don't click here

Sonic and other Sega Game Gear games Now on 3DS

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Glaber, Jun 21, 2013.

1. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    I'm sure everybody konws about the recent Nintendo Sega partnership, but apparently last week's and this week's game gear game releases when un-noticed.

Considering Sonic 1 Game Gear released last week (along side Columns, Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine, and Shining Force: The Sword of Hajya ) it was a missed opportunity for a sonic 1 re-release joke.

and this week, Sonic Blast (which was listed since last year) has finally released along side Tails Adventures and Defenders of Oasis.

Perhaps the Game Gear games are just not that noticeable for most people, but considering that these titles have not been as rereleased as the genesis titles, I thought there would had been at least something.

2. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    If you all want me to hate on a Sonic Game, I will gladly hate on Sonic Blast at any time. I almost want to get it for sheer OMGWTFAWFULNESS, but on the other hand I can keep my money and just play it in s8ds anyway...

3. NioZero

NioZero

ConcepciĆ³n, Chile
    Tornado Sky Fighters
    I already have Sonic Triple Trouble and Sonic 1. I've never played Tails Adventures, but I guess is a good opportunity to check it out...

4. Glaber

Glaber

now I don't know if anyone here got Mean Bean Machine, but if you have you would have noticed a Local Play option there that even Nintendo failed to provide for Game Boy games that used the link cable. A real mutiplayer option using an emulated link cable. Just like the original release, both players must have a copy of the game for it to work, but still, this is more than Nintendo has given their retro players. And it means more people can play mutiplayer Sonic Drift 2 when that comes out.

5. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    Rebought Tails Adventures yesterday. Still an underrated little gem, I think. Kinda slow-paced, but still fairly solid.

6. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    That's pretty fucking badass! It's hard to even find hobby-dev'd GG emulators that support the link cable.

7. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Wow no shit, that is impressive. But while this is nice, where's my rerelease of Sonic Chaos? I want that game on my 3DS

8. Kampfer

Kampfer

My eyebrow is more raised at Defenders of Oasis. I didn't think it would be re-released in any form or fashion due to sheer obscurity. I can't count how many hours I spent traveling in the back seat playing that RPG. Very basic story and mechanics, but enjoyable (it could probably easily be remade in RPG Maker 1995). If I had a 3DS I'd probably get it for nostalgia reasons.

9. Pigeon

Pigeon

Nothing really
    Huh, Sonic Blast was released AGES ago in the UK, in fact it released with Sonic Labyrinth.

10. Flygon

Flygon

I'm just saddened they didn't release the Master System editions, instead. The 3DS has more than enough screen resolution... in fact, the DS has enough screen resolution for the whole Master System. >_>

11. Bartman3010

Bartman3010

Site Staff
    What is nice is that you do get to play two player on multiplayer enabled games. Though there's not many Game Gear games I'd like to play two player.

12. Herm the Germ

Herm the Germ

Hmm, not bad. Well done, doctor! Member
    Dresden, Saxony, Germany
    MIDI-to-SMPS-conversions, mostly. Takin' requests, too.
    A billion times THIS. This is something that has been pissing me off since Sonic Adventure DX's Game Gear unlockables. I mean, there, it's even more infuriating since the MS versions were MADE for a TV screen to begin with so using the tiny Game Gear resolution 'cept upscaled just seems utterly retarded by comparison (and makes things like Sonic Chaos harder than I remember simply because there's not as much space on screen to look at what was to come ahead of me).

13. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Game Gear games look better than their SMS counterparts due to a richer color palette.

What they could do for some games (like the first three Sonics), is to just remove the Game Gear's border altogether, like certain emulators allow to. Best of both worlds + - and the only way to enjoy Sonic 2 GG without having to memorize the level layouts =P   .

14. Glaber

Glaber

I believe Chaos is going to be in the coming weeks, possibly next week going off of the last 2 unless sonic 2 takes that slot.

15. Quarterman

Quarterman

Just another day in paradise. Member
    I will have to pick up Tails' Adventure. I really love that game.

16. Sploit

Sploit

Sonic 1 on MS looks better than it GG counterpart, because in the MS version, Sonic actually has a nose.

17. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    The Game Gear version features more detailed backgrounds, though...

18. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Is that consistent throughout the whole game, though? I only remember it in Jungle Zone (with the extra fruit and such).

19. Mbruno

Mbruno

Sonic Labyrinth still hasn't been released in NA, though there is a listing on the eshop that says it's coming soon.

20. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Right off the bat, I remember the Green Hill sunflowers rotating, similarly to the Mega Drive version, but I think they changed/improved many palettes here and there.