of Waldos
    I suppose it depends on the game. For Sonic games, lowered frame rate is probably best. Sonic Fan Remix runs in Unity and thus implements delta time, so it skips frames... however a quirk of Unity is that input isn't registered until the next frame is drawn, so not only does it cause input lag, it will accumulate your input until the next visible frame. Even with frames being skipped, if it's not too severe, the game could be playable otherwise.

11. I gotta say, I really enjoy playing the Before and After the Sequel games, The music in both was amazing, I have favorite songs from both games I like listening too a lot. I look forward to trying out Sonic Chrono Adventure, even if it wont have an original soundtrack for it.

12. Tiberious

Tiberious

Yeah, I'm furry. Got a problem? Oldbie
    Also, not sure you all care much, but if you want, you can use anything from either game's soundtrack in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. The only parts they didn't get are the cutscene and special stage tracks (though the special Act tunes are there). Kinda surprised at the speed with which they got the soundtrack looped and uploaded, honestly.

But just like the previous game's soundtrack, I downloaded the bunch and gave 'em the disk/track numbers as well as the names (except I had to change the ? to "Sigma" in order to have it play in WinAmp).

13. Blivsey

Blivsey

Charismatic Sonicaholic Member
    And since I don't really intend on doing much more with Generations, might as well mention that I used BrawlBox to do my magic. Choosing Export, then selecting Uncompressed PCM (.wav) gives you the file you need to import into Audacity. You can check the loop point using BrawlBox as well. Just watch your sample rates.

14. Falk

Falk

You'd be doing yourself a disservice if you don't check out Lake's other games. The reason I got involved in the first place and persevered through to the end despite having a shit ton going on otherwise was that I thought his game design was a blast.

15. Crappy Blue

Crappy Blue

Knuckles' Chaotix is a perfect game with no flaws Member
    while mucking about in parhelion peak act 2 for the special ring, this happened

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dkgwpznZpc

16. Mr Lange

Mr Lange

The Land of Waldos
    I care about this. I've done a lot of Brawl modding myself and this has probably saved me a lot of work in the future lol. Glad to see this has been done.

17. Crappy Blue

Crappy Blue

fixed. not sure why youtube defaulted to private when I uploaded it.

18. Mr Lange

Mr Lange

The Land of Waldos
    Don't see what's wrong with this. I wouldn't call this a glitch. I suppose ideally it should just ignore Sonic while he's standing and fall to the ground, but big deal, just move out of the way. This isn't anything amazing either, I've had it happen many times.

19. Crappy Blue

Crappy Blue

uh, nothing wrong with it. it's just funny! look at him, he's so peeved that this monitor won't stop bouncing on him.

20. Mr Lange

Mr Lange

The Land of Waldos
    More music. Ignore link name. This is the prototype version that I made, not Andy's version.
    https://soundcloud.com/mr-lange/sugar-splash-zone-act-1