don't click here

Sonic Generations Hacking (and More!)

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Andrew75, Jun 23, 2011.

1. S0LV0

S0LV0

Sonic Generations Helpdesk Tech Member
    Spagonia
    Abusing SMPS
    Update on Kingdom Valley (White Space); I've added some instruments, tweaked existing ones, and mastered the whole thing more. I feel it's just about finished, aside from possibly being a bit overpowering.

2. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Wow this sounds incredible, I do think it's a bit overpowering but doesn't make it less awesome!

3. Faseeh

Faseeh

That's sounding real nice!

Just maybe a bit too much reverb on the lead (?).

That aside, does sound better.

4. Retroman

Retroman

What would be awesome would be a country level for Sonic, involving mud puddles, slides, animals, dust, grass fields, and the enemies are hillbillies that attack you with pitchforks, shotguns, modeled Sonic Unleashed style and sonic hitting them makes them dizzy, and you fight against animal-parody of robots.

Energy Park Zone? You can make a map made from energy can drinks and it's filled with speed boosters off ramps, and it's for Classic Sonic only.

5. Iggy for Short

Iggy for Short

What with the recent Just Cause 2 Multiplayer Mod testing this past week, I can't help but wonder what it would be like to run through Panau Island as Sonic. I don't suppose that's even technically possible?

6. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
  7. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    The map might be too big for the engine, IIRC its surface is around 1024 KM2

8. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    So I got Cinematic Bloom and reflective luminance working for the water in my little project. Of course, don't take anything in this scene at face value, as it's just me building a test scene.

[​IMG]

9. Faseeh

Faseeh

Right, so I just watched Dude's tutorial for modelling SA custom levels. Holy shit. It's a really good modelling tutorial for Sonic levels in general. :D

After Frog Forest, I'm prolly gonna spend some time, doing some short level tests. This is a lot more interesting than ports.

(and you can finally do some stages that can't be ripped cos the files haven't be ripped)

Anyways, Frog Forest update should be coming up soon. Splines done, water almost done, scenery objects done.

10. Faseeh

Faseeh

[​IMG]

Could someone please tell me what the hell is happening. What did I do wrong, and why are the textures here so... wrong.

[​IMG]

11. Paraxade

Paraxade

Do any of your materials share the same name? I know that the 06 converter automatically names every material "Standardmaterial" and that can confuse GLvl on import, and produces a result similar to your screenshot.

12. Faseeh

Faseeh

Apparently, the water and blabla terrain groups caused such an error. Sky helped re-import and it solved itself. Strange but eh.

Thanks anyways.

13. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjEmy30zsU4

Batman. In sonic generations.

I'll repeat that, its batman. in sonic generations.

Ok internet, I'm done for the night, time for me to lay down.

14. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    He keeps clipping through his cape. Pretty distracting, but otherwise great mod.

Now he just needs to turn into Superman for his Super Sonic form.

15. S0LV0

S0LV0

Sonic Generations Helpdesk Tech Member
    Spagonia
    Abusing SMPS
    Batman doesn't need a super form.

16. Iggy for Short

Iggy for Short

Obviously Batman's super form should be Adam West. Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb Chaos Emerald.

...Now, if this was a mod that let you play as ROBIN, his super form would definitely be Nightwing.

17. Extended Play

Extended Play

What!? Banned
    varies
    Project AXSX, teaching C/C++ for GBA
    Forget that! You want Jason Todd as Robin, then you can have Red Hood as your super form. Fuck Dick! You want Jason! From there, you can pull a fleetway and make the super form a deranged sadistic killing machine with the singular focus of instilling terror.

I'm with you on this one! Hillbilly robots with 6 toes and killer buck teeth would kick ass! While we're at it, you know the classic "falling pillar" obstacle? Falling silos of pig crap are just what the doctor ordered. Why not take it a step further, and add a layer of armor to these robots: a white robe that takes one homing attack to knock off? This would indeed be a good time to remix Hill Top Zone with banjos.
    [​IMG]

All kidding aside, I think we have a good country level worthy of recreating in Hill Top Zone. Before everyone targets me for termination, I know the tiles are palette-swapped Emerald Hill, but there were so many good concepts from Hill Top to carry over. The rising lava chase and the collapsing cave chase, the Rexon enemy, the Sol enemy, hidden passageways, not to mention the scenic cliffside backgrounds. As modern Sonic, it's not hard to envision Sonic leaping incredible heights from cliffside to cliffside bouncing off of midair obstacles. Transitioning this zone into 3 dimensions affords plenty of room for creativity unlike Mystic Cave. With that said, there are other levels probably more worthy. How did everyone feel about Sky Rail?

18. Faseeh

Faseeh

https://soundcloud.com/marvinvalentin/final-intrusion-aquatic-base

https://soundcloud.com/nekkobeats/aquatic-base-remix

Holy shit. Someone make an Aquatic Base port now.

:P Anyways Frog Forest,

http://youtu.be/HnYVgleAs8I

Watch in HD please cos the default quality looks terrible. With annotations and stuffs for more information. And description is in spoiler tag

19. Dario FF

Dario FF

Tech Support Hotline Tech Member
    Well like I said before, after Unleashed Project I was gonna try to wrap some things up with SonicGLvl and the remaining file formats. This is the next hard thing that I needed to tackle.

We don't really have any details on the next Sonic game on Wii U yet, but it's kinda likely they're using the Hedgehog engine for it (Being on current-gen specs, I doubt they're still reusing the stuff from Colors, and the development time). So leaving things wrapped up pretty well with a format library should make ripping anything from it very easy.

Not that I really intend to do anything with it, but hey, this wouldn't be Retro if we don't document stuff. :P

20. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    Neat. Can we expect a new version of SonicGLvl with these additions soon? I've decided to make a level over the summer (with Dude's tutelage), so the latest stable build is always good to have.