don't click here

Shadow the Hedgehog is now a PSN Classic

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by JaxTH, Jun 19, 2013.

1. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    http://www.siliconera.com/2013/06/18/shadow-the-hedgehog-explodes-onto-ps2-classics/

2. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Now you too can own the de facto worst version of a bad game!

3. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Old news. Heroes has been on the European PSN for ages.

4. Rosie

Rosie

aka Rosie Member
    My PS2 copy doesn't play so I've never played it. I'm morbidly curious, though...

Is it actually worse than Heroes?

5. 1stKirbyever

1stKirbyever

I always thought the Xbox Version was the worst version of the game but I haven't really looked into it and I'll just go off what Gene said.

Then again, they're really all the worse version, aren't they?

6. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

As with Heroes, the GCN and XB versions run at a fairly stable 60fps but the PS2 version is clocked at 30fps. There's a few other minor differences between all three versions besides just the framerate, but that's definitely he biggest issue when it comes to determining which version is best.

7. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Ehh. I don't think it's the worst game in the world, but I would never call it "good" either. It's just, kind of... there.

8. That's a good description.

It's nowhere near as bad as 06, but it is quite similar to Heroes although somewhat worse due to the overuse of "damn" and the fact that you gotta play through it like 15 times to get the real ending.

9. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

Heroes is a great game, the most like the classic games apart from the team thing which if you take away the visual aspect, it basically like toggling between a change of additional moves rather than characters.
    Shadow is less than stellar, but it's not a bad game. It's just low texture, occasionally buggy and flawed, but is still mostly fun and has a lot of replayability. 2006 it ain't!

10. Blastfrog

Blastfrog

See ya starside. Member
    I rather liked the branching linear level order concept, it was kinda neat. Still, the 'hardboiled' thing felt like it was trying too hard. "Hey Sonic you DAMN hedgehog, let's go FUCKING kill these SHITTY aliens, IM SO HARDCORE HURRRRRRR" yeah no shut up shadow

Were they trying to appeal to angsty preteens or something?

11. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    Why the hell are you doing this Sega, what's next, a re-release of '06?

12. Captain L

Captain L

The guy who likes Shadow the Hedgehog Member
    Waiting for the coming of the Great White Hankerchief
    Funny, I actually just popped in my GameCube copy of Dhadow yesterday to play Circus Park. And for the first time, I noticed the problem with the controls that's somehow slipped by me all these years. Still, I like the game. I have to consider it better than Heroes, as my copy of Heroes doesn't work.

13. Dario FF

Dario FF

Tech Support Hotline Tech Member
    Maybe they still have their PC version of that somewhere. :v:

14. Glisp

Glisp

That one weird guy that does stuff. Member
    Bloomington, IN
    None at the moment I'm afraid.
    I actually wouldn't mind a PC version of 06. Someone could potentially work on a bug fix patch to clean it up.

Getting back to Shadow, I have to agree. It's not HORRIBLE but it's not GREAT either. It's Meh. And I can tell that just from watching my cousin play it. I personally loved Heroes though. Nasty clipping bugs and sometimes annoying controls aside, Heroes was a fun game. (script writing excluded as it was horrible. I don't blame the actors themselves for how bad the voice acting was, I blame the idiot that wrote the English script.)

15. Puto

Puto

Shin'ichi Kudō, detective. Tech Member
    Portugal, Oeiras
    Part of Team Megamix, but haven't done any actual work in ages.
    The script was just as bad in Japanese.

Anyway, bought this. I just know I'm gonna regret it, but oh well.

16. Captain L

Captain L

The guy who likes Shadow the Hedgehog Member
    Waiting for the coming of the Great White Hankerchief
    I'd honestly love to see a PC port of Sonic 06. Not only has Generations proved the modding community will do some great things if you let them, but apparently if people cared enough, the console versions of Sonic 06 are also incredibly easy to hack.

17. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    This is my brother-in-law's favorite Sonic game. I've never really been sure why, but to be honest, I've never played it either.

Kinda hoping this gets a PC port (or at least comes to the US) just so I can give it a shot. Or I might just play the GC version in Dolphin.

18. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    You say that as if bugs are the only major problem with Sonic 06. :v:

19. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Oh dear god why.

Further releases of Heroes, Shadow and 06 do nothing to improve the brand's reputation, why are they doing this?

20. Puto

Puto

Shin'ichi Kudō, detective. Tech Member
    Portugal, Oeiras
    Part of Team Megamix, but haven't done any actual work in ages.
    For what it's worth, this is dual audio, so you won't be forced to listen to Japanese voices if you don't want to (though personally, I'll take Japanese over 4Kids).