don't click here

Sonic 1 and 2 getting the Sonic CD treatment by Taxman and Stealth

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Mar 27, 2013.

1. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Here's hoping they're actually GIVEN the ability to port this onto PC. With Sonic CD, BLIT just ported the XBLA version, even though the proper Retro Engine worked much more efficiently.

2. Fuck I thought I'd played Sonic 1 to death. But wow, this wide screen is unbelievable. It's completely fresh and new. The menu's, whilst I read so much praise and though "it's uh, menus" but gosh, I believe Backbone and SEGA VINTAGE COLLECTION reaaaaally need a lesson from you guys / design for this app.

Well bloody god damn done.

3. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    I'm still baffled as to why my device isn't officially allowed by Google to download it. It meets all requirements.

Don't make me do things I'll regret, Google. My $3.00 are ready.

4. Skaarg

Skaarg

If you know for certain your device will run the game, and it's just the store being stupid then create a fake device on your account (google how) and buy it that way.

5. Linkabel

Linkabel

Well, I'm in the US (Mountain time zone) and I found it in Google Play:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The only problem? I can't remember my own password to download it =/

EDIT: Is anyone in the U.S. seeing it? Because for some people it doesn't show up even though their devices can play it and are in the same time zones as me.

6. Spindash54

Spindash54

Did you ever wonder how he spins in place? Member

And I am thoroughly embarrassed. The new capsule placement with the widescreen/HD view has shattered my world. To redeem myself, I will now commit seppuku.

7. Tanks

Tanks

Runs fine on my HP Touchpad. Have yet to run it in BlueStacks since its not popping up on its playstore there (and I can't sync my device because its not a phone...)

8. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    The Vintage Collections have fantastic menus.

9. Yeah the game runs pretty hot on my Galaxy S3 too

Ate through about 15% of the battery playing from GHZ to the end of Marble Zone and my phone made for a nice leg warmer for the next half hour or so :D

10. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Yeah, I found a method. However, it looks like I need to re-root my phone. Not a problem.

11. dsrb

dsrb

This, although I could probably even settle for a video on YouTube. I could barely find any (perhaps capping is relatively uncommon), and most of them were previews without the actual music. I just want to get some idea of what it sounds like, really!

12. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Oh what in the world. =((((

For the record, I'm also using the Google Play Store directly, since my phone is partly destroyed as of now.

13. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Sonic Paradise Researcher
    Spain
    Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
    Just bought it in Android, it's awesome!!! I can't pass Marble Zone act III ( not even reaching the boss) lol I suck with touch controls. But the game is awesome at all levels!! Will buy it again if released in Xbla and PC, no doubt.

14. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    Here's some footage of Green Hill Acts 1 and 2 as well as the first special stage. Sorry for sucking at the special stage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAG-A5mpHUM

15. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    The special stages are just downright frustrating without tactile feedback on the controls. I'm not ashamed to admit that I've been abusing the bug Blue Blood found. Even just a little vibration when I press a new direction would be better than nothing at all. I'd relish the challenge of smoothly rotating special stages if it weren't for this.

16. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    You suck at the Special Stage.

:3

17. dsrb

dsrb

Thanks! The music is pretty close, at least judging by these crappy speakers. I wasn't expecting much difference but was still curious. In that spirit, does anyone know if it's still synthesised by FM in real-time or is perhaps dabbling in the dangerous arts of sample-based 'synthesis?' :v: I suspect the former, but you never know.

Haha, I couldn't stop laughing. :D Should I assume it's no longer possible to get into the chamber with the Emerald by simply not pressing anything? Also, not that I'm too confident due to the compression of the video by YouTube and/or your capping program, but the new smoother rotation seems to be nicely done. I couldn't really imagine how it would work, and would really need to see it in better definition to be sure, but I think I might have been too pessimistic before.

Overall, this looks great in terms of the port itself and the new features, menu, and so on. My phone is several geological eras too old to run anything like this, so I'll keep an eye out for potential future ports. Cheers to Taxman and Stealth for the good work, anyway!

18. Aesculapius Piranha

Aesculapius Piranha

つづく Oldbie
    Unknown
    Diva
    I took the sucker bait and yeah it is wayyy easier to lose control and get stuck in those springs and bumpers in Spring Yard. After much effort manipulating the joypad and pressing jump what worked, oddly enough, was pausing and unpausing the game.

Edit: Love the solution to the Spring Yard boss problem. Looks great. =)

19. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    By the way, to whoever was responsible for it, thank you for using a capital "T" in the app's title.

It's a tiny detail, but SEGA tends to forget about Sonic's middle name. =P

20. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    Ohh, neat touch with how the SYZ boss is done for widescreen.

It's good to see the secret moving platform to reach the shortcut in LZ1 is still in.

Also, I just got an extra life from my score I guess? That's new for S1.