don't click here

The Supreme Topic of 'Other' Knowledge.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by McGuirk, Jan 10, 2007.

1. Its been quite some time since I posted here. Anyway, is there someplace I can find out the mechanics, exploits, and quirks of said mechanics of Sonic Adventure 2 (Battle)? Like the fact that its impossible to get all the rings in Mad Space since one of them is outside the death boundaries, and there are a group of rings that are internally set to appear when the Mystic Melody is played, but the shrine they are mapped to does not actually exist. (Found that out in a topic I made a long time ago :v:) Also, the Speed Shoes Stack and the 'Cannons Core in less than 10 seconds' by not only abusing the stopwatches bounce physics (yes, the ONE time it doesn't have to do with boobs) by getting out of their AOE fast enough, and the whole 'Chao Garden counts as advancing in a section' bit. I just find those kinds of things very interesting, especially since its my favorite Sonic game, and the Sonic community is very into digging up these tings.

Also, is it true that Perfect Chaos was supposed to have his Generations design in Adventure, but had to go with the 'whirlpool, 2 tentacles' look due to technical limitations?

And, I noticed this many many years ago, but I never got around to sharing it.

http://www.textures-resource.com/other_systems/SA/lostworld1.PNG

These are Lost World textures. Take note of the last big texture at the very bottom, as well as the similarly-designed one two textures above it.

Now look at this.

http://info.sonicretro.org/images/a/a8/Sa2_mystic_melody_platform.png

Hmm...

2. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Oh wow, so Tails really is completely useless.

3. Rosie

Rosie

aka Rosie Member
    I made a boo-boo.

[​IMG]

:v:

4. Uberham

Uberham

King Of Oblivion Member
    That's happened to me too, just wait it out and you can progress.

5. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    How did you even do that?

6. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    I've only ever done something like that with the hyper sonic double jump move.

7. Uberham

Uberham

King Of Oblivion Member
    I did it by spindashing at the offscreen laser, while it's moving.

8. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    Apparently to succeed at Sonic the Hedgehog, you need to hit robot dinosaurs

http://img5.sellersourcebook.com/users/107809/winning_game_tips_for_sonic_the_hedgehog_1285974821.jpg

why would the guide book lie!?!

9. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    I had this one! I don't know if I still have this one, but... I had it!

IIRC the Sonic CD section was a bit confusing. Pretty sure they showed parts of Collision Chaos Past and labelled them Palmtree Panic, called Amy "Princess Sally" (at least there's precedent for that one), etc.

I kind of like the robot baseball frog man, myself

10. Mercury

Mercury

His Name Is Sonic Tech Member
    Location Location
    AeStHete
    But, but... there actually are robot dinosaurs in Sonic...

I own this book. It's pretty hilarious, and the cover kind of reminds me of those weird non sequitur images on the Ultimate Unauthorized Nintendo Game Strategies book series.

11. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    That was one of the iffier Sonic guidebooks. It did have info for basically every game up to and including Sonic CD/Sonic Chaos, but not much beyond what the manual explains, and a few cheat codes (inc. GG codes).

Better question, in context of that cover:

what
    the
    fuck

12. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    I just discovered something in Sonic Heroes PC:
    Open "%AppData%\SEGA\SONICHEROES\sonic_h.ini" in a text editor, and add the following line:
    Code (Text):
    1. Charmy_Shutup 1
    When you play the game, you will discover that every single voice clip that doesn't have accompanying subtitles (attacks, idling, scoring) won't play.

13. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    Funny, I think I'd rather shut up every other line in the game.

14. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Nah, Charmy's the only one I seriously can't stand, if only because everyone else's tone of voice is at least acceptable most of the time. That's great, though.

Did you try it for the other characters as well?

15. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzYB0JTpOOY

16. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    I can't stand any of the inane banter in the middle of the stage, myself, regardless of who's saying it. This appears to keep all that intact.

17. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Eh the big problem is 90% of that inane banter is the same problem all sonic's had since then -- tips, tips, and more tips. I know how the fucking thunder shoot works dammit.

18. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    Obviously they have to announce when there's a jump, switch, loop, or really any level piece for the sake of any blind players. Accessibility :specialed:

But seriously, the only characters I wanna shut up are Sonic and Tails, because their "Here we go" and "Leave it to me" are really badly acted and incredibly annoying to hear every few seconds. I don't find Charmy (or much of anyone else) half as annoying.

19. Mr Lange

Mr Lange

A wise guy eh. I know how to DEAL with wise guys. Member
    The Land of Waldos
    Sonic Utopia, Sonic Overture
    Sonic Chaos takes place on South Island.
    Does anyone know where Triple Trouble takes place?

20. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    According to my notes for a project I'm doing, the US manual for Triple Trouble says "The resulting explosion scatters five of the Chaos Emeralds across the planet Mobius and sets off a high speed Emerald hunt."

So the game most likely takes place like Sonic Unleashed, with Sonic and Tails travelling the planet for the Chaos Emeralds.