don't click here

Sonic Boom

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, Jun 15, 2013.

1. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    http://trotcon.com/guests/#davepolsky

What's this now? Another Sonic Cartoon? It sounds like it could very well be. And while I know this is frowned upon, THAT SITE (It's where I found this out, but unlike other times they actually linked to where they got the quote from so I figured it'd be ok) said that their "source" caught up with the guy and he said that the cartoon would involve Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Amy, and it'll try to be somewhat comedic. Now, whether or not what that "source" is true or not, what the hell else could an animated cartoon called "Sonic Boom be?

2. Arique

Arique

SHUWATCH! Member
    Well, according to Polsky himself... It is a new Sonic cartoon. And according to Site that must not be mentioned...
    So there you go. It's a new Sonic cartoon, but done in a similar style as My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

3. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    "early reports"

I'm just gonna wait until any pictures or videos of this get released before I trust that it's MLP-esque.

Also, this isn't an excuse to talk about MLP. ;)

4. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I've never seen MLP in my life, all I know is apparently they're connected in that they share the same animator. Beyond that who the hell knows.

5. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Apparently this guy only wrote a few episodes, so it's not like he's a big influence on the show. Has there been any confirmation of what's his involvement in this cartoon is? (EDIT: Apparently he's a writer for it, makes sense)

Also, I talked to the writer of this article (BlazeHedgehog) and it seems to be real.

6. Aesculapius Piranha

Aesculapius Piranha

つづく Oldbie
    Unknown
    Diva
    Since my GF got me into watching MLP with her, I realized not all seasons of MLP were created equal. The main excuse Bronies had for starting (Lauren Faust's writing) ended around season 2, and by Season 3's end it shows big time, so I would wonder what episodes this guy worked on. Him having a hand in the Scary Movie movies isn't exactly a gold star, but those two were some of the more tolerable Movie Movies. I'd also want to know what South Park episodes he worked on.

I mean, is he literally an animator? Does this mean the art style would be similar to MLP? That may not be horrible, considering how Sonic characters seem to center around one major color each anyway.

7. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    He's a writer, not an animator. According to IMDB he only wrote the second Scary Movie. As for South Park, he was a writer for the season 1 episode "Pinkeye" and wrote additional material for the episode "Damien".

8. Tanks

Tanks

Scary Movie 2. This is a good thing.

9. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Sonic Paradise Researcher
    Spain
    Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
    For MLP, he wrote Feeling Pinkie Keen, Over a Barrel, Too Many Pinkie Pies, Spike At Your Service, Keep Calm and Flutter On and Games Ponies Play. Except feeling pinkie keen, I found all of those chapters pretty bad written.

10. Aesculapius Piranha

Aesculapius Piranha

つづく Oldbie
    Unknown
    Diva
    Hmm, well Pinkeye was one of my favorite episodes of South Park, and the MLP episodes he was credited for weren't horrible, and IIRC were pretty funny sooooo.... Meh? He seems to have a lot of comedy credits, so I don't know how that bodes.

I guess my current verdict is: Cool story. I'll have to judge it when I see it.

11. Captain L

Captain L

The guy who likes Shadow the Hedgehog Member
    Waiting for the coming of the Great White Hankerchief
    Most people really hate Feeling Pinkie Keen. I think it's decent at best. I really did like Too Many Pinkie Pies and Keep Calm and Flutter On, Spike at Your Service is pretty good (most people hate it), and the other two are sub-par. He's certainly not one of the better writers on the show, but he doesn't have the same hate following as Merriweather Williams or M.A. Larson.

Let's make this a Sonic sitcom, something like The Looney Tunes Show. Sonic is the cool kid, Amy is the stalker, Tails is the tagalong younger brother type, and Knuckles needs anger management therapy. Also, Shadow is an escaped convict. I'd watch it.

Also, if this is the show's title, Sonic Boom better be the theme song.

12. Well, I liked Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog and MLP:FiM, so I'll probably like this. Whatever it ends up being it can't be any worse than Sonic X, anyway. I'll give it a shot.

13. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Larson and Williams are semi redeemed to fans due to having a highly popular episode under their name (Larson wrote the Return to Harmony two parter, while Williams wrote Wonderbolts Academy). Polsky is sort of the middle ground, his episodes aren't considered significantly horrible, but he doesn't have any big gems either.

Polsky also created The Buzz on Maggie and wrote for The Cramp Twins and Angela Anaconda.

14. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    He didn't have anything to do with the artistic style or anything whatsoever but the writing of these episodes:
    So he'll most likely be writing some episodes for this one, hardly enough to link both series in any way.

What the fuck is that even supposed to mean.

15. Mystical Ninja

Mystical Ninja

For old time's sake. Oldbie
    New Castle, Delaware
    Nothing that concerns this place in the least.
    Ugh. The fact that this show is even remotely similar to My Little Pony is an instant turnoff for me. I've (reluctantly) given that show a watch once, and it ended up being a piece of garbage, just as I had originally thought it would be. I will never, ever understand that show's appeal, or why so many people are obsessing over it.

16. Vendettagainst

Vendettagainst

Apparently shooting kills things Member
    Hopefully it'll have an animation style comparable to something like Adventure Time rather than MLP.

17. This.

As long as the style isn't just Satam HD or Sonic X again, I await screenshots of this show, and will probably end up watching it either way and express my love/hate for it.

18. Captain L

Captain L

The guy who likes Shadow the Hedgehog Member
    Waiting for the coming of the Great White Hankerchief
    Oh god no. I'm willing to accept people's love of Adventure Time, the lore and backstory sound very fascinating, but the animation and the humor are the reasons I don't watch it. It's just too...weird and awkward. MLP is simple with what you'd expect from something like Looney Tunes animation, and overall the colors and art style are very appealing (if you know what I'm saying).

I don't know what I'd want from the animation of this series. There's no good precedent of what modern Sonic animation should look like. But since I have a love for stylized animation, I wouldn't mind Sonic Battle's art.

19. Bobinator

Bobinator

My thoughts on your posting Member
    I'm expecting something CG, like Unleashed, only not quite as good. Something along the lines of the Green Lantern cartoon or Transformers Prime.

20. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    I'm not entirely sure at this point. I'd say "a good, well-thought-out licensed cartoon by industry veterans that had a lot more creative freedom than prior installments, which was a breath of fresh air because earlier installments were routinely banal dreck"... Except I don't think any of the cartoons (other than perhaps Underground) were routinely banal dreck - even Sonic X had its moments. So that analogy doesn't even work. Maybe "Flash animation by guys who are pretty good at traditional animation techniques"? Maybe Studio B is doing Sonic now? I dunno.

I'm also curious as to what TV station has agreed to pick this up. Disney? Cartoon Network? Nickelodeon? The Hub?