don't click here

Castle of Illusion remake (PC, PS3, Xbox 360)

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by TimmiT, Apr 4, 2013.

1. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Teaser Trailer:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCDm48hbH0E

2. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    I'm surpised that a downloadable SEGA game has the marketing budget for a CG teaser. Anyway, nice teaser. Though I'd rather have SEGA reveal it instead seeing how it's been leaked already.

3. Elektro-Omega

Elektro-Omega

Mushroom Hill'in Member
    UK
    -
    Oh Man,

Those soldiers and that apple, all of the memories come flooding back.

I will look at getting it if it is a remake, oh man, I sure am excited now.

All they need to do is remake Quackshot and then my classic Disney Megadrive childhood will be complete.

4. Truner

Truner

Actually, Epic Mickey is pretty much close to this. By that I meant I would like Mickey to look like the classic one. Without the skin color and all that. I'm not a fan of the "modern" cartoon Mickey Mouse people know now (and the Mickey presented in these games originally)

5. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    I know, and since Epic Mickey regular Mickey Mouse stuff (that's not Mickey Mouse Clubhouse) looks like the classic cartoons, like in Epic Mickey. I think both designs are fine, but just that for Castle of Illusion the one that would work best is the design from around that time, at least if they'd want to be faithful to the original. Then again, in the teaser you can see that Mizrabel doesn't look like the witch from Snow White (like in Castle of Illusion) nor Maleficent (in Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion), so it seems like they're not sticking too close to the source material. So if they're going that route, I think either one of Mickey's designs would be fine.

6. http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/04/15/castle-of-illusion-coming-to-psn-this-summer/

And here's a confirmation.

Some screenshots are past the link.

7. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oib9CW-W0Zw
    Oh look another teaser trailer not representative of how the game loo...
    [​IMG]
    HOLY SHIT WHAT AAAAAAAH MORE SCREENSHOTS:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/04/15/castle-of-illusion-coming-to-psn-this-summer/
    OH GOSH OH GOSH

Also it isn't Playstation exclusive, the video is just uploaded on the Playstation channel (which is why only the PS3 logo is shown).

8. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Well, that looks pretty darn alright. Never played the original but may give this a go.

9. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Press release:
    Wallpaper of the cover art:
    [​IMG]

10. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
  11. I'm super mixed about the use of 3D models and everything but I'm still hyped for this.

I would've said this was the best remake ever if they had gone with a Rayman origins/Wario land: shake it route with drawn animation for Mickey and the enemies, since I guess the 3D model makes me think of that Mickey Mouse Gamecube game? Or even that show which is in 3D and really child oriented and all.

I can't really complain though, everyone in my family knows this game more than Sonic, whenever I play the Mega Drive they ask if they can play Castle of Illusion.

12. HOLY SHIT.

This is not just an HD sprite remix, this is a full HD remaster!

Its...so beautiful...

[​IMG]

...I cannot wait for this. I want it NOW.

13. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    I hope that doesn't mean they know the game plays like ass or that it's bug-ridden...

Looks good for a 3D game, but yeah, I also feel it might have worked better as hand-drawn.

14. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    The developer's past is a bit mixed, though that could partially be blamed for what SEGA had them make. They made Medieval II: Total War, which is supposedly fantastic. After that they made Stormrise, which is an RTS for consoles. It works as well as it sounds. Their last game was the official London Olympics 2012 game (not the Mario & Sonic one), which I guess was decently received for an Olympics game. I don't know if they made any other games.

So it's not really clear what to expect from the developer. They're working with the director of the original game though.

15. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Grant Kirkhope just Tweeted saying he did the music for it.

YES.

16. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    Looks cheaply made... but then, I guess most downloadable XBLA/PSN games from Sega do.

On the plus side, Disney Interactive are unlikely to allow Mickey Mouse to star in something outstandingly awful

17. Namo

Namo

take a screenshot of your heart Member
    Mickey looks so good there. I love that his video game appearances for the most part do that weird thing with his ears.

I've never played the original but this is looking good, plus Grant Kirkhope is involved so I'll probably be getting this.

18. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    You say that like there have been no bad Mickey Mouse games.

19. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    But? But?? :argh:

Seriously, it's a pretty cool game that you should try if you enjoy old-school platformers.

20. Namo

Namo

take a screenshot of your heart Member
    Well, you've convinced me, haha. I do remember playing a Mickey Mouse game on the Sega Genesis that had a Steamboat Willie level, though.