don't click here

Sonic Lost World (Wii U, 3DS, PC) Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, May 17, 2013.

1. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    So Team B aka the Colors/Storybook team is working on this title right?

If thats the case, whats Team A up to then?...

2. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Iirc Sonic games haven't been made by seperate teams since Sonic Colours. Colours being made by the storybook team was a TSSZ rumour.

3. GerbilSoft

GerbilSoft

RickRotate'd. Administrator
    USA
    rom-properties
    Amazon US is now saying both the Wii U and 3DS versions will be released on December 17.

Estimated arrival date for el-cheapo shipping is December 23 - December 30.

4. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

More than likely just placeholder dates. I think SEGA would be a bit mad to release it that close to Christmas.

5. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Wait, what? Did I miss the memo saying that Valentine's Day is now when most game sales are made?

6. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    It's not that it's in the wrong season altogether, but that it's too late in the season. They'd be wise to release a few weeks earlier, maybe try and catch some Black Friday sales.

7. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Ah. See, what I was also thinking was that y'all were figuring that the game'd be sloppy on account of being rushed to absolutely make sure it hits that Christmas deadline.

8. Glisp

Glisp

That one weird guy that does stuff. Member
    Bloomington, IN
    None at the moment I'm afraid.
    Oh look it's the classic "SONIC 'S THE ONLY PLAYABLE CHARACTER! LET'S BITCH!" and "THERE'S TOO MANY CHARACTERS! LET'S BITCH!" arguments. First off, I don't care how many characters Sonic Team introduces. Numbers are irrelevant to me. The only thing that matters is if the game is fun. The games could introduce asscrack mcfart for all I care. I'd still play them as long as the game was fun.

As for Lost World, I look forward to it but I wish the people bitching in this thread wouldn't spoil things for others. Hell, I wish Sonic fans would stop bitching in general, even about the horrible games. But I guess that's just wishful thinking. The phrase "this game looks horrible because blah blah blah" is a little old now and it's also reflecting how little this community has matured. I'm tired of all the "horrible physics blah blah blah" and I'm tired of seeing the "blah blah classic sonic homing attack blah blah blah". Seriously, it's like a number of you have made it your job to seek out any flaws in the 3D sonic games. Maybe I should start seeking out flaws in the 2D games to show you what assholes it makes you sound like. None of the Sonic games are perfect. Not even the originals.

Look, I'm sorry if I've lost my head. I'm just sick and tired of the bitching. It's getting old and it makes me want to rip my hair out. I tried to make it sound like I wasn't backseat modding. I hope none of the moderators or admins misinterpret this.

9. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    ...who's bitching?

+ - Right now, anyway.  

10. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Fully expecting a mid to late November release. Assume this date until Sega announces otherwise.

11. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

I hope Super Sonic's back in this game again like Colours and Generations!

Wonder If boosting could become a Super Sonic thing only... that would make him unique and harken back to the good ol' days!

12. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Dunno if this was posted already, not gonna check either:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prJdHUs6Qn8

13. Ahahaha. I'm a huge Office fan, so I liked this a lot.

14. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
  15. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giuhch_Xckc

A couple of notable things in this video:

-- Certain badniks can't be destroyed with the spindash
    -- When you die, the music continues instead of starting over when you respawn

16. Yash

Yash

CHOCOLATE! Member
    That bit with Sonic crashing into the wall and dying reminds me so much of Crash Bandicoot's silly death animations. Looking good!

17. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    Certainly better than the infini-trip of Sonic '06's auto-run sections.

I really need a demo of this at a store to get the idea of these controls through. The Run speed looks to have the amount of touchiness the Sonic Adventure games had, which I do not approve.

18. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    I almost hoped he would slowly slide down the wall there.

19. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

He does at 6:20 when he doesn't have enough momentum to run up a wall.

20. Tiller

Tiller

HDK & World Runner
    This and the random speed caps have me worried. Running in a straight line looks fine but as soon as you try to angle yourself on the tubes it seems like the whole thing gets clunky. Speed caps for things like the 2D Desert Ruins act seems a bit excessive too. Can we confirm holding two triggers down makes Sonic go a little faster? The spindash speed and regular run speed is slower than Generation's Jog.

I think we need to see this in the hands of someone seasoned with the game to see how you can push it. The parkour/spindash/double jump abuse will make or break the speed runner aspect of the game.