don't click here

Sonic Lost World (Wii U, 3DS, PC) Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, May 17, 2013.

1. Tichmall

Tichmall

J.League PK Party, a "penalty kick" minigame.
    Nah, basically, I'd like a trackmania Sonic. If the acts are linear, like races, at least make a lot of them. Of course I wouldn't like to see an act re-using a whole goddamn part from an other act and pretending it's new, like it was the case in Colors.

2. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Actually, seeing how in Lost World it doesn't seem like the levels have as many big scripted setpieces and big backgrounds and stuff, it should be easier for them to make more levels.

3. Rosie

Rosie

aka Rosie Member
    Well if I have to go through anything like that damn spring stage in Colours again, I'm ripping the game out and using it to wipe my arse.

The teams that worked on Colours and Unleashed we're different iirc, did they both work on Generations?

Also there's a scene in the trailer where rings are magnetised to Sonic's run even though he's not wearing a shield, so everyone saying the boost is gone, don't get too happy about it.

4. Relick

Relick

England
    C++/DX10 Engine (not sonic related)
    It was confirmed in the interview that boost is gone. It could just be if you are going at high speed they are magnetised. In fact there were several things in that GameXplain that was debunked or explained in the inteview.

Also I agree that the colours probably won't match the character colours - other than for the red guy who will probably be the volcano area just because classic tropes.

5. Rosie

Rosie

aka Rosie Member
    Ah. I've only seen the trailer. I'm kind of sad that they haven't gone for a more open style of gameplay but hopefully it'll still be fun. I'm not hoping for much in terms of story or writing, but...

Actually I've no idea. This game could still be crap, or average. It's got some promising ideas but there's nothing that tells me it'll be worthy to stand up to the classics. Colours and Generations were both almost great games, but fundamentally flawed, and I can't stand Unleashed. So while I appreciate the retro aesthetic they're going for, it's too early to tell if the game will be actually good.

6. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator

Yeah. Unleashed team (main team) headed development, but when Colors was finished that team (Storybook team) helped develop Generations. If I'm remembering correctly.

7. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    All of this is speculation and has never been confirmed. Nobody has actually gone and compared credits to see what team made what (if there are still separate teams. =P)

8. Jayextee

Jayextee

Unpopular Opinions™ Member
    Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.
    I saw wall-running in the trailer. Looks like Azukara really got his shit together with this one.

9. Paradigm

Paradigm

Primrose Hill
    An original story entitled "Obscured into Hubris"
    Is it safe to say that Cash Cash is coming back, seeing this connects with Colors? And will Hunnid-P be on the game too? There never was clarification on that statement he made.

10. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    LOL

I can safely say by all and any means, I have nothing to do with this, as much as I wish I did. :v:

After looking at the level design more, I can agree that this would be great for this game if it ensures meatier level design compared to what we've got in the past three games (which regardless of amazingly massive environments, none of it was really accessible minus the race-tracks). I don't personally want the next game after this to keep with this level layout setup, but I hope they learn from this enough to make levels in a more 'grounded' design plus the meatiness of what it looks like we're getting.

11. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    If theres a theme at all, were getting the Generations-esque trailers again where they arn't playing any themes from the game but instead using instrumentals of popular songs.

Usually with Colors and Unleashed and even before (sans shadow) the main theme always played in the first trailer.

12. Whu- I thought we all had a gentleman's agreement that we keep Hunnid-P a relic of SA2, to be kept far away from the current games.

13. The KKM

The KKM

Welcome to the nExt level Member
    Portugal
    IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog comic books
    Hunnid-P's statement was ambiguous- it could easily be read as him seriously saying he was working on a new sonic, or joking about it. And tbh, I'm more inclined to the joke since I don't see his raps fitting here :P

14. Namo

Namo

take a screenshot of your heart Member
    Although Hunnid-P's alliance had a purpose, it seems the partnership was only temporary.

15. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Wrong game. ;)

I could see him doing something in this game, perhaps a small part.

16. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    Wait what are you talking about, Sky. :v

17. Namo quoted "Unknown from M.E." from SA1, Hunnid-P did the rap parts for "Unknown from M.E." from SA2.

18. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Oh, details details guys. :v: Hunnid-P is our physical irl Knuckles anyways.

19. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    You're all dumb.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2013/05/28/sonic-lost-world-taking-a-page-from-mario-galaxy

6th paragraph.

"Boost" isn't gone. They're just not calling it boost. And making it look like spindash. And you're using two buttons instead of one. And it still damaged enemies. I.e. you're boosting.

It may or may not be one-button boost (EDIT: as in instant speed) but it behaves exactly the same in the end; just look at how fast he's going in the trailer and compare that to boost speed.

Of course, as long as they don't call it boost, everything should be fine, right? Ugh.

20. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Two questions though. 1. Does the ball form last forever or is it like hitting a dash pad in Generations when he turns into a ball temporarily? 2. Is he invincible throughout?

We don't know this yet.