don't click here

Sonic 1 and 2 getting the Sonic CD treatment by Taxman and Stealth

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Agreed, everything! in fact lets retroact this so it can be re-ported to everything from before and make it the definitive Sonic 1 and all others just incomplete betas, even the original.

Yes, Tax-Stealth Sonic 1 Genesis version. make it happen! :specialed:

2. The Taxman

The Taxman

Tech Member
    Retro Engine & Related Projects
    I have a feeling the music cutting out on iOS on the odd occasion is a timing specific thing to do with how I'm handing the audio threading. Bear with me folks, we can address bugs since there's no console SKUs to be locked down with currently.

3. big smile

big smile

Oldbie
    • Awsome Menus - Check
    • Play as Knuckles & Tails - Check
    • Sonic following Tails - Check

This is the Sonic 1 I've dreamed about ever since Sega annoucned Sonic Jam. I think the only thing missing is a 2P compeition mode (which obviosuly couldn't be done on mobile).

A huge thanks to Stealth and Taxman for making my dreams come true!

A request for the Sonic 2 port: please include a character profile gallery, so we can finally get some artwork and a name for the rat animal friend.
    All the other animals friends had their names and artwork printed in Sega Video game Illustrations, but the rat was missed off.
    It's about this time omission was corrected (assuming Sega have still kept the artwork!).

4. Nova

Nova

I'm expecting a Google Play link the second this becomes available. Listed or not.

Congratulations on another successful release chaps. Can't wait to get stuck into this! :v:

5. Graxer

Graxer

Another problem to report, although not exactly a bug. At the end of Special Stage 2 at this point:

[​IMG]

You can move through the small gap where the red arrows are, whereas in the original Sonic didn't fit through the gap. This made that special stage particularly hard for me because I kept on falling through these gaps and away from the centre. Sorry for the poor quality picture, that is a screenshot of a YouTube video.

6. SonKnuck

SonKnuck

The Lazy Guy Oldbie
    Quebec
    DBZ Re-enactment and LPs on Youtube
    This looks awesome. I too want this released on consoles now due to my lack of iOS and Android.

7. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Avoid standing on the moving block in SYZ3:
    [​IMG]

8. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    >proper water palette in Labyrinth

Dreams do come true.

9. Stealth

Stealth

Tech Member
    Sonic Mania, HCGE, Sonic Megamix, SonED2, [...]
    Fixed :P
    (Android and next iOS update)

10. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    Been playing this all of last night, you guys did a great job with this game and I can't wait to see more from you.

Some things feel slightly different to the original but it also makes the game feel fresh to me again after playing the original game so much.

11. Dan Lioneye

Dan Lioneye

UK
    I got stuck :flunked:
    [​IMG]

Marble Zone sounds beautiful.

Special Stage 3 was tense. :colbert:

12. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    Oh a bug I noticed for me last night, if I press the achievements option on the menu, nothing loads and I can't press anything else for about 10 seconds, it worked before I started playing but now it refuses to work.

13. The Taxman

The Taxman

Tech Member
    Retro Engine & Related Projects
    Alternating left/right on the DPad usually gets you out iirc.

Have you tried signing out of Game Center, rebooting, signing back in and loading the game fresh?

14. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Fighting against the Unitary State of Europe
    Can we have the new higher quality tunes uploaded here please If that's alright, also I'm interested in seeing a snapshot of Labyrinth's correct water palette. I don't get games for my phone so I won't be getting this until it comes for the PSN.

15. Roller

Roller

21331 LEGO Ideas Sonic the Hedgehog, Ring Racers (SRB2Kart 2)
    This is all looking quite good. I just feel sad that there's no console/WP/PC sku, because I have abstained from the iOS and Android appstores... Is WP being held up by Xbox Live submission, or is it just not as important to SEGA, so therefore you're not working on it?

Also, I look forward to discovering the other secrets, like with CD. You always go above and beyond, Taxman! You too, Stealth, but you didn't work on CD so I can't say you always go above and beyond. Thank you both for your stellar work. <3

16. Sappharad

Sappharad

Oldbie
    Quick video for anyone who wants to clearly see it in motion:
    http://youtu.be/0VYJiz3Dt_4

This was my first time launching the game, and I sucked at the controls. I can record something better after work, but I hadn't seen a good quality video of this with sound yet, so enjoy.

First impressions: The menu system is awesome. I was really impressed by that. And I love the way the special stage rotates now, even if it does feel harder. Excellent job you guys.

17. Tets

Tets

one rude dude Oldbie
    Holy balls! These mobile releases really jump at you from out of nowhere. Looking forward to grabbing this on my Nexus 7 tablet when possible.

18. RedMetallix

RedMetallix

Supreme Thunder Member
    A desk.
    What? Don't be silly.
    Wow, some of the Achievements are actually hard this time around.

Get all the rings in that trapezoid in GHZ1 without hitting the floor? First Time I'd ever done that before.

Special Stages are hard as hell now too.

19. Yusuke

Yusuke

That Random Lurker Member
    Oh my gosh, those menus are gorgeous and everything looks fabulous~ Are the intro song and the menu music from Sonic Jam? (I've never got the chance to try the game, and haven't really looked into it that much, shame on me...)

Definitely gonna buy this on my Android as soon as I possibly can, if not for the game, just because I like Stealth and Taxman, haha. The concept that fans of the series get to tinker with and improve upon the games that made a lot of us love Sonic to begin with boggles my mind. I wonder, does it kind of feel like you're tampering with something legendary, and have to really be careful how you change it, or is it more like 'Finally!! I can fix the flaws that I've noticed for YEARS!'? I think I'd feel a little bit of both if it were me, personally.

Great job, guys! :D Can't wait to see you work on more in the future!

EDIT: Oh, right! Thank you for the video, sonicblur! I can't wait to see the other changes, specifically to the layouts... ohoho

20. Arique

Arique

SHUWATCH! Member
    So... When can we get a soundtrack rip? Because I'm in love with this remastered OST. :v: