don't click here

Sonic 1 and 2 getting the Sonic CD treatment by Taxman and Stealth

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    This would be a smart move, after they didn't update Sonic CD except on mobile. Still, I will be immensely disappointed if this doesn't end up on Steam, since that's my gaming platform of choice pretty much all the time.

2. Sappharad

Sappharad

Oldbie
    I was thinking/hoping they might be waiting to do another Sonic Jam style collection, since it's extremely unlikely that they'd do a free update to the existing emulated games on consoles like they're doing for mobile. I know collections are unpopular, but considering the developers behind it, there is so much extra content they could offer to make it worth buying. They could do another documentary on the development of the games like they did for the heritage collection games, and maybe touch on stuff we want to know more about like the stuff that never made it.

3. 0r4ng3

0r4ng3

The boss was reprogrammed for wide screen and it functions pretty sweetly. Awesome.

Only Starlight Zone is gonna be problematic.

4. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    If older iOS devices aren't being supported, does this mean we can get real underwater palettes this time? :v

5. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Sorta. I imagine the changes to make it work are pretty minimal -- you could just add a couple extra see-saws and it wouldn't change much about how the boss plays, though I guess that might make it just sliiiightly easier.

6. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Or just... center them on the screen.

7. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    It's really not as big of a deal as you guys are making it out to be. Star light was completely fine (albeit it made it a bit easier being able to avoid the boss on the left and right sides, which makes me want to add barriers.).

Here's some examples of how I dealt with it, which I'm assuming this will use near identical methods.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hI6W4pqqU8

Not a huge deal. Sonic 2 will be even easier I'm assuming.

8. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Sonic the Hedgehog Extended Edition
    Even that is probably unnecessary; going by GHZ's view, SYZ will just have more blocks, and SLZ will just spread out the seesaws a bit more. FZ's boss already scrolls, so that won't be too difficult to solve in and of itself anyway. In terms of Sonic 2; EHZ scrolls, CPZ will probably just be widened a bit (the rotating platforms will be increased, possibly, to keep difficulty), ARZ could be widened in distance to prevent the easy jump across.. etc. etc.

Let's wait and see how they deal with it.

9. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Something I'd really, really like to see addressed when Sonic 2 comes, is to finish Wing Fortress according to the original design documents, since some parts of the level were obviously just plain unfinished and quickly patched right before release.

10. Captain L

Captain L

The guy who likes Shadow the Hedgehog Member
    Waiting for the coming of the Great White Hankerchief
    I'd love to see Sonic 2 finished. And by "finished", I just mean put Hidden Palace Zone back in there. It would require another boss, but that seems like something that could be managed.

11. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    Now that you have my attention, tell me more.

12. Dan Lioneye

Dan Lioneye

UK
    I'm guessing something involving usage of the previously unused items that can be accessed in debug mode.

13. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

And that treadmill mechanism that moves but doesn't affect your character- that's an obvious bug right there.

The second most glaring issue is the end of level Super Sonic glitch, which I'm sure will be patched too.

14. Hukos

Hukos

Or the 3 ring item boxes that are stacked in mid-air that are really out of place. :eng101:

15. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Or the QUIT YER YAPPIN' ABOUT THINGS YOU WANT FIXED. :argh:
    But really, get the invincibility stars to work on Super Sonic. Shouldn't screw up the game as horribly as it did on the Genesis during Hill Top now. :specialed:
    No but seriously, ease up guys. 1's barely out and 2's already getting all the requests. It's nice to be excited, but don't flood up the thread with "TAXMAN, FIX THIS AND I'LL TOTALLY SEND YOU VEGEMITE!"

16. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    Does the game still support using the back button as jump?

17. Captain L

Captain L

The guy who likes Shadow the Hedgehog Member
    Waiting for the coming of the Great White Hankerchief
    Wait, 1's out? Damn you, Apple, and your approval period!

18. SpaceyBat

SpaceyBat

United States
    Freedom Planet 2
    I ought to do a price check on something like this...

Anyhoo, I'm psyched to see the little surprises that you two have in store for us. ^_^ I'm particularly curious about Sonic 2 since it gives me the nostalgia goosebumps to this day.

19. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    I don't think so.

20. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    It's not. It's expected some time this month.