don't click here

Sonic 1 (2013 - iOS/Android) Post-Release Bugs/Fixes/Suggestions

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Skaarg, May 17, 2013.

1. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Yeah, in the same scenario I got SETTINGS as well. I could still load the file and complete the special stage, after which everything was normal and I'd unlocked Super Sonic. (spoilered for size)
    [​IMG]

This was on an iPhone 4, iOS6.

2. SMTP

SMTP

Tech Member
    I cant even get to play the android version. Crashes randomly at the title screen...

Running LG Optimus V

3. McAleeCh

McAleeCh

Oldbie
    One thing I noticed that may or may not be intentional - in the new upper route in Marble Zone Act 3, the first Caterkiller the player encounters is facing to the right as the player approaches from the left. As far as I can see, every other Caterkiller in the level seems to be facing the direction that the player will be coming from when they first encounter it, allowing a player with quick reflexes to roll in order to take out the enemy if moving fast. Pernickety, I know, but it jars a little compared to the other uses of the enemy in the level - though perhaps that was the intention, to wrong-foot any players who'd gotten used to how the Caterkillers are usually encountered. Thought I'd mention it, anyway.

4. BSonirachi

BSonirachi

Wiki Sysop
    It's a general thing, because it happens on my Galaxy S2.

5. That One Jig

That One Jig

aka RichterSnipes Member
    Somewhere in America
    (Not) Working on My PokéHack
    This may come off as a bit nitpicky, but I noticed that these two Tails sprites:

[​IMG]

have their shoe shading carried over from S3K. In that game, the underside of characters' shoes were all black instead of their "proper" shading as seen in Sonic 1/2/CD. Considering Tails's tired face has already been altered for these games (to his Crackers tired face, no less), wouldn't it be necessary to recolor the underside of his shoes, too?

It shouldn't affect gameplay or enjoyment whatsoever, but it is something that my trained eyes noticed. Please don't come at me if it is too miniscule an issue!

6. RetroKoH

RetroKoH

Project Sonic 8x16
    Considering the source, I'm not at all surprised at this one. LOL Would've never noticed this myself, AND never knew that this face came from Crackers. Good to know.

BTW a side note. The Cannonballs that are dropped by Ball Hog have a bug. When they fall from a higher height, they are supposed to start bouncing in the opposite direction. In the new release, they don't. I got hit by one and it killed me, all because I was expecting it to start bouncing back the other way.

OH, and this...
    Yea, please do. I'd love to have a look at it.

7. gold lightning

gold lightning

I encountered the same issue and had to nuke my save file as a result.
    This was the Android version btw.
    Maybe the iOS version is the one that loads the save file with the "Settings" text while the Android version just outright crashes instead?

8. RetroKoH

RetroKoH

Project Sonic 8x16
    iOS version is the one I have. If Sonic CD's game save files are any indication, I'd suggest that the save files in Sonic 1 for both are very similar... to the point that I don't think the problem with the Android version is an issue with the save files, but rather something with the actual game itself. Which is why I'd like to see a copy of an SGame.bin from the Android version

9. SMTP

SMTP

Tech Member
    so any idea why its crashing or a way to get it work..?

10. The Taxman

The Taxman

Tech Member
    Retro Engine & Related Projects

Are you talking about the original Sonic 1 Title Screen or the Screen with the 3D Box Art? Either way, you'll probably have to wait until the update hits. we're going through the process of delivering updates to both iOS/Android. I can't give you any sort of ETA other than 'Coming Soon' since it's got to go through the right channels first.

11. Rail Road

Rail Road

It seems that the app is no longer compatible with the Nexus 4. Is this going to be fixed in the update?

12. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    Found a bug.

While playing in Sonic & Tails mode, in MZ2 at the part where the lava wall chases you, if you make Tails fall down first, the lava will be triggered and allow Sonic to walk behind it.

And I'm sure it's been mentioned, but when Tails is carrying Sonic and flies low over an object, they become detached but Sonic keeps floating like he's still being carried.

Edit: Thinking about it, some of these bugs are kind of fun to mess around with...I am thinking about turning auto updates off in case I want to keep these. :v:

13. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    I thought I posted this before but I don't see it. Rolling, jumping, then transforming removes the rolling jump control lock...that's not supposed to happen, is it?

14. The Taxman

The Taxman

Tech Member
    Retro Engine & Related Projects
    It is, in S3k double jump moves (e.g. Insta-Shield) cancel the control lock.

15. corneliab

corneliab

On that note, the insta-shield doesn't seem to do that here.

16. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    [​IMG]

wat

17. McAleeCh

McAleeCh

Oldbie
    Got an actual definite bug to report this time - Android version, running on Bluestacks. Finished a save file as Tails, all emeralds, with a score value very close to giving me an extra life. It appears that enemies destroyed during the end-credits demos actually count towards the player's score, as the final Crabmeat on the first Green Hill demo increased it enough to award an extra life - which then cut off the credits music, leaving me to watch the rest of the credits with no music, only sound effects!

18. Thorn

Thorn

Tech Member
    Home
    Sonic 2 Retro Remix
    [​IMG]

There's only three rings at this point in Green Hill 1, but if you have Tails flying Sonic around and have them touch rings with their hands mid-flight, each ring will count twice.

This bug was spotted by flying fox on TSC.

19. RetroKoH

RetroKoH

Project Sonic 8x16
    Both characters are colliding with the ring, and its registering twice... I'd love to see if this bug occurs in the original game.

20. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Now that's a philosophical question for the ages, isn't it? :P