don't click here

Everdrive and Mega Everdrive... Differences?

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by ashthedragon, Mar 14, 2013.

1. MathUser

MathUser

3rd top wiki contributor Researcher
    I added a disclaimer on the wiki for those wanting to use the hack on real hardware. If you upload a version of the hack in the future that takes out the cheat system feel free to change the disclaimer on the wiki to mention the cheat system is only in previous versions of the hack.

Sonic 2 Time Attack

2. redhotsonic

redhotsonic

Also known as RHS Tech Member
    United Kingdom
    YouTuber
    Thanks, mate. I will come up with a version for hardware in the future. Could put like a watermark in the "your times" menu...

Actually, I'm going off topic here =P

3. I am thinking about picking up a Mega Everdrive. Are the only compatibility issues with the usual suspects (Virtua Racing, etc)? Also, stupid question, but I will retain the benefit of playing games on hardware as opposed to emulating the game? The part about the emulation allowing for Master System games and possibly other systems threw me off.

4. redhotsonic

redhotsonic

Also known as RHS Tech Member
    United Kingdom
    YouTuber
    All other games I've tried and downloaded work perfectly. As for the Master System, it's instead of putting that "Master System add-on". None of it is emulated, unless I mis-understood your question.

5. That's what I figured, but someone mentioned about emulation for the Master System. Up until I read that, I figured the cart used the hardware like the original ad on did.

6. Chilly Willy

Chilly Willy

Tech Member
    Doom 32X
    The PBC is just a cart adapter - there is no SMS hardware in it at all. The BC hardware is all in the MD itself. All new MD flash carts have the equivalent of PBC built in, allowing the BC of the MD for SMS games to work. The MegaEverdrive has the edge because it also supports the unlicensed Korean game mapper as well as the Sega and Codemasters mappers. Please note that SMS games won't work through the 32X - if you want to play SMS games, you have to remove the 32X. On the Nomad and Model 3, you also need to mod the console to connect the SMS pin from the cart port to the MD ASIC or it won't switch into SMS BC mode.