don't click here

Sonic Before the Sequel'12 - Released with OST

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by Falk, Dec 6, 2011.

1. synchronizer

synchronizer

I'm curious: what do YOU think of your "downpour" remix?

2. S0LV0

S0LV0

Sonic Generations Helpdesk Tech Member
    Spagonia
    Abusing SMPS
    This one's mostly the work of Shirojyuu, as part of our yet-to-be-announced-on-Retro project. The main highlight of the version I posted was the addition of the vocals by me.

As for what I think, I can't stop listening. XD;

3. SeanieB

SeanieB

Chief Server Monkey Administrator
    San Diego, CA
    Fixing Sonic Retro
    I really like this, but I'm easily impressed by "genesis" remixes.

4. S0LV0

S0LV0

Spagonia
    Abusing SMPS
    Glad you like it, I linked the playlist in progress above; we're doing the entire OST! :3

5. synchronizer

synchronizer

I meant this:

Are we talking about the same piece of music?

6. SeanieB

SeanieB

Chief Server Monkey Administrator
    San Diego, CA
    Fixing Sonic Retro
    Definitely keep me posted when this comes out, then.

7. S0LV0

S0LV0

Spagonia
    Abusing SMPS
    Yeah, we are. Me and him are covering the OST in Genesis format, and we're dividing the workload roughly in half; hence my pointing out that he handled most of this particular track.

8. Captain L

Captain L

The guy who likes Shadow the Hedgehog Member
    Waiting for the coming of the Great White Hankerchief
    So I'm just playing this game now, as AST just got released and it felt like a good time to play it. Now I have some questions and other points.

It looks really weird when the standard sprites are rotated for slopes.
    Are there Chaos Emeralds in this game, and how do you get them?
    What is the point of the special stages at the end of Act 3 for anything other than a free extra life?
    There's been an odd glitch I've had where I don't bounce off an enemy when jumping on it. It cost me a shortcut at one point.
    It's really annoying how all the icons on my desktop briefly disappear and reappear again whenever a cutscene starts or stops.

Overall it's a fun fan game, but it's just got those weird issues. I like the new Sonic sprites used, and having those cutscenes is cool. Music is pretty good, though I've already forgotten what it sounds like.

9. Tiller

Tiller

HDK & World Runner

That's MMF and Sonic Worlds that position the spite with what the floor collision looks like. I'm not sure if anyone has overcome that yet.

Not that you collect. The game assumes Sonic got the 6 emeralds from Sonic 1.

Just extra lives.

Holding down the jump button makes you go through enemies without bouncing. Letting go when jumping on them props you up as normal. At least that's how ATS works.

Are you playing on a potato? I've never seen that happen on any one of my machines.

10. Bringing this back to mention an issue that I'm having.

Thought that I'd download this to show my little brother. Unfortunately, the game keeps crashing. I always get this error message after the Sonic Worlds screen:

Cannot use control \"ControlName\" registered at {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000} in this computer registry : Unable to find any programming interface.

Windows tells me that I have a version of ActiveX that isn't compatible with my version of Windows, and then takes me to download Adobe Flash Player. I've downloaded and installed it, downloaded and installed it again, used Adobe's uninstallation tool, re-downloaded and clean-installed it yet AGAIN, and I still can't get this to work.

Does anybody know what I can do to make this game work on my computer?

=== EDIT ===
    Fun Fact: Adobe Flash Player for Internet Explorer works differently than EVERY OTHER BROWSER IN EXISTENCE!!! Not only that, but the Internet Explorer version is the one that programs like MMF apparently requires to function correctly, so if you've never used Internet Explorer and out of habit make installing Google Chrome the first thing you did with a new computer, you're not going to be able to run some programs that have nothing to do with going online!

Long story short, I fixed the problem myself. If you can't run this game with the cutscenes turned on, try turning on Internet Explorer and installing its version of Flash.

11. LakeFeperd

LakeFeperd

Spark the electric jester
    @Kharen

It's not really MMF2, it's that I used the Active X object to run the flash cutscenes, and as far as I'm aware, there was really no other way. From what I know, Active X is what IE uses to run flash.

That's the reason why I never used any more flash cutscenes after ATS.

12. Oh, my problem wasn't that it broke the cutscenes. I just found it frustrating that such a simple fix isn't explained anywhere. Not even Google had much of an answer, so it took me forever to figure out how to fix it.

13. S0LV0

S0LV0

Spagonia
    Abusing SMPS
    Totally don't mean to bump this topic... again... but I'm trying to get ahead on graphic design practice and wanted something to design a logo for, so...
    [​IMG]

14. Spanish:

Buen juego pero la historia debería tener guiños y referencias a la versión de 8 bits de Sonic The Hedgehog, SegaSonic The Hedgehog, Sonic CD y la versión de 8 bits de Sonic The Hedgehog 2.

English:

Good game but the story should have winks and references to the 8-bit version of Sonic The Hedgehog, SegaSonic The Hedgehog, Sonic CD and 8-bit version of Sonic The Hedgehog 2.

15. Pulse0

Pulse0

NYC (Currently)
    Sonic Neo Genesis
    sorry to bump this topic, but this late bump is for those who have BTS but can't play the cut-scenes.
    I have Windows 7 64bit
    -
    Originally when I would boot the game, the game would crash and you'd be the unfortunate one to have to turn the game's cut-scenes off.. which sucks!
    SOOoooo after tinkering I found a fix. This might not work for everyone but it might help, and I'm using the 2011 build, rather than the 2012.
    _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-///
    First thing you'd want to do is check if the exe is locked and unlock it.
    Right click the exe and go to properties and unlock the file buy using the unlock button under the attributes
    Then go to the compatibility tab and turn it to (XP service pack 2)
    press Apply Then Ok

Then you should be good to go....
    Hope it helps

16. VectorCNC

VectorCNC

CNC Sculpture/Artwork
    May I ask is this game available for Mac?

17. Techokami

Techokami

For use only on NTSC Genesis systems Researcher
    HoleNet!
    Sonic Worlds Next
    It's not for MacOS. It was made long before Clickteam began considering a MacOS runtime for Multimedia Fusion 2, and even still it's in a rough beta state, with unported extensions.
    Though isn't there a WINE for MacOS that you could try?

18. Pulse0

Pulse0

NYC (Currently)
    Sonic Neo Genesis
    [​IMG]