don't click here

Sonic Advance 2 pre-release (possible protoype) has come to light

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by MSX, Apr 9, 2013.

1. MSX

MSX

Lives on the internet. Member
    EDIT: Well here it is. May the techies find something interesting. http://www.mediafire.com/?cvh0ag1r44ac8ae

While searching around the interwebz, I happen to come across this little curiosity: [​IMG]
    Yep, a GBA cat labeled Sonic 2, a.k.a Sonic Advance 2. Fortunately, there are a billion and a half ways to dump a GBA cart, so I'll be making this public soon.
    [​IMG]
    I'm using my sister's DS Lite to dump the cart, so don't laugh at the pink!

Here's the sad part: I did not notice any differences between this and the retail, other than everything being unlocked. Please let the hackers find something juicy! (I'll settle for a debug mode). :P

2. dsrb

dsrb

3. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    It's a "Nicktoons Racing" cartridge with a Sonic 2 sticker thrown on top. Pirate at best, hoax at worst.

EDIT: Ninja'd by DSRB, so nevermind :rolleyes:

4. MSX

MSX

Wow, fml. I wasn't online here in a long time so I had no clue.
    It's appears to be an actual dev cart . Though that doesn't mean someone couldn't have flashed it I guessed.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (sorry 56k modem users) :P

5. Arique

Arique

SHUWATCH! Member
    Aw man, this thread got my hopes up for something new. :(
    But hey, I am kinda curious about the innards of this cart ever since OrengeFox brought it up, so dump away! Maybe we can get something good out of this!

6. MSX

MSX

Well here are some inside shots. Caution: pic heavy.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Orengefox

Orengefox

Snooping as usual... Researcher
    Right in front of my computer.
    Some artwork, a ZZT game, and a hack.
    Indeed I made a post about selling this cart as well as someone making a post about that post (here and here) to avoid any confusion. But as you pointed out MSX, you've not been around here for awhile so you wouldn't have known. Having gone out of your way to do all this is still appreciated all the same.

A couple of things to take from this. Aside from what's in the cartridge, MSX now owns one variation of the Nintendo GBA development cartridge. Also, the funds I did get from this will go towards finding other Sonic prototypes; one of the things I do as a Researcher. Trust me, the money will come in handy ;)

8. MSX

MSX

A member on the ASSEMbler forums compared this rom to the European rom, and it was exactly the same. At least I have a nice collectible on my hands. :P
    Here's hoping that you find a better prototype. (Maybe like the one in the trailer).

[​IMG]